New Firmware for Phantom 4( It must be a joke)
3113 30 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

After all this time without a response from DJI about the New Firmware
I decided to do a Downgrade (v01.02.0602)
But to be honest I did not like it either!
Flies well but has other problems that I personally will not like (But that is another story)
So I decided to upgrade back to the version (02.00.0106)
That's when I noticed that!

P4.jpg

if you are not satisfied with this update,you can revert to older firmware using DJI Assistant 2
So I ask the following question
Is DJI playing with us or what?

2017-7-31
Use props
Trump
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Ummmm Yeah
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like they've not updated their notes yet, the option to roll back disappeared about the end of February. So there really should be no reason that note is still there. Very careless of DJI.
2017-7-31
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

There not playing, they just dont care. If they have to lie to us to get us to update then they will. The only reason I went ahead with the update was because of that message. Ive never seen a company do business this way. Its not their first lie and it wont be their last. They do this a lot.
2017-7-31
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.2
United States

Agreed, it was the only reason I updated.
2017-7-31
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Agreed too, was the only reason I updated. Is not our problem if they didn't update their notes.
Sorry Aardvark, I like your comments on this forum, but please there is no excuse, DJI simply lied to us.
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wangrincreation Posted at 2017-7-31 09:53
Agreed too, was the only reason I updated. Is not our problem if they didn't update their notes.
Sorry Aardvark, I like your comments on this forum, but please there is no excuse, DJI simply lied to us.

"Sorry Aardvark, I like your comments on this forum, but please there is no excuse, DJI simply lied to us."

What I was implying was that removing the option to roll back was historic, and not specifically related to this latest update. So if they were 'economical' with the truth then it applied to the previous build and not this one

It would have been obvious to any using DJI Assistant 2 to do the upgrade that no roll back version was available, noticeable by its absence on the Assistant 2 firmware list.
2017-7-31
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-31 10:15
"Sorry Aardvark, I like your comments on this forum, but please there is no excuse, DJI simply lied to us."

What I was implying was that removing the option to roll back was historic, and not specifically related to this latest update. So if they were 'economical' with the truth then it applied to the previous build and not this one

This was the first time I ever updated my p4. When it said I could roll it back I had no reason not to believe them. Like I said, ive never seen a company straight lie to their customers. Either way, they know its they're now but it still says you can rollback. That my friend can be explained no other way than there lying. It was a mistake on day 1, its a lie on day 30.
2017-7-31
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

To finish I just wanted to leave this comment!I did not buy a Syma X5C
I bought Phantom 4
The best semi-prefessional drone there was at that time! We all know that DJI is years ahead of the competition
A company like DJI should have solved this problem already!
Otherwise DJI risks losing something more important than money
OUR TRUST

2017-8-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-7-31 10:15

Aloha Aardvark,

Could this be an Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2 question?  Also, can the firmware be rolled back with the RC 3 lines upper right corner?  The new Assistant 2 came out June 19.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-1 00:21
Aloha Aardvark,

Could this be an Assistant 2 v1.1.2-2 question?  Also, can the firmware be rolled back with the RC 3 lines upper right corner?  The new Assistant 2 came out June 19.

I've just done a quick check, my RC could be rolled back (if I chose) using the 'three lines' method in DJI Go 4 to V1.8.0, V1.6.0 or V1.5.80 that's from its current V1.9.2.
However the option to roll back (or perhaps update as well) seems to have been removed as aircraft and version cannot now be seen using this method.

One thing I have noticed is that when leg sitting near metal, it brings up 'compass error' (Okay nothing new here), But it does then offer up compass calibration in 'Aircraft Status' menu; which perhaps might mislead some to calibrate their compass unnecessarily.

Interesting bit is that it produces a Notification on screen:-

"Compass error. Exit P-GPS Mode. Ensure that there are no magnets or metal objects near compass.
Note: The ground or walls may contain metal. Change your location and try again"

Using DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.2-2 (AND Logged into my account on Assistant 2).

I can only see current firmware version 02.00.0106 which for me is working well that I am aware of barring the 4k glitch where recording stops intermittently and gimbal does a reset, leaving me without FPV for a few seconds or so.
2017-8-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-1 01:31
I've just done a quick check, my RC could be rolled back (if I chose) using the 'three lines' method in DJI Go 4 to V1.8.0, V1.6.0 or V1.5.80 that's from its current V1.9.2.
However the option to roll back (or perhaps update as well) seems to have been removed as aircraft and version cannot now be seen using this method.

Aloha Aardvark,

That is progress!  Now we need to figure out a way to roll back the AC firmware using DJI methods.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-1 02:01
Aloha Aardvark,

That is progress!  Now we need to figure out a way to roll back the AC firmware using DJI methods.

I don't think it's possible at all, the firmware presented to us is what they make available on their servers I believe. The rollback option disappeared overnight for me back in February/March as far as I remember, that was without any changes to firmware or App'.
2017-8-1
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-1 02:12
I don't think it's possible at all, the firmware presented to us is what they make available on their servers I believe. The rollback option disappeared overnight for me back in February/March as far as I remember, that was without any changes to firmware or App'.

Aloha Aardvark,

The new Assistant 2 came out on June 19.  It does not have a roll-back option.  My last update showed two or three roll-back options but I was not concerned at that point.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-1
Use props
Doormanpgd
New

United Kingdom

I'm new too this forum, I got my P4 in January, and had endless pleasure up too doing the new firmware, I flew my P4 today, oblivious too the warning my IMU needed calibrating, I nearly lost it to the sea, but managed to get it home, now Ive gone back too factory settings, and re downloaded firmware, but when I try too calibrate the IMU, each time I get three quarters through level 1 the drone symbol tips over 45* and calibration crashes, what can I do please?
2017-8-1
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

Doormanpgd Posted at 2017-8-1 13:10
I'm new too this forum, I got my P4 in January, and had endless pleasure up too doing the new firmware, I flew my P4 today, oblivious too the warning my IMU needed calibrating, I nearly lost it to the sea, but managed to get it home, now Ive gone back too factory settings, and re downloaded firmware, but when I try too calibrate the IMU, each time I get three quarters through level 1 the drone symbol tips over 45* and calibration crashes, what can I do please?

As far as I know, no one has complained about the calibration after the new update.
Update the FW again!
Then try to calibrate
This may solve your problem (MAYBE!)
2017-8-2
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI didn't lie to us about being able to roll back the update.  They just forgot to remove the note.  The non-removal of that note is a problem, a bad mistake, but to say they lied to us purposely is a bit conspiracy theory.  

I can't tell you how many times I have been programming an application I wrote and missed updating a dialog window.  The larger the company (and the more complex the software), the easier this kind of mistake is to make since different groups handle different parts of the code.  I saw this kind of thing happen at Apple all the time, not because anyone was lying, but because the fast pace of development often conflicts with the amount time required to do a perfect job.

A great example was that once the Quicktime Team (at Apple) hurredly rolled out an update of Quicktime that completely killed Final Cut Pro.  Literally killed it.  The QT team didn't realize a change they made would affect Final Cut... but to the dismay of all FCP editors in the world, we suddenly couldn't work.  The Quicktime team did NOT do this on purpose, they did not try to hurt the FCP editors, they simple had to move too quickly and made a mistake.
2017-8-2
Use props
info.overexposu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544055 ft
France

Same problem here, bad video connection not usable after 30 meters . Did a relink but that didn't help. Very aggressive flying phantom 4 with very harsh and shaking stops. Reset to factory settings no help. Had such a good flying phantom and thats all over now with this mandatory  firmware update. Motors run very hot as well after the update!
2017-8-2
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-2 08:33
DJI didn't lie to us about being able to roll back the update.  They just forgot to remove the note.  The non-removal of that note is a problem, a bad mistake, but to say they lied to us purposely is a bit conspiracy theory.  

I can't tell you how many times I have been programming an application I wrote and missed updating a dialog window.  The larger the company (and the more complex the software), the easier this kind of mistake is to make since different groups handle different parts of the code.  I saw this kind of thing happen at Apple all the time, not because anyone was lying, but because the fast pace of development often conflicts with the amount time required to do a perfect job.

I did not say that they are lying to us (at least that was not my intention)
I also know a little programming.
And I know that if you make a mistake of this type, you can also make much bigger mistakes
In my opinion this FW is a serious error because it was not properly tested before it was released
And on this I think we're both in agreement!
2017-8-3
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-3 00:22
And I know that if you make a mistake of this type, you can also make much bigger mistakes

But they already have a well working firmware, they only have to make it available again meanwhile they develop a new one
2017-8-3
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-3 00:22

Hi P4Mano, I wasn't referring to you regarding the charge that DJI is lying to us.  There is another poster in this thread (and MANY other threads) where people think DJI lied about this.

All good Mr. Mano.
Take care buddy.
2017-8-3
Use props
fansc7f4185a
New
France

Hey, faut-il faire la mise à jour ?
2017-8-6
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

fansc7f4185a Posted at 2017-8-6 08:31

Mon conseil est de ne pas faire la mise à jour!
Cette mise à jour peut ou peut ne pas fonctionner correctement dans votre phantom !
s vous qui devez décider si vous voulez prendre ce risque
2017-8-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

fansc7f4185a Posted at 2017-8-6 08:31

SI votre drone fonctionne sans problèmes en ce moment, vaut mieux PAS prendre des mises à jour qui foutent la m8rde à beacoup de gens.  Bonne chance!
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-6 12:52
Of course those commies are deleting everything.  Would you expect anything less from a Chinese company with employees in California too?  I mean California is filled with more pinkos than any other state in the nation.

Why bother to fix the firmware when it's so much easier to just delete posts?

" I mean California is filled with more pinkos than any other state in the nation. "

Is that then why it has the biggest GDP in USA ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co ... d_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
2017-8-6
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-6 12:52
Of course those commies are deleting everything.  Would you expect anything less from a Chinese company with employees in California too?  I mean California is filled with more pinkos than any other state in the nation.

Why bother to fix the firmware when it's so much easier to just delete posts?

Irate...   your post is completely lame.  I'm not normally bothered by someone speaking their mind, but you are just being inflammatory and closed minded. From the things you wrote, I would be willing to bet any amount of money that you voted Trump.

"Why bother to fix the firmware when it's so much easier to just delete posts" is such a shallow thing to say.  The people working on the firmware have nothing to do with the posts and visa-versa.  DJI IS working on a firmware fix which we will hopefully have soon.  I also hope that they slow down on their feature releases and get the existing stuff fixed first.  But c'mon Irate, you can do better than what you have written.  
2017-8-6
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-6 14:11
Irate...   your post is completely lame.  I'm not normally bothered by someone speaking their mind, but you are just being inflammatory and closed minded. From the things you wrote, I would be willing to bet any amount of money that you voted Trump.

"Why bother to fix the firmware when it's so much easier to just delete posts" is such a shallow thing to say.  The people working on the firmware have nothing to do with the posts and visa-versa.  DJI IS working on a firmware fix which we will hopefully have soon.  I also hope that they slow down on their feature releases and get the existing stuff fixed first.  But c'mon Irate, you can do better than what you have written.

I'll have to decline taking that bet, because I'd lose my money.  Money that I'll likely need to fix a crashed P4 the next time DJI buggers something up.  And yes, you're right, I certainly can do much better.  I shall endeavor to be more inflammatory in the future.

Nice red avatar you got there!
2017-8-6
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-2 08:33

It was a mistake on day 1, its a lie on day 30. They are well aware of their mistake. We have most certainly made them aware yet it still says you can roll it back. When you know you made a mistake and you make no effort to rectify that mistake and your mistake misleads people then you are most definitely lying weather that was your original intention or not . And no, I didnt vote for Trumpkin, I hate the man with every ounce of my being. I know you weren't asking but I figured id go ahead and put that out there.
2017-8-6
Use props
KrisUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73406 ft

Japan

Are these updates mandatory or can we still fly without any updates?
2017-8-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

KrisUAV Posted at 2017-8-6 17:52
Are these updates mandatory or can we still fly without any updates?

If you drone is flying reliably on earlier software and firmware, my advice-for what it's worth- would be to leave well alone. The updates are NOT mandatory. So long as you keep your connected device (Tablet, phone, whatever) in AIRPLANE mode (ie WiFi OFF) no updates can take place and you can drone on, as I do, with no hassles. Good Luck!
2017-8-6
Use props
KrisUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73406 ft

Japan

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-8-6 22:43
If you drone is flying reliably on earlier software and firmware, my advice-for what it's worth- would be to leave well alone. The updates are NOT mandatory. So long as you keep your connected device (Tablet, phone, whatever) in AIRPLANE mode (ie WiFi OFF) no updates can take place and you can drone on, as I do, with no hassles. Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip.
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules