Is the latest update for dji go 4 app save?
874 4 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leopold 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131175 ft
Belgium

Hello,

I had the 4.1.3 and everything was fine exept somethimes a limitation of 50 meter radius (just need a reboot then). a few days ago i had an automatic update to 4.1.4. I've heard a lot of problems like signal lost and rth. I never flew with 4.1.4 but next monday i will. Somebody adviced me to disable the automatic update and wait for some reviews everytime there is an update available. should i update the app before i fly with 4.1.4 because yesterday i saw a new update on my phone but i already disabled automatic updates?

Greets

ps i'm flying with p4p

2017-7-29
Use props
dcap
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I updated to 4.1.4 on my phone and tablet flew with both device's and everything was pretty much the same as 4.1.3. Caching to the external sd on my both devices caused lag on the live video , so I turned of cache and all is smooth. For now......
2017-7-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Leopold,

If you have a DJI approved device and follow the directions for installing the firmware, you should have no problems with any of the firmware updates.  If you should experience laggy video in Live View (camera view), put your device in Airplane Mode and see if the video improves.  If so, there are ways with your device to disable downloads and apps that interfere with your flying.  It is best to have a dedicated tablet used only for flying.  There are also ways to refine your HD video settings to improve your video depending on your DJI product.

But, all devices get old and the DJI apps and firmware get more complicated.  You will eventually have to get a stronger device to keep up with the cutting edge technology of DJI products.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-7-29
Use props
Leopold 2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131175 ft
Belgium

Hello,

I'm using a samsung note 4 (always ing airplane mode) and no problems so far exept a few times a limitation in radius. It's a little bit scary if you read all the malfunctions that other users experienced with recent updates. i'm wondering what goes wrong?

greets
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please refer 3#'s suggestions first. If you do not want to update the APP, just ignore it when the reminder pops up.
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules