4857 71 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46831 ft
Mexico

ToonTonic Posted at 2017-8-7 16:12
Keep us updated, interested to see where this goes.

Sorry for your loss

I'm just hoping I don't get a response like in this case:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-103430-1-1.html
2017-8-7
Use props
ToonTonic
New
Flight distance : 47359 ft
United Kingdom

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-7 16:29
I'm just hoping I don't get a response like in this case:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-103430-1-1.html

Ha ha yeah very true, that is disgusting from DJI
2017-8-8
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

UPDATE:

I received a new email today from DJI Support:

Thank you for providing necessary information.

This will be forwarded to the respective department that will perform data analysis and investigation this may take
some time so we might as well wait for any updates. We hope for your patience.

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM(PST)

Thank you for understanding and cooperation. Have a great day!

Regards,
Gerald
DJI Support"

At least there's a phone number to follow-up if they take a while.
2017-8-9
Use props
fansf18feb6a
New

United States

The same thing happened to me and I reach out to DJI. The bottom line good luck with that, I sent my flight records in and they haven't and will not do a thing.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansf18feb6a
New

United States

Dear Customer,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We also want to figure out that reason why this happened, why the aircraft didn't RTH, and what happened afterwards. However the cause was not recorded in the flight file. It is not the engineers are incapable or we are unwilling to, but we could not verify what happened with the insufficient data and records.

There are many possibilities will lead to the interruption of the flight record. For example, if there was obstacles or interference, disconnection may happen, but that doesn’t indicate the aircraft itself malfunctioned. However with the interruption of the record, we do couldn't figure out the cause in this case, and please be noted that there was no malfunction found before the record was cut off.

We truly appreciate your support, and we are terribly sorry for your loss. If we could help to get higher discount, there is no reason why I don’t do that for you. But I couldn't get it based on the analysis result.

Please consider if you need the 30% off offer and get back to us in a month if you would like to accept it. Thanks.

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。
2017-8-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Ask them to explain the Forced Landing events in the flight log.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansf18feb6a
New

United States

I When I press the RTH the aircraft was to come back but it didn't. I didn't do anything wrong and with that said it seems to me that the aircraft acted in a abnormal way. This is not fair and I don't want your 30% discount off. But what I am going to do is  inform as many people that I know not to purchase from DJI because they will try to find away not to recognize the error with there aircrafts I am going to post my flight logs for people to see, I am a videographer and I used your aircraft for many events and I am just flat out disappointed. So with that being said you have a great day.

Thanks
2017-8-10
Use props
fansf18feb6a
New

United States

When I press the RTH the aircraft was to come back but it didn't. I didn't do anything wrong and with that said it seems to me that the aircraft acted in a abnormal way. This is not fair and I don't want your 30% discount off. But what I am going to do is  inform as many people that I know not to purchase from DJI because they will try to find away not to recognize the error with there aircrafts I am going to post my flight logs for people to see, I am a videographer and I used your aircraft for many events and I am just flat out disappointed. So with that being said you have a great day.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansf18feb6a
New

United States

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-781429-S8S0S9, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked at P-GPS mode, and responded to pilot command well;
2. T=10:25, h=108 m, d=1489.9 m, the record ended when the pilot pushed elevator stick forward and pushed aileron stick left;
3. The home point:39.9425415 -75.1412801; the last point: 39.9398663 -75.1241800.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI, and especially applied for a 30% off coupon for aircraft without charger and remote:
2017-8-10
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

fansf18feb6a Posted at 2017-8-10 07:44

For your claimed case CAS-781429-S8S0S9, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

It's strange that they would offer a 30% discount if they are not admitting fault. Does that imply that they are 30% sure that it was a malfunction of their product?
2017-8-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-10 14:21
It's strange that they would offer a 30% discount if they are not admitting fault. Does that imply that they are 30% sure that it was a malfunction of their product?

They're trying to keep their customer happy by offering a replacement at or near cost, it's not such a strange-seeming move or business decision to me.
2017-8-10
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

UPDATE:

Great news. I just received this response from DJI Support:

For the unfortunate incident happened to your drone, we have confirmed it as a warranty case according to our analysis. We would like to offer you a 100% off coupon code for Mavic Pro without charger and remote, then you can place an order for it from DJI online store.

----------If the model is incorrect, please let us know.
----------Sorry that it is not available to apply the value of the discount to any other model other than the original model, or to credit the value to your account.

For us to get the coupon code ready, please kindly help to offer us below:

1. The serial number on the remote. You can send also us a clear picture to show the serial number;
2. The proof of purchase for the aircraft;
3. The country/region in which you purchased it.

Please reply this email directly so that we will handle it in time. Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Evelyn
DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/

I hate to rub it in the face of people who weren't so fortunate, but they are offering a 100% discount on a Mavic Pro due to the forced landing over water. They didn't, however, include the analysis or what they found. I'm curious to see what it says because in similiar cases, they have stated it.

I am providing the requested info. for them now. The serial number on the remote has faded somewhat in just a couple of months. Has anyone else had that issue? I think I can make it out well enough but the last digits are a challenge.

2017-8-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-13 12:12
UPDATE:

Great news. I just received this response from DJI Support:

Awesome news, glad you're being taken care of. Hope you ask about the analysis and hear back, because I'm sure we're all curious, too!
2017-8-13
Use props
RCkable5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427684 ft
United States

Just jumping on here because this issue has happened to me recently. Thankfully, DroneFlying pointed me to this thread. I'm glad they are replacing your drone 100%.  I did end up calibrating the sensors through DJI Assistant 2, the compass, the controller as well.  I only was able to fly straight up to video some clouds since doing so, but I didn't have any issues with it hovering at 370'.  
2017-8-13
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

Well, this story just took a big turn.

Today, 15 days after my Mavic went down, a friend who was with me at the beach where it was lost wrote me to say that a friend had found a drone in the sea nearby and sent me a picture of it. Sure enough, it was my baby.

I haven't gotten it from them yet, but I hope my memory card is still good and contains its final moments or at least the first 10 minutes. I will share it here if and when I recover it.
2017-8-14
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-14 19:34
Well, this story just took a big turn.

Today, 15 days after my Mavic went down, a friend who was with me at the beach where it was lost wrote me to say that a friend had found a drone in the sea nearby and sent me a picture of it. Sure enough, it was my baby.

That thing is beat to hell. How did they find it? Did it wash up on shore or something?
2017-8-14
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-14 19:50
That thing is beat to hell. How did they find it? Did it wash up on shore or something?

They said it was on the sea floor between some corals. Probably close to where it landed.
2017-8-14
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

UPDATE:

Huge plot twist. Take a look at this response I received just now from DJI Support:

Thanks for your cooperation.

For this case, it was a ultrasound issue with the aircraft that lead to this incident, and there was no pilot error found. You do not have to stay away from the area, and there was no  abnormality found with your remote controller as well.

However according to the flight record and the information you send, the version of the aircraft was China, and the serial number of your remote also didn't match the number of the aircraft. It was not the original remote with the aircraft.

As we don't have international warranty service and for the version of your aircraft, the coupon was only can be used in China. If you are not in that country now, you can choose to send the aircraft to your friends there.

For this situation, please contact the seller for further help, because it was a severe problem that the seller sold the aircraft in improper country/region, even the remote controller was not the original one matched with the aircraft. And we could only offer the 100% off coupon code for China because we have to obey our after-sale service policy, which might bring great inconvenience to you.

Sorry I didn't make it clear in last email, that please be noted that we could not offer any discount or replacement when the serial number of the aircraft and the remote didn't match. Please do contact the seller for the reason and further investigation about this issue.

If you have friend in China and would like to accept the offer, or the seller can help with this issue, please let us know. We will wait for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Evelyn
DJI Tech Support
That is a lot to digest, and now I'm really confused because I bought it from Amazon in the US. I don't know anyone in China to send it to. I'm wondering if the unclear serial number on the remote is the reason for this. I sent them a picture as well as what I could make out from it as it is a bit faded only two months in.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on with a response like this?

2017-8-15
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

UPDATE:

I just received a second, similar email from DJI:

Thanks for your cooperation.

However according to the flight record and the information you send, the version of the aircraft was China, and the serial number of your remote also didn't match the number of the aircraft. It was not the original remote with the aircraft.

As we don't have international warranty service and for the version of your aircraft, the coupon was only can be used in China. If you are not in that country now, you can choose to send the aircraft to your friends there.

For this situation, please contact the seller for further help, because it was a severe problem that the seller sold the aircraft in improper country/region, even the remote controller was not the original one matched with the aircraft. And we could only offer the 100% off coupon code for China because we have to obey our after-sale service policy, which might bring great inconvenience to you.

When it comes to the cause of the incident, it was a ultrasound issue with the aircraft that lead to this incident, and there was no pilot error found. You do not have to stay away from the area, and there was no  abnormality found with your remote controller as well.

If you have friend in China and would like to accept the offer, please let us know.  We will wait for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Evelyn
DJI Tech Support

2017-8-15
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
Turkey

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-15 01:18
UPDATE:

Huge plot twist. Take a look at this response I received just now from DJI Support:

Did you get it from Amazon or a 3rd party seller on Amazon?
If latter is the case, most likely they are buying and selling chinese version mavic pros and selling in US for profit.

Sorry for your loss.
2017-8-15
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

sevimli Posted at 2017-8-15 01:34
Did you get it from Amazon or a 3rd party seller on Amazon?
If latter is the case, most likely they are buying and selling chinese version mavic pros and selling in US for profit.

No, this was directly from Amazon. Specifically this item:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sold by Amazon, delivered by Amazon Prime to an Amazon Locker.

From this catalog, using DJI's official marketing and logos:

https://www.amazon.com/DJI/b/ref ... ands_browse-bin=DJI
2017-8-15
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

UPDATE:

This just keeps getting crazier by the hour.

I just got in touch with Amazon support, who confirms that the Mavic was sold and sent by Amazon directly, and even though it has been well over their 60 day return window and product return window, they are willing to accept the return and even reimburse the shipping costs. Thank god someone found it yesterday (I still have to meet this person and get it from them). However, they do say that the bundle I purchased is no longer sold by Amazon and only fulfilled by then which means it's a third-party item.

Do I try to deal with DJI or do I accept potentially a third-party seller giving me a new (or refurbished?) Mavic?
2017-8-15
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
Turkey

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-15 02:20
UPDATE:

i guess you meant the fly more bundle? If so it is available right now from Amazon.com for $1299.00 (you need to check from the list on the right hand side).

That is great news that Amazon is also helping you out.

2017-8-15
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

sevimli Posted at 2017-8-15 02:59
i guess you meant the fly more bundle? If so it is available right now from Amazon.com for $1299.00 (you need to check from the list on the right hand side).

That is great news that Amazon is also helping you out.

The name of the bundle I got was "DJI Mavic Pro Bundle with Shoulder Bag, Props, Car Charger and 2 Extra Batteries"
2017-8-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-15 02:20
UPDATE:

Do I try to deal with DJI or do I accept potentially a third-party seller giving me a new (or refurbished?) Mavic?

The link you provided earlier is definitely for a third-party seller (DigitalAndMore). Even so, I'd probably be inclined to do a return / exchange instead of getting a warranty replacement from DJI. In the best of circumstances the DJI process would probably take longer, and given the apparent confusion over the system's country of origin it's not clear how it would turn out in this case if you tried.

Also, if you did get a warranty replacement from DJI it would almost certainly be a refurbished Mavic, but even from a third-party Amazon vendor I'd expect to get a brand new system if I returned one they'd sent me that had been new but defective. The bottom line here is that if you have both options you should go with the replacement from the Amazon vendor you bought it from.

2017-8-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Were you by chance flying near the bermuda triangle???
2017-8-15
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-8-15 03:58

The link you provided earlier is definitely for a third-party seller (DigitalAndMore). Even so, I'd probably be inclined to do a return / exchange instead of getting a warranty replacement from DJI. In the best of circumstances the DJI process would probably take longer, and given the apparent confusion over the system's country of origin it's not clear how it would turn out in this case if you tried.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I specifically ordered only a bundle that was sold by Amazon directly, and they are confirming this, but saying that they now no longer sell it, only fulfill it from other vendors. I can only guess that could be because this has happened before.
This was Amazon's response:

Harvey: I do see that this item is sold by Amazon and this means that it's been vetted and shouldn't be an unauthorized product though. I'd understand if it was a seller item. However I'm sorry about this though. I do also see that this item is no longer sold by Amazon and rather by a seller and fulfilled by Amazon. What I can do is create an exception for you to return the item. There might be some initial return shipping charges. Once the refund is processed we can then refund the return shipping
2017-8-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-15 11:57
Thanks for the suggestions.

I specifically ordered only a bundle that was sold by Amazon directly, and they are confirming this, but saying that they now no longer sell it, only fulfill it from other vendors. I can only guess that could be because this has happened before.

Such craziness. I would def return for the refund (I can't believe they're offering a refund) and then repurchase from a certified dealer.

So the problem was in the ultrasonic module, as we expected. Interesting that they said the area would be safe to fly in with your replacement, I'm guessing they are making an assumption that the ultrasonic module was faulty rather than fooled by environmental conditions?

Maybe you can get the data off the dedicated internal storage before returning the AC, though I believe it's soldered in and likely won't work without being powered-on.
2017-8-15
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

I think that's the best option, although in my particular case it's going to end up costing me a lot more to have a new one shipped to Mexico or Canada. Customs fees/shipping/etc.

I happened to buy this one in the US when I was visiting for a week. The exchange rate has changed a lot in the last few months and not in my favor. The refund will be about 8-10% less than what I paid at the time. I'll bite the bullet and view it as my rental fee for the time I had with the Mavic.
2017-8-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered this exact same bundle from Amazon last week and received it on Sunday.  I wonder if my Mavic is legit.  Oddly enough it was manufactured on the exact same day as my Spark.
2017-8-15
Use props
Dubwilcox
lvl.2
Mexico

UPDATE:

Once again, a turnaround from a previous resolution from DJI Support. I just received this email:

"Thanks for getting back to us.

We are terribly sorry for the trouble to you, because I had review the serial number you provide and the serial number recorded in the flight record, and the version was the United States.

Thanks for your confirmation and cooperation!

We will send you the 100% off coupon code which can be used in the United States in 3 working days. Then you can place an order with it on DJI online store.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day.

Best Regards,

Evelyn
DJI Tech Support
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Dubwilcox Posted at 2017-8-20 23:22
UPDATE:

Once again, a turnaround from a previous resolution from DJI Support. I just received this email:

Thank you for your update, we are pleased to hear it turns out to be great. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules