Firmware issue with battery
1141 7 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kalbo832
lvl.1
United States

One of my batteries failed in the middle of doing the firmware upgrade the center 2 LED's are stuck on.  Tried letting the battery sit for 2 hours.  Pressing the button does nothing, tried charging the battery after 3 hours still does the samething.  Spark is two weeks old and it looks like one of my batteries is toast.  Any ideas or am I looking at sending this one back?

Thx for any help. Already put a request into DJI for help as well.

2017-7-28
Use props
The Commodus
New
Flight distance : 35125 ft
Switzerland

I have the same issue but with Mavic. I then upgraded my drone with another battery and when I put this on in, it tells me there is an inconsistency in firmware version between the drone and accessory. It recommends to go through update but battery level is too low and I cannot charge it.
2017-7-29
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

thats scary to think.. wonder why the batteries hang during updates and get stuck/bricked.   

not good but maybe its Dji's unintentional way of killing off bad batteries that could cause issues update something that triggers problems and if it fails replace the pack?
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It is the sign that the battery had not upgraded successfully. please try to connect the drone with this battery to DJI Assistant 2 and see if you can upgrade it again.
If you can not upgrade it again, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 with another battery and export the upgrade log from Black Box. Besides, please send the battery back and we will take care of this. Thank you.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

The Commodus Posted at 2017-7-29 09:43
I have the same issue but with Mavic. I then upgraded my drone with another battery and when I put this on in, it tells me there is an inconsistency in firmware version between the drone and accessory. It recommends to go through update but battery level is too low and I cannot charge it.

If you met this issue with Mavic, you can leave the battery charging for about 40mins, and try to upgrade it via DJI Assistant 2 on the computer again:
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-7-29 12:03
thats scary to think.. wonder why the batteries hang during updates and get stuck/bricked.   

not good but maybe its Dji's unintentional way of killing off bad batteries that could cause issues update something that triggers problems and if it fails replace the pack?

It might happen because upgrade fails or interrupts. At most cases, it can be resolved if it could be upgraded again.  
2017-7-30
Use props
Its_Big_Dee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 266024 ft
United States

I noticed mines was hanging up but it eventually went through on all 3 of my battery's
2017-7-30
Use props
Kalbo832
lvl.1
United States

Have to send it back to DJI can't get the upgrade to start up again on it.  Other 2 batteries upgraded just fine.  Third one just died can't do anything with it.  Waiting for the UPS label.  
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules