Warning to new Spark Owners - Color Does Matter!
1352 2 2017-7-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_88rmwik
New
United States

I am new to drones and have learned a lot from this forum and others.  So I thought I would "give back" on a topic that most people wouldn't even consider.

If you have any friends buying a Spark, and they are Red-Green-Brown color blind,  tell them not to go for the red!  In my life (aside from annoyance) color blindness has only been a disability when working with resistors (they are color coded).  But now, when my spark is in front of a tree, I can't see it!  

I was in this position today. I knew it was near the tree, but I couldn't see where.  It turns out it was a little above the tree.  I hit RTH and it dropped into the tree and fell 50 feet or so.  But it was kind of like in Avatar where they fall from leaf to leaf.  It landed on a pile of dead leaves. Not a scratch!  The battery did fall out.

Nothing I could have done, my yard is surrounded by trees.  I'm going to put some stickers on it or spray paint some part. Not complaining, I like the option of choosing a color, but I bet no one at DJI had thought of this.  Probably need a software button "push if color blind"

2017-7-30
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

good insite.   but i dont think a button would help.. i do think however that the spark needs a smart return to home to avoid trees and stuff on its journey like other DJi drones.

however i suggest for you to buy a skin or plasti dip your spark a different color so you can more easily locate it as it flies..
2017-7-30
Use props
PandaFlyingcat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2014111 ft
Hong Kong

ill print a 3D plastic sign which say: "YOUR SPARK IS HERE BUDDY!"

easy to click on the motor arms!

jokes aside. good point. did you ever heard of enchroma glasses? if not,google it. wear them. start cry because you see the world like a rainbow, go fly. thank me later
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules