Mavic Does Not Focus
902 4 2017-7-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sloan Fischer
lvl.3
United States

I drove over an hour to a location to shoot the sunset and for some odd reason, the Mavic would not focus at all. I kept clicking to focus and I even restarted my drone, but still did not work. Very dissapointed why it would not focus at all. (Yes I know how to focus I have used the Mavic 100+ times and have never had any problems until now)
2017-7-28
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2108435 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Tell us more: what version of FW? Did you recently upgrade to GO 4.1.4 ? Is AFC set to on ? did you try to focus with the C1 button. Were you perhaps in manual focus mode ?
2017-7-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Please answer ars.fabula 's questions, Besides, can you upload an original image from the SD card for analysis?
2017-7-29
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Were you shooting directly into sun If so, just set to manual focus and focus on something at infinity.
2017-7-30
Use props
mhb112
lvl.1
United States

I've recently had this problem also.  I must admit I've only had my mavic for a week now, and I've only seriously started looking into the quality of photos/videos the last 2-3 days.  I noticed today I could not focus either manually or with af on.  I have the current fw.  I have calibrated the gimbal/imu/compass quite a few times.

One thing I have noticed, restarting my mavic seems to "refresh" the focus, it starts working, for a while.  I put a piece of paper with some writing in front of my camera and noticed the words were very clear, took off and flew around for a bit, landed after 10 minutes or so and tried the same test.  The words were very blurry, and using af/mf did nothing.  I could not get the words into focus.  Restarted my mavic and the words were crystal clear again.
2017-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules