DJI Go and Litchi - Which First?
1123 3 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansff50a9d5
lvl.2
United States

Just orderd a Mavic Pro and intend to use Litchi exclusively.  The question is: Do I need to download DJI Go for any reason, like for initial setup or anything like that?
Thanks Mucho,

2017-7-29
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

It's my understanding that you'll need to start and login to DJI Go 4 first when connecting to your Mavic. After that you can exit Go and use other apps to control your Mavic.  If you don't fire up Go first your flight will be restricted in both distance and altitude.
2017-7-29
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

In addition to what CAAirborne mentioned, I've seen more than one post from people who had trouble doing compass calibrations through Litchi and had to resort to using Go instead. Litchi is a good app, but things like the initial login, registration, and calibrations are probably best (or only) done with Go. And given that it's a free app there's not much reason not to go ahead and install it in addition to Litchi.
2017-7-29
Use props
fansff50a9d5
lvl.2
United States

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-7-29 11:34
It's my understanding that you'll need to start and login to DJI Go 4 first when connecting to your Mavic. After that you can exit Go and use other apps to control your Mavic.  If you don't fire up Go first your flight will be restricted in both distance and altitude.

Thanks, that's what I'll do.
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules