New firmware bricks battery, anything to do with the falling cases?
1058 9 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys,
We were all aware of the infamous falling cases of Spark before the update on 26/7.
There were many theories so far, however, the most agreeable seems to be that there is some issue with batteries. And coincidently that the new firmware update did have something to do with the battery, and also coincident enough that the firmware did brick some batteries...
My question is, would the falling issue is really because of the battery, and the new firmware did intentionally brick those bad quality batteries to prevent users from using and falling? Because the brick is random with some batteries only, just like the falling is just randoml with some Sparks only.
2017-7-28
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Idk i know the battery part of the upgrade did take awhile stuck at 97% maybe people are pulling them off to early thinking fw update got borked but really it was fine. I know i almost did. Cant really say its related to the sparks dying midair me thinks its not being latched all the way!
2017-7-28
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-28 19:33
Idk i know the battery part of the upgrade did take awhile stuck at 97% maybe people are pulling them off to early thinking fw update got borked but really it was fine. I know i almost did. Cant really say its related to the sparks dying midair me thinks its not being latched all the way!

I highly doubt about users taking battery at 97%. Everybody would know 97% means not yet finish, and nobody would recklessly take the battery out at 97%. Not to mention if they want to restart, can just push on the power button rather than take out the batteryy. I think that is not quite logic.

About the latch, many already confirmed they did check the latch carefully, and some cases the battery latches still tight after the fall.
2017-7-28
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Mine stayed on 97% for about 5 to 6 minutes to a newb they might think that it was a glitch or it failed and try to restart fw
2017-7-28
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

No one said u had to take out battery to restart tge fw upgrade.....sheesh u and all your "theorys"
2017-7-28
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

No issue at all, updated 9 pieces.
2017-7-28
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

I guess we wont ever know until dji starts digging into things.

2017-7-28
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-7-28 19:46
No one said u had to take out battery to restart tge fw upgrade.....sheesh u and all your "theorys"

Well, we are dicussing here, so,  If you think my explanation is not reasonable and have better idea you can always propose rather than "sheesh" me (Although I does not know what "sheesh" mean either)

Maybe it is language matter, you said in you first reply "pulling them off ", so I thought you meant pull off the battery.
2017-7-28
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I refreshed the firmware with my previously faulty battery (fell from the sky) and it updated smoothly and still works. I don't know how confident I am that it won't fail again at some point. Only time will tell.
2017-7-28
Use props
Hathdert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-7-28 21:08
I refreshed the firmware with my previously faulty battery (fell from the sky) and it updated smoothly and still works. I don't know how confident I am that it won't fail again at some point. Only time will tell.

Can you please provide the flight log of your fell of sky Spark on phantom help site?
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules