Flight Records: Data Encryption Method
1660 2 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7fabde5b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30817 ft
United States

I used to go to Healthy Drone to get my flight record files converted but they changed their name and started charging for the service. I looked for others but they all want money and I’d rather just do it myself. So, is the Encryption method and the data format used by DJI Go proprietary and a closely guarded secret or is it open source with freely available documentation and if not; why? What reason does DJI offer for disrespecting us by standing between a customer and HIS data?   

2017-7-30
Use props
fans7fabde5b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30817 ft
United States

I can't find the Edit/Delete button. So nevermind the question.
2017-7-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The delete button is there, just that you don't get one if you are using a mobile to view this forum. The flight data is there, and you can view it via the DJI Go app on your phone or tablet. But DJI do regard it as their property, because the main reason for its existence is to help them work out what happened in an incident when the customer is claiming warranty.

The encryption is not public and it won't be made public. As for Healthy Drones, no-one who wants a good translation of their flight data uses them, the better version is that provided for free by Phantomhelp: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules