Mavic BUG over water!
1883 10 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6916e6f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

I am on the latest firmware and twice today when flying over the ocean the mavic lost its mind for a second.   It stopped recording video and the camera twitched and video dropped out of the goggles and came back.  No errors show up in the flight logs that I can see.  There was a lot of reflections off the water at the time.  I did a few flights after over land and NO issues  but over water it was a problem.  Also both video files that got stopped by the glitch have a file date of December 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM.  The other videos all have the correct time stamp.

I have spoken to 1 other mavic owner who had the same issue with the mavic dropping out video over water and the video files get saved with the December 31, 2013 date on them.

This is a bug that lkely has to do with reflections over the water.

This was a really bad time for the drone to give me issues 1KM away over the north atlantic.

2017-7-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Did it look anything like what's shown in the video below? If so, it's a commonly reported problem that I call "Gimbals Gone Wild". It has been around a while but it seems like it might have gotten worse / more common with the latest firmware release.

2017-7-29
Use props
fans6916e6f9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-7-29 15:56
Did it look anything like what's shown in the video below? If so, it's a commonly reported problem that I call "Gimbals Gone Wild". It has been around a while but it seems like it might have gotten worse / more common with the latest firmware release.
Mavic Pro gimbal issue

Nope... nothing like that... it was almost like the video just ended... and when it came back the gimbal was resetting... no sign of any issue on the video... it just stopped... and all went black for 3 seconds....

Also when that happens for you did it stop the video recording?
2017-7-29
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

fly mostly over water do to my local....Have yet to have any issues.
  I subscribe to this thread

barge

barge

Mavic shadow

Mavic shadow

geese in the creek

geese in the creek
rb lagoon .jpg
2017-7-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today I had something similar but I was over land....I was using the goggles in head tracking gimbal when it lost connection....it took about 15 seconds to re-establish the connection but it didn't go back to head tracking...which I assume it wouldn't if it reset .....only happened once out of 3 batteries. Mavic was within 25 yards when I lost the connection so it wasn't like a long distance signal issue..
2017-7-29
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans6916e6f9 Posted at 2017-7-29 18:31
Nope... nothing like that... it was almost like the video just ended... and when it came back the gimbal was resetting... no sign of any issue on the video... it just stopped... and all went black for 3 seconds....

Also when that happens for you did it stop the video recording?

What you're describing does sound like the problem I mentioned that many people have experienced and yes, it does stop recording when that occurs. By any chance was the last video file created when this happened to almost exactly 4G in size? If so, you're probably experiencing the same problem that many others have.
2017-7-30
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Disable VPS over water and you will be ok
2017-7-30
Use props
beemerLT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 691601 ft
United States

same issue.  had to send in for repair.  sent me back a refurbished aircraft.  so far no gimbal resets however i am still getting the file metadata issue you speak of on the second file after the 4gb file split.  i will be sending mine back in again in 2 weeks after i get back from a vacation.
2017-7-31
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flew my Mavic low over a lake last weekend. Nothing bad happened.
over the lake.png
2017-7-31
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-7-30 03:57
Disable VPS over water and you will be ok

Different problem.  Unlikely to work for this one.
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you refer below and export the flight data and visual data for further analysis? Please upload to Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link if possible. Thanks in advance.

The way to export the Main Control Data
a. Download and install DJI assistant 2: http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
b. Connect aircraft and PC,and power on the aircraft
c. Operate DJI assistant 2, find flight record and visual data to save
2017-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules