3447 46 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Groovin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12927 ft
Austria

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-9 23:52
Thanks for the kindly inputs. There are reasons might cause a flight record terminated abruptly, such as app disconnected, RC signal loss and image transmission loss etc.. But it depends on a certain case. If something unexpected happened, we hope that we can a certain case by the certain data on the drone, also, more data like not only the flight record but the flight data on the drone, Black Box data will also help to make a more specific analysis.

But how are we supposed to have any trust in DJI products warranty and customer care if you are clearly stating in a number of cases that if the connection is terminated to the drone and the logs show normal flight conditions and no abnormalities and the drone can not be salvaged (especially in cases of flying over water which are clearly not prohibited) DJI will not honor any guarantee cases.

I then ask following easy questions:

1. Can all of us acknowledge that there is a degree of certain proof that drones suddenly lose connection and fall out of the sky? (not relevant how many)

2. Is it clear that some of the above cases if the answer to the previous question is yes are not because of any piloting or usage errors from customers?

3. If again yes then is flying over water or buildings or mountainous terrain forbidden by DJI terms of use?

4. If not then you will clearly have cases of lost drones that are not recoverable?

5. If yes then it is obvious that you will either have to define and exclude such guarantee cases explicitly or place a burden of proof on customers in such explicit cases that the fault was not on their part; is that stipulated somewhere in the terms of service or guarantee?

6. If not then honor your guarantee!

2017-8-10
Use props
Sponk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7815 ft
Germany

Last week my Spark dropped during pano shooting. I have been flying afterwards (not high and over soft grass) and it seems to be undamaged.

I uploaded flight record, blackbox data and the app log for DJI support, so they can investigate. (request 676680) But I only received the standard response: That I have to send it in to get it checked/repaired.

I'm reluctant to send it in because I still believe (hope) this is a firmware issue and I fear that I won't get it back in time for vacation in 3 Weeks.
I think it possible that there was a firmware conflict between AC and battery (have 2 batteries), but I can't tell for sure now. Surely support could tell looking at the blackbox data, but I don't think they will investigate anyting without a proper support case which seems to require me to send it in.

So I keep checking the forum for any news and avoid flying high or over water and stick to soft ground.
2017-8-10
Use props
Andy6178
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1765 ft
Malaysia

My case also same, my spark lost wifi signal after around 2 min flight, and lost in the sky,
When i saw my app show wifi signal lost, i quickly go to the point that the spark lost signal and try to reconnect the wifi, but i didn't see and spark wifi at all,
At the moment i feel very scare the spark drop and hit somebody, because it lost signal at housing area,
I try to find the drone until today, i have try ask my friends and use their phantom series drone to help me find, but didn't find anything, and i go put leaflet of missing drone in the housing area also didn't get any feed back,
I feel very sad, because this is my first drone and i just bought it 3 days before it lost,
and i have try more far and longer time to fly at the same place, also no problem at all, only this time, it lost..
I have pass the flight records and the last video to dji for analysis,
But i think, the result will same like you, can't check any problem at all
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Groovin Posted at 2017-8-10 00:52
But how are we supposed to have any trust in DJI products warranty and customer care if you are clearly stating in a number of cases that if the connection is terminated to the drone and the logs show normal flight conditions and no abnormalities and the drone can not be salvaged (especially in cases of flying over water which are clearly not prohibited) DJI will not honor any guarantee cases.

I then ask following easy questions:

We truly understand your feeling, but as I had stated many times, we need to analyze case by case. For the flight environment choosing, we had the introduction on the user manual, and we don't recommend flying it above the water. 飞行环境选择.png
It had also stated the loss of or damage to your data by a product does not cover by our Aftersales Policy:

因数据丢失不保.png
Thanks for the kindly understanding.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Andy6178 Posted at 2017-8-10 10:01
My case also same, my spark lost wifi signal after around 2 min flight, and lost in the sky,
When i saw my app show wifi signal lost, i quickly go to the point that the spark lost signal and try to reconnect the wifi, but i didn't see and spark wifi at all,
At the moment i feel very scare the spark drop and hit somebody, because it lost signal at housing area,

Had you contacted to our support and start a data analysis? If not yet, please contact us and we will evaluate your case by your data.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-10
Use props
Inspire_Max
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9211303 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Two  things come out from this thread:

1 st is that when  DJI doesn't know what to say after an incident,  assumes too much and it's always pilot error!

2 nd is that the warranty covers almost nothing...
2017-8-10
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6407 ft
Mexico

Hola, estoy muy preocupado por el asunto de mi zumbido que se apagó en vuelo en el cielo y cayó muy alto y se volvió inutilizable. Mi número de caso es CAS-881899-B4C5S1. DJI lanza una declaración el 25 de julio de 2017 diciendo esto: "DJI es consciente de un pequeño número de informes que involucran a los aviones teledirigidos Spark que han perdido potencia a mitad de vuelo.La seguridad de los vuelos y la fiabilidad del producto son las principales prioridades. Los productos de DJI son probados durante miles de horas, y un número abrumador de clientes disfrutan de usar nuestros productos con un mínimo de interrupción ".
Son conscientes del problema y no están dando solución a ninguno de ellos, estoy muy nervioso porque el costo de mi chispa en México fue de casi 1000 dólares con Fly More Combo que es igual a $ 17, 699 pesos mexicanos y estoy asustado de que DJI responda a mí con la misma respuesta "Lo siento por su pérdida" "la situación de vuelo posterior era desconocido, que no pudo determinar la causa del accidente". No puede determinar la causa del accidente es una vergüenza.
Tengo el registro de mi vuelo y se observa claramente que a los 91 metros el drone se apagó, se perdió conexiones y se cayó del cielo ... Como veis, soy de México, Hoy he mandado mi Spark a DJI Oficinas en USA Voy a esperar su respuesta, pero la lectura aquí puedo suponer o puede adivinar cuál será la respuesta ...
Cualquier ayuda, alguien ha validar la garantía?
2017-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules