Why upgrade, if it ain't broken don't fix it?
523 3 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

i am reluctant to upgrade th firmware and app for my spark as it is working perfectly well. Using otg, airplane mode I ve gotten up to almost 4000' range and no issue in about two dozen flights.

I understand the official line is always to use the latest firmware but the ole "if it ain't broken don't fix it" is equally tempting. So far there has only been a handful of post about issues during or after upgrading so the upgrade seems safe. That said I don't use gesture mode, always use the RC and fly it manually without relying on any of the intelligent flight mode so the only benefit would be the 180 pano which I can live without.

I don't know... will wait a few more days maybe
2017-7-29
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Netherlands

New or improved features is enough reason to do the update and just because nothing happened to you till now doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. I think makeing sure your drone doesn't fall on someone's head is also important. Don't get me wrong. Your way works great for other things but not in this case imho.
2017-7-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah why not stay on older firmware, if it's working for you, you have time to figure how it's going for others. Good luck..
2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules