Where are my files???
1720 24 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb1071ef5
lvl.1

United States

I recently recorded a whole bunch of clips while on vacation and was shocked to see that some key clips were missing when I uploaded my footage to my computer. After doing some digging I found all of my clips in the video cache in the DJI Go app on my iPhone.  Why they were there I do not know since I had turned the cache off previously and never changed that setting.  Now all that I seem to have are some really lousy, low-resolution clips and I'm wondering if there's any way they might still be recoverable from the memory card?  Does anyone else have any insight on this?
2017-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry that we are unable to restore these lost clips for you, hope other customers could give you some advice.
Does the issue occur again? What is the model of your SD card?
2017-7-31
Use props
dorogamedia
New

United States

I am having the exact same problem. Many files were not recorded to the SD card, but only as low resolution cache files on the phone. I am left with only a handful of random files and are ordered consecutively but do not correspond at all to when they were shot - late in the day is file 1, early in the day in the middle, etc. None of it makes any sense whatsoever. How could this happen? I am missing essential files and need to tell my client my new Osmo failed.
2017-8-1
Use props
djiuser_FP1esjm
New
Czechia

Hi, I have same problem
2017-8-1
Use props
djiuser_FP1esjm
New
Czechia

Hi, I have same problem
And today I am claiming a memory card (kingstone 64GB class 10)... But the memory card that was packaged has the same problem (snadic 16GB extreme)
But only 4K resolution video is not recorded
2017-8-1
Use props
djiuser_FP1esjm
New
Czechia

So I tested.
I shot 8 videos in 4K resolution.
Everything was correctly written.
I disconnected the cache memory.
And after the video ended, I waited for at least 15 seconds.
And then I rewind the videos.

We'll see tomorrow. I'll try again.

But what I am sorry about is that I have not yet achieved the quality of a video like Mavic.
Mavic has a much nicer image quality.
I wonder if there's a mistake with me
2017-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dorogamedia Posted at 2017-8-1 06:04
I am having the exact same problem. Many files were not recorded to the SD card, but only as low resolution cache files on the phone. I am left with only a handful of random files and are ordered consecutively but do not correspond at all to when they were shot - late in the day is file 1, early in the day in the middle, etc. None of it makes any sense whatsoever. How could this happen? I am missing essential files and need to tell my client my new Osmo failed.

Sorry for the trouble caused.
Please inform us the model of your Osmo and firmware version.
What SD card do you use? Have you changed another card to try?
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_FP1esjm Posted at 2017-8-1 10:22
So I tested.
I shot 8 videos in 4K resolution.
Everything was correctly written.

You can upload a short original 4K video to Dropbox and post the link here, we will help to check the quality.
2017-8-2
Use props
fansb1071ef5
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 01:38

I don't know which model it is other then the 1st model you made of it, how do I look that up? The firmware is 1.6.2.10, SanDisk 32GB SD Hc card.  I don't need to change the card to try anything, that's NOT the point!  The point IS that I shot 17 video clips and all but 3 of them went right onto the card and 3 only went to the cache - and they are crap!  Why would 3 only go to the cache and NOT get recorded onto the card?  I use this camera for business and I need it to work every time!  2 of those clips that went to the cache are needed for a production I'm working on and now they look completely different from all of the others.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback, our R&D engineers are trying their best to test the problem, appreciate your patience and understanding.
2017-8-4
Use props
Rojin
New
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-2 01:38

Hello,
The problem remains

Version:
APP 3.1.8(615)
Firmware 1.5.0.90

Osmo model: FC350Z (x3 zoom)

I've tried a lot of memory cards.
Problem at all
Right now I have Sandisk extreme 64GB

In Osmo DJI Go videos are visible and can be started.
In the DJI Editor, videos are also visible and can be started.
But when you copy to a PC, some videos have only 2MB and can not be started

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Ws/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... TQ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you DJI Mindy

2017-8-5
Use props
Rojin
New
Czechia

dji_osmo_zoom_problem_01.jpg
2017-8-5
Use props
Rojin
New
Czechia

Rojin Posted at 2017-8-5 09:15
Hello,
The problem remains

I'm sorry, so videos that have 2MB will NOT play in DJI Go!! It only has a preview.Videos can only be played in the DJI Editor.

Rojin
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I see, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, Rojin, we have been aware this issue and our engineers are working on getting it addressed, please note the future firmware release, apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2017-8-6
Use props
Firesac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305003 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, I have an OSMO and iPhone 7 with the latest software 3.1.13. I have used my OSMO many many times and until this last update I have never had a problem. No I have files on my SD card which won't open but the video is on my phone which I can't use as the quality is so poor. When will this get fixed or is my OSMO unless now or can I remove the update? Please help.
2017-8-7
Use props
Rojin
New
Czechia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-6 22:58
I see, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, Rojin, we have been aware this issue and our engineers are working on getting it addressed, please note the future firmware release, apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Everything good, and thank you DJI Mindy.

I'm looking forward to the firmware

Rojin
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rojin Posted at 2017-8-11 04:19
Everything good, and thank you DJI Mindy.

I'm looking forward to the firmware

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
2017-8-11
Use props
fans35c92c4f
New
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-11 04:51
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

When you decide the problems with writing files to the memory card?! I have a month to every shooting worry lists if the files on the OSMO. Files from the cache cannot be used. I failed already 3 customers. Tell me how to solve this problem?!
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans35c92c4f Posted at 2017-8-11 13:36
When you decide the problems with writing files to the memory card?! I have a month to every shooting worry lists if the files on the OSMO. Files from the cache cannot be used. I failed already 3 customers. Tell me how to solve this problem?!

We sincerely apologize for the trouble that has been cause. Our engineers are working on it and will get it fixed very soon, please wait patiently, thanks.
2017-8-14
Use props
fansb1071ef5
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-4 02:14
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we care much about your feedback, our R&D engineers are trying their best to test the problem, appreciate your patience and understanding.

This is nonsense, your product is a piece of crap and it STILL can't do what you said it could do from the get go.  I just returned from the last professional shoot that I will EVER use this piece of junk on!  Once again I had to RE-re-set the camera to NOT send files to the cache!  Once again it repeatedly lost the connection to my iPhone and then, after I thought that I was finished, the last 4 shots that I took, each of which required me to shutdown and then restart the device in order for it to connect, went straight to the cache and are therefore UNUSABLE!  I am hired as a professional to deliver professional results and I am unable to do so with the OSMO since it is so unreliable!
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb1071ef5 Posted at 2017-8-14 07:43
This is nonsense, your product is a piece of crap and it STILL can't do what you said it could do from the get go.  I just returned from the last professional shoot that I will EVER use this piece of junk on!  Once again I had to RE-re-set the camera to NOT send files to the cache!  Once again it repeatedly lost the connection to my iPhone and then, after I thought that I was finished, the last 4 shots that I took, each of which required me to shutdown and then restart the device in order for it to connect, went straight to the cache and are therefore UNUSABLE!  I am hired as a professional to deliver professional results and I am unable to do so with the OSMO since it is so unreliable!

You have our deeply apologize for the trouble that has been caused. Our engineers are trying their best to get this problem fixed, please wait patiently for the next firmware release, thank you for your understanding very much.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans54ffb6ed
New
Flight distance : 111440 ft
Australia

Similar hing has happened to me using the Oslo Mobile, except I took a heap of still shots and previously have skimmed through so now they weren't he gallery in pictures zin the app. but somehow they are no longer there and only the video clips shot at the same time can be found. At first I though maybe where I saw them washy iPhone gallery so went to search but no not there, then I though maybe I accidentally deleted them all and so checked
2017-8-19
Use props
fans54ffb6ed
New
Flight distance : 111440 ft
Australia

I had a similar problem expect with 50+ still shots which at the time had seen were on my iPhone along with the video clips, but somehow vanished.  I was using DJO Osmo mobile, I thought maybe when we'd viewed them they were in my phone gallery that why they weren't in pictures within the app, but no not there either, so thought maybe I'd somehow accidentally deleted them so checked the *recently deleted* folder but not there either.. Its a really shame as these were one off event pics on a professional level for a client that I now can't find or retrieve. Not very happy about this as its cost my ability to complete service for paying client ending in loss of income due to lost footage. Has anyone else experienced this, or know of another place to search for missing file that 3 other people had previewed only hours before to know they had been there  
2017-8-19
Use props
Rojin
New
Czechia

Hi Mindy,
last firmware update fix the problem.
Well done!! Very much thanks!
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rojin Posted at 2017-9-28 06:42
Hi Mindy,
last firmware update fix the problem.
Well done!! Very much thanks!

Glad to hear that, have a great time on shooting.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules