o(^-^)o
Sparky Ibragimo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7346 ft
Philippines

Phantom 3 Standard Refurbished
July 1, 2017 Bought From DJI Authorized Retail Store in Philippines
5 Flights

I have just noticed that my gimbal is warm and camera is hot after letting my P3S to sit for a while and flying it from 100-68% It was the 2nd time I felt it since the 3rd flight

The Story goes like this:
I left the gimbal lock once when i was transferring files from the camera, it was the second flight since i bought it, i am still newbie with drones so i haven't notice if it is warm since i left the drone for sometime before touching it. Transferring the files, I only power up the UAV and I don't have any forms of warning since I didn't power up the remote. i just noticed it after the transfer was complete and so i immediately power off the drone and then remove the lock then power it again, the gimbal then moves at it was supposed to do, the next day i went out for flying with some light to moderate winds and i noticed some minor vibrations to the video. then after landing it i accidentally touched the gimbal and it was warm to hot, to touch. are those vibrations and heating, the effect of leaving the gimbal lock on once?

the videos prior to the gimbal lock incident was smooth and no vibrations at all, but there was no wind also. and i didn't notice the heat from the camera since i didn't immediately replace the gimbal lock.
My question is that, are there normal? are the vibrations in the video normal for P3S in light to moderate winds? is the heat normal for its gimbal?
2017-7-30
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If you make a transfer from the AC to the PC via USB cable then do not lock the gimbal. It does not like that. The motors and the cam are heating up over normal if it has been locked during powering up.
For the transport you may lock the gimbal.  You must remove the lock if you switch the AC on,with or without RC.  I had nearest 100 flights with my "bird" and the warmest parts are the battery and the flight motors with 35 up to 40 degrees Celcius on 25 degrees air temperature. With that lock you had a gimbal overload.
2017-7-30
Use props
Sparky Ibragimo
lvl.1
Philippines

Peterx Posted at 2017-7-30 10:38
If you make a transfer from the AC to the PC via USB cable then do not lock the gimbal. It does not like that. The motors and the cam are heating up over normal if it has been locked during powering up.
For the transport you may lock the gimbal.  You must remove the lock if you switch the AC on,with or without RC.  I had nearest 100 flights with my "bird" and the warmest parts are the battery and the flight motors with 35 up to 40 degrees Celcius on 25 degrees air temperature. With that lock you had a gimbal overload.

yep, will definitely remember to remove the lock always. another problem i have is that i did a hard landing because of strong winds, it is only about half a meter, and after a moment, i check the drone shake it a bit, and then the camera violently pitch up and down at a frequency of 4 pitches up and down, had to turn off the drone and start it again, and the camera was stable again. does the hard landing contributes to the pitching problem?
2017-7-31
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You may have a look for the parameters in the gimbal menu on the PID´s . May be the hard landing can cause this problem. I´ll look for the gain parameters of my bird an post it here. I hope that will help you.
2017-7-31
Use props
Sparky Ibragimo
lvl.1
Philippines

Peterx Posted at 2017-7-31 13:40
You may have a look for the parameters in the gimbal menu on the PID´s . May be the hard landing can cause this problem. I´ll look for the gain parameters of my bird an post it here. I hope that will help you.

Thank you for that
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules