Motor Current Error?
1833 6 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4ead6077
lvl.1
United States

I just got my Spark back from DJI, after a 4 week wait. First flight after updating firmware, and i get a Motor Current error. I have since gotten this error with every flight, even though I have:

Changed the propellers
Factory reset the drone
Re updated the drone
Calibrated compass and IMU
Checked motors (not sure what im feeling for) finding no resistance in particular (though the two circle prop motors felt a little less smooth than the others.

What is going on? The drone is also taking off and going to about 6 or 7 feet up, though it only thinks its gone up 4. Very irritated with the repair quality.
2017-7-29
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yeah makes you think they should have really check this before they shipped it back to you!
2017-7-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It sounds like problems with electrics going to motor, a bad motor is not something to mess about with, should have been checked, send it back let them know your not happy.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans4ead6077
lvl.1
United States

If you see this DJI, know that the fact that you have a 24/7 sales team and not a 24/7 support team is a business atrocity. You are lucky you make the only drones worth buying.
2017-7-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to hear that. Could you please leave me with the screenshot of the error message and all firmware version in ABOUT? Can the drone fly normally?
And the previous case number as well, thank you.
2017-7-30
Use props
fans4ead6077
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-30 19:57
We are sorry to hear that. Could you please leave me with the screenshot of the error message and all firmware version in ABOUT? Can the drone fly normally?
And the previous case number as well, thank you.

I am sorry I took so long to see this response. I am now more irritated than ever. I did a firmware reset and update followed by a test flight (as instructed by DJI tech support) and the error was still there. Worse still, when bringing the Spark back to land to call tech support again, when the drone was about five feet from me, I suddenly lost all control over the drone (image transmission still worked, and controller was still "connected" but the drone spun in rapid circles, losing altitude before falling to the ground, breaking a propeller arm. I have since sent the drone back to DJI, in California. Today I got an email from them saying my drone had been evaluated and that It could be repaired for free under warranty. The way I see it, they should be getting me a brand new drone, as the repair team clearly doesn't know what they are doing. Furthermore, even if the motor defect was not caused by the repair team, when I received the original repair, the return packaging had the drone sent in a box with a bunch of packing material on TOP of the drone, with nothing beneath. Basically, if a UPS driver threw the box around (and I am certain they did) then the drone would have easily been broken. I also just got off the phone with DJI, where I was told for the umpteenth time that my case is "escalated" and that my request to get a brand new unit will need to wait to hear from headquarters. Then when I asked about care refresh (which I have) I was told to just wait, and then after a two minute silence, I was told that I should just table the issue for the day, and then the guy hung up. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. If ANY other company with competition had customer service this bad, they would already be out of business. Unfortunately, DJI has no real competition.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans4ead6077 Posted at 2017-8-4 08:42
I am sorry I took so long to see this response. I am now more irritated than ever. I did a firmware reset and update followed by a test flight (as instructed by DJI tech support) and the error was still there. Worse still, when bringing the Spark back to land to call tech support again, when the drone was about five feet from me, I suddenly lost all control over the drone (image transmission still worked, and controller was still "connected" but the drone spun in rapid circles, losing altitude before falling to the ground, breaking a propeller arm. I have since sent the drone back to DJI, in California. Today I got an email from them saying my drone had been evaluated and that It could be repaired for free under warranty. The way I see it, they should be getting me a brand new drone, as the repair team clearly doesn't know what they are doing. Furthermore, even if the motor defect was not caused by the repair team, when I received the original repair, the return packaging had the drone sent in a box with a bunch of packing material on TOP of the drone, with nothing beneath. Basically, if a UPS driver threw the box around (and I am certain they did) then the drone would have easily been broken. I also just got off the phone with DJI, where I was told for the umpteenth time that my case is "escalated" and that my request to get a brand new unit will need to wait to hear from headquarters. Then when I asked about care refresh (which I have) I was told to just wait, and then after a two minute silence, I was told that I should just table the issue for the day, and then the guy hung up. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. If ANY other company with competition had customer service this bad, they would already be out of business. Unfortunately, DJI has no real competition.

You have our sincere apologize for the unpleasant experience, would you please provide me the current case number? I will help to look into the status.
I will transfer your feedback to the supervisor as well, will keep improving to make your experience with us better.
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules