123Next >
12512 102 2017-7-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
Romania

So no base cover available yet in Europe!??!??!?? I'm flying with my Spark with that piece broken but I want to change it.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bupitz Posted at 2017-9-10 05:31
So no base cover available yet in Europe!??!??!?? I'm flying with my Spark with that piece broken but I want to change it.

Please send email to support.eu@dji.com, our support will help to check if there is LED cover available in the facility, thank you.
2017-9-10
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

I wrote an email to the support.eu and I received 2 LED Cover for free from DJI Germany but not the LED Cover base. Very fast shipment, a pity they misunderstood what I need.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bupitz Posted at 2017-9-16 05:04
I wrote an email to the support.eu and I received 2 LED Cover for free from DJI Germany but not the LED Cover base. Very fast shipment, a pity they misunderstood what I need.

Please post the case number here, we will help to confirm with local repair team to see if the case can be sent to you, thank you.
2017-9-16
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

I finally got it !!!
LED Cover.jpg
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Glad you received it finally, if there is further issue, please keep us updated.
2017-9-20
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
France

Everything is OK now, a pity that it took so much. Thank you for your support!
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bupitz Posted at 2017-9-20 22:47
Everything is OK now, a pity that it took so much. Thank you for your support!

You are welcome, sorry for the trouble caused during this process, we will keep improving our customer service to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-9-21
Use props
jacknapier86
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-21 00:43
You are welcome, sorry for the trouble caused during this process, we will keep improving our customer service to make your experience with us better in the future.

Same issue here as Bupitz.

Just got my DJI spark and after removing the safety guards gently that were supplied with the FLY MORE pack.  The LED cover and LED base removed along with it.

I live in Spain. Can I get a replacement of the attached piece(s).  Cover and base.

2017-9-30
Use props
jacknapier86
New
Spain

Just got my DJI spark and after removing the safety guards gently that were supplied with the FLY MORE pack.  The LED cover and LED base removed along with it.

I live in Spain. Can I get a replacement of the attached piece(s).  Cover and base.

2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jacknapier86 Posted at 2017-9-30 04:43

Jack, sorry to hear that, I suggest to contact our Support for further assistance, please provide the picture to them.
2017-10-1
Use props
jacknapier86
New
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-1 18:39
Jack, sorry to hear that, I suggest to contact our Support for further assistance, please provide the picture to them.

Hey Mindy,
There seems to be some confusion.  They are asking that I send it in for a repair.  But I have same issue as Bupitz and just need the two pieces.

Can you please help here?

Ticket number is: 768531
2017-10-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

jacknapier86 Posted at 2017-10-4 01:58
Hey Mindy,
There seems to be some confusion.  They are asking that I send it in for a repair.  But I have same issue as Bupitz and just need the two pieces.

Could you please post some pics of your drone here so we can double check it? Is the part in your Avatar dropped? 1.png
2017-10-4
Use props
Birre
New
Flight distance : 72966 ft
Sweden

Same thing happend here. removed the propguards and the LED-cover came off.
Support was insisting on me sending away the hole drone. Waste of time!
My casnumeber was 673105 and got a new today when i linked to this thred. 774871

Please escalate this matter for me aswell.
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Birre Posted at 2017-10-5 01:00
Same thing happend here. removed the propguards and the LED-cover came off.
Support was insisting on me sending away the hole drone. Waste of time!
My casnumeber was 673105 and got a new today when i linked to this thred. 774871

Sorry for this, just checked the pic which you provided before,  the base and the LED cover has been removed, not only the LED cover, in this case, I am sorry to say that you'll need to send the whole drone in for repair.
2017-10-9
Use props
EnglishmaninNC
New
Flight distance : 23638 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-9 03:17
Sorry for this, just checked the pic which you provided before,  the base and the LED cover has been removed, not only the LED cover, in this case, I am sorry to say that you'll need to send the whole drone in for repair.

Hi all,

I have the same issue.  Came back from a flight and one is missing.  I emailed DJI and was told no parts available in North America, so have to ship it back.    Anyway to escalate this and get the parts shipped also?

My case...
CAS-1080679-T0B9K7

Appreciate what you are doing here! :-)

Richard
2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

EnglishmaninNC Posted at 2017-10-9 09:59
Hi all,

I have the same issue.  Came back from a flight and one is missing.  I emailed DJI and was told no parts available in North America, so have to ship it back.    Anyway to escalate this and get the parts shipped also?

Richard, sorry to hear that, but if there is no LED cover in stock in local facility, I'm afraid the drone will need to be sent in.
2017-10-9
Use props
djiuser_Ieqr0ht
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,
I have exactly the same problem with a brand new Spark. The LED cover on the bottom of one of the Spark's engines was dislodged when removing the prop guard.

Can you help? Im in the UK.
2017-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Ieqr0ht Posted at 2017-10-11 06:40
Hi Mindy,
I have exactly the same problem with a brand new Spark. The LED cover on the bottom of one of the Spark's engines was dislodged when removing the prop guard.

The inventory is different in different repair center, please contact our support to start a ticket and they will help to verify if the LED cover will be shipped out. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-10-11
Use props
djiuser_Ieqr0ht
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Mindy,
I contacted UK support, apparently they do not have the relevant spare part in stock (meaning that my brand new drone would need to be replaced, presumably with a refurbished drone, which is deeply inconvenient as I am due to travel [ideally with my drone]).

This issue appears to be a frequent and recurrent with the Spark Drones (which indicates a flaw in the design of either the Spark or the propeller guards).

Might I suggest changing the design of the prop guards to avoid this issue in future and or including the necessary spare parts with all new spark drones.
2017-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Ieqr0ht Posted at 2017-10-12 00:47
Hi Mindy,
I contacted UK support, apparently they do not have the relevant spare part in stock (meaning that my brand new drone would need to be replaced, presumably with a refurbished drone, which is deeply inconvenient as I am due to travel ).

We understand the inconvenience that has been brought to you, really sorry about it.
You may try to search from other website to see if there is LED cover for sale, or the drone can only be sent in for replacement.
Thanks for your suggestion, will feedback to our engineers to keep improving our products to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-10-12
Use props
doublewood
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64892 ft
Singapore

Bupitz Posted at 2017-8-20 05:27
Same probleme here. When I unmounted the propeller protection I messed the LED cover.
I also emailed the DJI support. Case 697233.
[view_image]

Mindy, I have the same problem as Bupitz. When I removed the propeller guard 2nd time, the LED cover came off.  This drone has never crashed before. Since I still have the covers, I would like to just glue it back. Will glueing the covers back get in the way of repairing or replacing motors later?
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

doublewood Posted at 2017-10-16 16:45
Mindy, I have the same problem as Bupitz. When I removed the propeller guard 2nd time, the LED cover came off.  This drone has never crashed before. Since I still have the covers, I would like to just glue it back. Will glueing the covers back get in the way of repairing or replacing motors later?

We don't suggest to glue it back, it will void warranty.
Can you please press down the cover and attach it firmly? If not, please send email to support@dji.com to see if we can send you a new LED cover.
2017-10-16
Use props
doublewood
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-16 18:20
Can you please press down the cover and attach it firmly? If not, please send email to  to see if we can send you a new LED cover.

Thank you for your speedy response Mindy.
As the cover is attached by tiny pins to the drone frame, and when the propeller guard is removed by twisting action around the LED cap, there is a fair amount of grip by the propeller guards on the LED cap causing the pins to be broken.  It will not stay on the drone frame when I press the cap back.
2017-10-16
Use props
doublewood
lvl.1
Singapore

doublewood Posted at 2017-10-16 20:24
Thank you for your speedy response Mindy.
As the cover is attached by tiny pins to the drone frame, and when the propeller guard is removed by twisting action around the LED cap, there is a fair amount of grip by the propeller guards on the LED cap causing the pins to be broken.  It will not stay on the drone frame when I press the cap back.

Hi MIndy,
I found on another forum, that apparently DJI support recommends even to put 3 small dots of glue on each cap to prevent it from falling off easily. Can you verify this as the info is not from official DJI forum. But as I can see in this forum, many people are losing their LED caps because it is falling off too easily.
Thanks.
john

Quote:

I was afraid to fly the Spark later with the three LED covers lost to video the fireworks. Wanted to verify/check it out in the daytime, but it flew fine I found out later. However, I have a new replacement one, with all LED covers.
I put three very small dots of UV adhesive on the rims of the LED covers as recommended by DJI to prevent them from easily snapping off again.
Unquote
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

doublewood Posted at 2017-10-16 20:44
Hi MIndy,
I found on another forum, that apparently DJI support recommends even to put 3 small dots of glue on each cap to prevent it from falling off easily. Can you verify this as the info is not from official DJI forum. But as I can see in this forum, many people are losing their LED caps because it is falling off too easily.
Thanks.

Officially, we don't suggest to glue the LED cover on.
We received some customers reported that the cover come off, we will keep improving the design and quality of our products. But at present, we suggest to contact our support to see if LED cover can be sent to you.
You have our sincere apologies for the trouble caused.

2017-10-16
Use props
doublewood
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-16 22:42
Officially, we don't suggest to glue the LED cover on.
We received some customers reported that the cover come off, we will keep improving the design and quality of our products. But at present, we suggest to contact our support to see if LED cover can be sent to you.
You have our sincere apologies for the trouble caused.

Thanks Mindy
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are welcome, hope the problem will get addressed soon.
2017-10-16
Use props
fansc8d9a8cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5089 ft
Netherlands

Bupitz Posted at 2017-8-20 05:27
Same probleme here. When I unmounted the propeller protection I messed the LED cover.
I also emailed the DJI support. Case 697233.
[view_image]

Strange exactly the same thing happened here, seems to me a production error / design error

2017-10-24
Use props
fansc8d9a8cc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5089 ft
Netherlands

I unmounted my propeller protection and broke one of the LED covers.  According to all the posts here this must be a production error / design error.

Did not crash the drone.

broken DJI led cover

broken DJI led cover
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc8d9a8cc Posted at 2017-10-24 08:45
I unmounted my propeller protection and broke one of the LED covers.  According to all the posts here this must be a production error / design error.

Did not crash the drone.

Since the whole cover bottom base drops out, I would recommend sending the drone back for repair if you can't mount it back again. Please contact our support for a further help, here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-10-25
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-16 18:20
Can you please press down the cover and attach it firmly? If not, please send email to  to see if we can send you a new LED cover.

Hi Mindy,
I just got my new Spark and absolutely love it. I wanted to add a piece of information if I may, I broke one of my LED covers the first time I attempted to take the prop guards off. I managed to get a new one but I took some time to research what went wrong and found out that I had put the prop guards on wrong. I did not realize at the time the white dot guards matched up with the white circle props. I hope this can help get the word out to new users about the white dot guard matching up with the white circle props, maybe even a note in the box with the prop guards with CAUTION on it. Again, this is a FINE piece of machinery.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jezmo Posted at 2017-10-27 10:38
Hi Mindy,
I just got my new Spark and absolutely love it. I wanted to add a piece of information if I may, I broke one of my LED covers the first time I attempted to take the prop guards off. I managed to get a new one but I took some time to research what went wrong and found out that I had put the prop guards on wrong. I did not realize at the time the white dot guards matched up with the white circle props. I hope this can help get the word out to new users about the white dot guard matching up with the white circle props, maybe even a note in the box with the prop guards with CAUTION on it. Again, this is a FINE piece of machinery.

Jezmo, thanks for your suggestion, the prop guards should be the same with propellers, will feedback your advice to appropriate department.
Hope you have a great time with Spark.
2017-10-27
Use props
fans4fa85710
New
Flight distance : 18947 ft
United States

Jezmo Posted at 2017-10-27 10:38
Hi Mindy,

Sadly, I just learned this about a hour ago the hard way. The prop guards only fit on the front left/back right OR the front right/back left. If you try to remove them after installing incorrectly, you WILL break off the LED base/cover. I broke two of them after carefully trying to remove the prop guards. I never even got to fly my Spark before I broke it this morning!

In hindsight I see the white dots on two of the guards, but that's very obscure and not easy to see. There really should be WARNING label in the bag with the prop guards. I've been really disappointed with poor instructions that DJI provided for this product. Everything is in a tiny little manual with size 5 font.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4fa85710 Posted at 2017-11-11 13:46
Sadly, I just learned this about a hour ago the hard way. The prop guards only fit on the front left/back right OR the front right/back left. If you try to remove them after installing incorrectly, you WILL break off the LED base/cover. I broke two of them after carefully trying to remove the prop guards. I never even got to fly my Spark before I broke it this morning!

In hindsight I see the white dots on two of the guards, but that's very obscure and not easy to see. There really should be WARNING label in the bag with the prop guards. I've been really disappointed with poor instructions that DJI provided for this product. Everything is in a tiny little manual with size 5 font.

We are so sorry for the trouble caused, if the LED cover was removed, please contact our support to verify if there is cover in stock.
If the LED base was cracked, the drone will need to be sent in for repair.
We have forwarded your request to related department to improve our user manual to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-11-11
Use props
djiuser_IShgymW
New

Canada

I have the same issue !
Can someone help me to fix my drone please
thank you
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_IShgymW Posted at 2017-11-20 16:58
I have the same issue !
Can someone help me to fix my drone please
thank you

Does the LED cover get broken or the base got cracked?
Please send email to support@dji.com for further assistance? Thank you.
2017-11-20
Use props
djiuser_btchAFz
New
Flight distance : 14446 ft
Australia

Hi Mindy,
I am having the same issue here. Could you please check if I could get the replacement parts?
Thanks
Ticket number: 843109
2017-11-21
Use props
djiuser_IShgymW
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-20 20:29
Does the LED cover get broken or the base got cracked?
Please send email to  for further assistance? Thank you.

The led cover is broken! while I was removing the propeller guards
2017-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_btchAFz Posted at 2017-11-21 12:26
Hi Mindy,
I am having the same issue here. Could you please check if I could get the replacement parts?
Thanks

Hi there, I saw that you had opened a ticket with our support, they will do a further help in this case. Please kindly wait for the reply, thanks a lot.
2017-11-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules