734 9 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would like to see seperated signal qualities camera connection separated from the RC connection..  i know probably tied together but are people (including myself) who have flown and still had control when the camera system was struggling..it appaear to be tied together..which can be fixed i think..

maybe DJi could separate the channels or something for camera and the controller....   even if it requires OTG to do..    like 5,8Ghz for camera and 2.4Ghz for RC?

i do know with RF theory (something radio hams understand really well and i once wanted to join in)  the more narrow bandwidth the further the range without direct increase in power.. thats one of the reasons why 2.4ghz operates further, its bandwidth is more narrow like 20Mhz or 40Mhz on 2.4Ghz.  or with 5,8 bandwidth is likely using 80Mhz.  if they are untied then Dji could potentially use even lower bandwidth on 2,4Ghz extend the range even further potentially without increasing power like maybe even using 10Mhz or less!  likely same with 5,8Ghz, could drop down to 40mhz or 20Mhz maybe even 10Mhz would be large enpough for 720P stream on 5.8Ghz if it only has one things to handle..

advantages to narrower channel band is also less interferance, further range..downsides are local regulations may dictate wifi bandwidth, though usually unlikely would be agaist narrower bandwidths, it is possible some goof in office tht doesnt understand less bandwidth is better for less RF congestion or other issue is potentially incompatable with older phoens and tablets..  thats why i suggest it be an OTG feature and RC and spark can work all that out phone/tablet is just along for the ride over the cable..

other side of the coin as well...if using narrower band they could in effect create there own channel that fits right inbetween existing channels..wouldnt be breaking any laws since most part its a sweeping frequency spetrum..   but if they go super narrow you can fit inbetween channels.. wihtout exceeding limits...

its a thought.

2017-7-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thank you for you attention. The request will be forwarded to our engineers for review.
2017-8-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 00:12
Thank you for you attention. The request will be forwarded to our engineers for review.

thank you!  also, to add if possible  few more things should be enabled/added

- ability to manually switch in and out of GPS, ATTi, VPS modes, and assign them to custom buttons on the RC (to help people avoid flyaways during compass errors and allow more experienced users to get better usage)

-enable advanced options like terrain follow, smart return to home, dynamic home point, waypoint, orbit, narrow sensing and wide sensing.  (is mods that can enable all of these already as they exist in firmware, so DJi just needs to turn em on and tweak them)

-enable follow mode to follow whatever device it is attached to

-officially update and support OTG, as it is a much better when it works with the native ability to pick desired bands (2.4 or 5.8ghz)

-default to 2,4Ghz on startup and reset, not 5.8ghz, a lot of people have issues with 5.8Ghz, specially EU spec spark users.  but 2.4ghz outside has better range potential

- everything i mentioned in the post above!
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-1 00:28
thank you!  also, to add if possible  few more things should be enabled/added

- ability to manually switch in and out of GPS, ATTi, VPS modes, and assign them to custom buttons on the RC (to help people avoid flyaways during compass errors and allow more experienced users to get better usage)

Received with thanks! Hopefully the engineers will consider in the future.
2017-8-1
Use props
mArkAntonio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22625 ft
Lithuania

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-1 05:06
Received with thanks! Hopefully the engineers will consider in the future.

I do hope they will add and update this version of SPARK, not that it's just gonna be included in DJI SPARK 2.0
2017-8-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mArkAntonio Posted at 2017-8-1 05:59
I do hope they will add and update this version of SPARK, not that it's just gonna be included in DJI SPARK 2.0

well there is hope.   since there are mods for firmware to enable most of these features...  all the mavic pro features and it works very well!   ;)   so hoping DJi will implement.   but if they dont and they wanna pretend spark 2 only features, and we get bored, we can always reflash it using modified DJi Assist 2 and force them to run.  
2017-8-1
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is how DJI has made their drones for quite some time.  2.4 on the RC, 5.8 on the video.
2017-8-1
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-8-1 06:55
This is how DJI has made their drones for quite some time.  2.4 on the RC, 5.8 on the video.

however, on the spark, they are bound together on same channel, and the channel from best of my research.. on 2.4Ghz the spark and RC are using 40Mhz bandwidth, which is very wide. and on 5.8Ghz the spark and the RC are using 40Mhz again, likely for compatability or likely because 40Mhz is easy number if it works on 2.4Ghz tied together it definatly works on 5.8Ghz..   while the spark does seem to be emitting both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz signals, it only latches into one or the other.  

if they forced video and control on separate bands and both at very least halved their bandwidth, range and usability of the spak with the RC would be more desirable and would go further and less prone to interference.

ideally 2.4Ghz on 10Mhz (or less if possible) bandwidth since control requires a lot less. and 5.8Ghz on either 10Mhz or 20Mhz bandwidth. i haven't tested how much bandwidth 720P 30fps video that the spark streams requires, it also depends on the Codec.
2017-8-1
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-1 10:51
however, on the spark, they are bound together on same channel, and the channel from best of my research.. on 2.4Ghz the spark and RC are using 40Mhz bandwidth, which is very wide. and on 5.8Ghz the spark and the RC are using 40Mhz again, likely for compatability or likely because 40Mhz is easy number if it works on 2.4Ghz tied together it definatly works on 5.8Ghz..   while the spark does seem to be emitting both 2.4Ghz and 5.8Ghz signals, it only latches into one or the other.  

if they forced video and control on separate bands and both at very least halved their bandwidth, range and usability of the spak with the RC would be more desirable and would go further and less prone to interference.

I expect that was specifically done on purpose to lower the cost of production, don't you think?
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-8-2 12:01
I expect that was specifically done on purpose to lower the cost of production, don't you think?

nah..just software.. the wifi i doubt is anything specially, probably just an off the shelf part from intel or broadcom or qualcom
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules