POLL: What Experience are YOU having after the recent updates?
321544 321544 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video transmission problems keep leading the pack, trending upward toward 50%
Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 10.59.34 AM.png
2017-8-29
Use props
fans6886a40e
New
United States

I now have two completely useless phantom 4 pro drones. One I unboxed yesterday and I get the same error message when trying to use dji software to calibrate and update. I'm loosing business over this. I don't sell photos but I use the drone shots in my real estate advertisements. Ive been grounded for months.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans6886a40e Posted at 2017-9-7 07:38
I now have two completely useless phantom 4 pro drones. One I unboxed yesterday and I get the same error message when trying to use dji software to calibrate and update. I'm loosing business over this. I don't sell photos but I use the drone shots in my real estate advertisements. Ive been grounded for months.

Hi Fans... I'm in the same boat.  Did you add your info to the poll on page one of this thread?
2017-9-7
Use props
fans6886a40e
New
United States

I have two drones I can not fly. Both are phantom 4 pros. One is a year old one is 2 days old. I can't even update the software or calibrate. I'm crying tears of frustration. I've been using drones for 5 years. I was very happy a year ago when I upgraded to dji and I have recommended many people "dont' waste their time with other brands" Now I'm regretting any thing positive I ever said about the company. I can't even find a phone number to call. Now I am going to have to pay a 15% restocking fee at best buy.  Anyone want a 1  year old used phantom 4 pro? I'm in New York state. Totally useless to me since DJI software no longer works.
2017-9-7
Use props
nd34567890
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

Thechadmeister Posted at 2017-8-4 08:36
Thanks for the response, but I ended up calling DJI and it was that I didn't update firmware on controller, I just did the drone. It's working great now.

@Thechadmeister Is this still true (being stable)?  How do you force update just the controller?
2017-9-7
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

Here is my story. After the firmware update it all went smoothly. I saw the new features available to me etc. I flew per normal but I did notice in the app radar my drone was flying almost up-side-down and i wasn't in sports mode. I would also get the wind warning when it wasn't windy at all. After a few flights I noticed the motor sounds were very twitchy. I didn't like this so I downgraded back to the previous firmware and all was resolved. I hope DJI can fix this asap, I know they can. Oh I also had video recordings stop after a short time hitting record to start.
2017-9-7
Use props
mFy8ZJAnyo8K
lvl.2
United States

I am getting severe glitching of the video feed and signal loss at very short distances compared to the advertised range. I have paid work coming up and I am dealing with a dodgy drone right now.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mFy8ZJAnyo8K Posted at 2017-9-7 15:02
I am getting severe glitching of the video feed and signal loss at very short distances compared to the advertised range. I have paid work coming up and I am dealing with a dodgy drone right now.

If you have a gig coming up, buy Litchi for $23 and you will get rid of your video transmission issues.  I bought Litchi because I had a gig, and I don't regret it at all.  Very similar to DJIGO except it actually works.
2017-9-7
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-6 01:06
Well here's my story

P4P+ bought mid June, took 1½ week to get anywhere due to requrement of access to a WIFI connection.

Just a quick question, have you done a IMU Calibration yet?  The IMU system is to keep the drone stable when it hovering. Also have you done the controller calibration yet. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing the P4P calibrations if you are unsure how to perform a calibration.
2017-9-7
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

RMJovo Posted at 2017-9-7 17:35
Just a quick question, have you done a IMU Calibration yet?  The IMU system is to keep the drone stable when it hovering. Also have you done the controller calibration yet. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing the P4P calibrations if you are unsure how to perform a calibration.

Tried everything, only solution to make it behave again is the rollback with the unsupported tool.
2017-9-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Latest update after a run of new posts
Screen Shot 2017-09-08 at 12.56.18 PM.png
2017-9-8
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Since the loss of our first drone, we replaced it with another, after doing the update and stolen more than reason, we found that the application dji-go plant, in fact, the connection with the machine is often broken during the flight, sometimes we can recall the drone with the remote control and sometimes not, there is also the telemetry which is not always, it is not really very reliable as system
2017-9-14
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ok then, with 302 people posting their results, here is an update of the chart...
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 9.55.04 AM.png
2017-9-14
Use props
3exSXNknDvAu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 481939 ft
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-14 05:52
Ok then, with 302 people posting their results, here is an update of the chart...

Since some do NOT have issues after the upgrade, it would be interesting to get a consensus on production dates that are vulnerable to flight-twitch, etc .  i.e. using the SN decoder (http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/) to get batch dates.

Mine is Tuesday, March, 1st 2016
2017-9-14
Use props
Property Pilots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789836 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Well, where to start...
Bouncing unstable flight ..yes and crashed as result!

Video now green and very grainy with noise . Unusable for commercial client work.

Lack of stable control.

P4p+ screen keeps crashing and it's less than ten feet from me.

Gimbal looks left at center.

About a 4 second delay recording video or taking images.

I have recalibrated the forward sensors about six times.

Firmware has been updated as many times and is abnormal and     corrupt...

Any clues people will be very much appreciated.
2017-9-16
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I skimmed through this post as I don't really come here as I don't have issues, but seems like quite a few say Litchi is fixing their issues.  Does this not mean that the App or the pilots phone is the issue rather than firmware?  Agreed, you can ask DJI to fix with firmware, but if Litchi is ok, then surely its not firmware, or am I missing something?  If most people use unsupported devices (I do), then DJI may not be able to help you and another App may be your answer if it runs on your device ok.  I recall that Litchi is not free though.
2017-9-16
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-9-16 16:12
So I skimmed through this post as I don't really come here as I don't have issues, but seems like quite a few say Litchi is fixing their issues.  Does this not mean that the App or the pilots phone is the issue rather than firmware?  Agreed, you can ask DJI to fix with firmware, but if Litchi is ok, then surely its not firmware, or am I missing something?  If most people use unsupported devices (I do), then DJI may not be able to help you and another App may be your answer if it runs on your device ok.  I recall that Litchi is not free though.

Hi homepoint,

The update issues are many, some are contained in DJIGO4 and some are in the firmware.
2017-9-16
Use props
Super Gus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222434 ft
United States

3exSXNknDvAu Posted at 2017-9-14 08:29
Since some do NOT have issues after the upgrade, it would be interesting to get a consensus on production dates that are vulnerable to flight-twitch, etc .  i.e. using the SN decoder (http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com/) to get batch dates.

Mine is Tuesday, March, 1st 2016

Monday, February, 27th 2017 ~ I am experiencing same issue with the gimbal, freezes at 50% during calibration. Can you please send me the beta firmware update for the P4P
2017-9-17
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

Jason Grubb Posted at 2017-8-4 03:10
Did the upgrade as advised by DJI I now have serious flight twitching and basically an un flyable expensive lump of white  plastic due to twitching in flight. I'm still under warranty just wondering if I head to Maplinsto try my luck to get my money back.....purchased this expensive camera for a holiday trip and now unable to use while on holiday. It's in the boot of the car. Love DJI NOT. TIME TO START ASKING FOR REFUNDS

Im in the same boat. Cant stand that all was well prior to the updates installed. Now, I don't fly it beyond a few feet and consider the twitching and motor noises as hazardous. Very upset about this.
2017-9-18
Use props
C.Degan
lvl.1
United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-6 01:06
Well here's my story

P4P+ bought mid June, took 1½ week to get anywhere due to requrement of access to a WIFI connection.

Same issues for the most part. Not sure what to do.
2017-9-18
Use props
pbxcomm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58182 ft
United States

I only updated the RC NOT the AC - Phantom 4 Pro Plus.. Seems all is ok after about two hours flight time.
2017-9-18
Use props
Bazza.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57726 ft
United Kingdom

I get wireless interference warnings all the time. Even when in open spaces with no phones on.....
2017-9-18
Use props
djiuser_ULV1Vdr
lvl.1
United States

It appears to me that recent firmware upgrades have failed, however the ones that have not required a comprehensive post knowledge on the AC and RC to get them stabilized. I read a few posts that Gimbal settings, stick settings etc.. where adjusted. I, for one, looked at these settings and seemed like a place I wouldn't go unless I really knew what I was doing or had formal training. Perhaps that is the answer to getting past these firmware updates is formal training/cause and affect? There maybe simple fixes to these post update issues and we (the common people) are overlooking them.
I personally would like to know more information on success of updating. What firmware did they have prior to the update? What was the EXACT procedure followed and was it different than DJI's manual? Is there a step
we missed? Should the communication be USB 2 or 3? What O/S are they using? Did they all use Assistant 2? There must be a common denominator..
2017-9-19
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well then... we have spiked up to 328 poll posters in this thread.  Here are the latest percentages...
Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 3.40.59 PM.png
2017-9-20
Use props
cleamon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 135564 ft
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-20 11:44
Well then... we have spiked up to 328 poll posters in this thread.  Here are the latest percentages...

Wow!  After reading this post, I've just about decided not to buy a new quad. I have a 46% chance of video transmission problem, a 39% chance of bucking/unstable flight, 25% chance of gimbal issues, 19% chance of video recording stops, and more.  Sounds like the odds are stacked against me with a new drone. I just want to fly and record some video.
My last quad cost under $200, flew right out of the box (after charging), never had a single issue for over a year!  Of course, the video sucked, but at least it was in the air more than on the bench.
2017-9-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cleamon Posted at 2017-9-24 09:45
Wow!  After reading this post, I've just about decided not to buy a new quad. I have a 46% chance of video transmission problem, a 39% chance of bucking/unstable flight, 25% chance of gimbal issues, 19% chance of video recording stops, and more.  Sounds like the odds are stacked against me with a new drone. I just want to fly and record some video.
My last quad cost under $200, flew right out of the box (after charging), never had a single issue for over a year!  Of course, the video sucked, but at least it was in the air more than on the bench.

Hi Cleamon, well, yep, there are some problems with the most recent software and firmware update that has caused all of these problems.

Hopefully DJI is readying the fix for all of this.  

Don't walk away from upgrading to a new and more professional drone.  This is a weird situation with the P4 and buggy software, but I still believe that DJI can work this out
2017-9-24
Use props
cleamon
lvl.4
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-24 14:09
Hi Cleamon, well, yep, there are some problems with the most recent software and firmware update that has caused all of these problems.

Hopefully DJI is readying the fix for all of this.  

I certainly hope so, 'cuz I'm jonesing for a new drone!   Still on the fence whether that's a Mavic or P4Adv or P4P.  What's the likelihood that a new one will come with this buggy firmware?
2017-9-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

cleamon Posted at 2017-9-24 15:25
I certainly hope so, 'cuz I'm jonesing for a new drone!   Still on the fence whether that's a Mavic or P4Adv or P4P.  What's the likelihood that a new one will come with this buggy firmware?

Keep in mind that there are plenty of people who have experienced little or no troubles with the firmware/software.  Probably more that have not had problems than those who have had problems.

We mainly see the people who are having issues in the forum....  people don't usually visit just to say how great everything is..

The odds are pretty good that whatever you buy, it will work fine right out of the box.  We all have stories of how things didn't work well, but I pretty much guarantee you that for every one of our complaints, there are dozens or hundreds (or thousands?) of success stories.  Otherwise DJI would be in bankruptcy at this point.
2017-9-25
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think you need to add:
"there is no way in hell i m upgrading at this point. i m staying on older Firmware"
2017-9-25
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

cleamon Posted at 2017-9-24 15:25
I certainly hope so, 'cuz I'm jonesing for a new drone!   Still on the fence whether that's a Mavic or P4Adv or P4P.  What's the likelihood that a new one will come with this buggy firmware?

I just got P4p and very happy with it . I don't fly every day but I do try to get out at least on the weekend. I'm not a spokesperson for Dji but if you go with the P4p I think you will be satisfied to.

Just fly safe I don't let it out of my site if it looks like I'm having problems it's on the ground.
                                                                           GOOD LUCK
2017-10-5
Use props
cleamon
lvl.4
United States

darrell2 Posted at 2017-10-5 02:29
I just got P4p and very happy with it . I don't fly every day but I do try to get out at least on the weekend. I'm not a spokesperson for Dji but if you go with the P4p I think you will be satisfied to.

Just fly safe I don't let it out of my site if it looks like I'm having problems it's on the ground.

Thanks darrell2.  I've decided on the P4 Advanced since it's a better price point and I don't really need the extra sensors (back and sides) that the Pro version has.
2017-10-5
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

darell2, you are lucky not having issue with your P4P. But many are not. P4 or P4P are no different. Some of them have issue with some version of firmware. You can see by browsing this forum. DJI will be less complained if they allow us to rollback to the version that we want as in the old day. It is just that. I still cannot understand why they stop us from doing the rollback. Even Apple and Google allow us to goback to the previous version, Apple for a limited time, Google no limit. Leaving us stay with the problem for very long time we will go to other brand in the end and tell the truth about our bad experience to those who ask for recommendation.
2017-10-5
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

Well like I said I keep it in sight I'm not one for flying by my video cam just in case there is a problem. But I have had some video loss and some bucking around. 1 time on video loss and 1 time on the bucking. Backed it up to factory settings and redid the firmware and seems okay. Next thing is to get insurance and then I will get a little braver.
2017-10-5
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

RE: POLL: What Experience are YOU having after the recent updates?

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-9-25 03:48
Keep in mind that there are plenty of people who have experienced little or no troubles with the firmware/software.  Probably more that have not had problems than those who have had problems.

We mainly see the people who are having issues in the forum....  people don't usually visit just to say how great everything is..

Everything is great.
2017-10-5
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Just curious why your graph is not showing responses for options #11 & 12? Has nobody selected these inputs?
2017-10-5
Use props
fans589cba4b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

the triangle icon on the small screen is never in center and I cant see the return line.
2017-10-5
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is Litchi a replacement app for DJI GO 4?
2017-10-7
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-10-7 04:53
Is Litchi a replacement app for DJI GO 4?

Litchi works where DJIGO doesn't.  Litchi is a great app.  I have used it quite a bit when DJI would otherwise ground me, crash, or overheat my iPad.  It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but I think it is a necessary app to own for professional work.  If for no other reason, DJI has a history of releasing software that really, truly screws its users from time to time, and it is good to have a backup that works.
2017-10-8
Use props
fans500c0a45
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47333 ft

United Kingdom

1 I’ve had issues with the gimbal cocking to one side when shooting in 4 k and loss of video feed when it happens

2 Also strong wind warnings comes up even when it a calm day  

3 but worst of all I am not sure if this is a firmware issue  or craft but  I took the quad up and about 15 seconds within the flight my green flashing lights turned red , the quad drifted away there was no control response no matter what I did with the sticks it was twitching all over the place and ended up at the bottom of a very large pond next to my flying club, this all happened within a one min flight , after about 1 hour I managed to get the quad back on dry land, I took the battery out then took  it home and stripped it down washed it inside with warm water hopefully to try and save some of the electronics, it’s now in the drying out stage so don’t know the outcome,.

I’m not sure if I have done the right thing by stripping it down to get to all the printed circuit boards etc as the quad is still under warranty. I have looked at the flight  record and there was a problem with the imu and then a compass error then I assume when it hit the water there was a gimbal error

The phantom never moved much from the take off spot , it does not show the drifting away towards the pond or any side to side twitching, I can only assume that’s because of the compass error so it lost the gps.

Any advise welcome I’m hoping dji will carry out the repairs or replace it for me

2017-11-5
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

fans500c0a45 Posted at 2017-11-5 17:56
1 I’ve had issues with the gimbal cocking to one side when shooting in 4 k and loss of video feed when it happens

2 Also strong wind warnings comes up even when it a calm day  

I am not picking up anything out of the ordinary
but iv only had 6 flights over the weekend & I am
still trying to get to grips with the p4a
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules