18708 44 2015-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

marksglide-sp Posted at 2016-6-27 10:07
I setup and flew directly under a power pole this evening. Shortly after take off I got a battery da ...

Nope. You have some other issue with your battery or it's an app bug.

Despite the dire warnings you may hear from people, our craft are perfectly capable of operating safely in the vicinity of power lines. Many operators use them for power infrastructure inspections.

I have flown in proximity to 225,000V transmission lines with zero errors or impact to flight behaviour.

F
2016-6-26
Use props
Data Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300646 ft
Australia

TagTracking Posted at 2015-4-19 19:36
To add to this discution, I bought the I1 to do cell tower/ radio tower inspections. Fly upclose to them to inspect coax lines and antennas all this while the site is powered and never had an issue... So far

Hi,

Could you please give me some tips on how to do a cell tower inspection with the Inspire pro?  I'll be using the 45mm lens.  

I'm just concerned about RF interference and maybe some other things I don't know about.

Thank you.
2017-4-24
Use props
Suncruiser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77195 ft

lynxskyshots Posted at 2015-3-24 19:16
We are shooting a power line improvement project right now, and I have been flying over, under, through, you name it and my bird is just fine.  These are 500kv main transmission lines and I have experienced no problems.  Don't believe everything you read here!

Those are impressive shots so close to high tension lines.  It is clear from this that you experienced no navigational issues.  I am very new to the Mavic Air and I am experiencing EM interference messages every time I fly in a field that has little more than a dozen pieces of rebar sticking out of the ground and a sign post at one end of the field.  These have caused me to have video interruption twice.  Why am I seeing this and you clearly are not?
2018-5-19
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>

What about flying within 200 feet of a power station? On the shores of a river I plan to fly there is an Urban power station, probably supplies and disfributes to a very high concentration of buildings in a downtown area, Any possibility of interference at that distance?
2018-5-19
Use props
Riche Rifkind
lvl.2

Brazil

Hiya, I'm considering getting 1st ever Drone  Dji of course. Where I live   there care many power lines etc. If I found a  good gap would I get interference, don't want to loose it. I'd be mainly doing simple  photography of surrounding hills especially when good sunsets etc. Will be using controller and going straight up and down mostly. Thnx
2018-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules