Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone laws France and Ireland
1350 7 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aerography U.K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

I'm traveling to France and Ireland in the next couple of weeks for holidays, I'm taking my drone with me are the drone rules similar to the UK? I know I could look online but would like a response from the community as some of you can put it into layman terms from experience etc.. many thanks.
2017-7-31
Use props
Anthony Link Me
lvl.2
Flight distance : 339475 ft
France

Hello, i'm french, the law is very strict here, you can't use your drone in the city's, above houses cars and people. theres a lot of no fly zone.  the fine is 75000€ and 6 month of jail if you use it without permission, you need to have a specific license and autorisation everywhere you wanted tu fly. good luck for flying.
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

In Ireland , height 120 meters =H 300 metres =D 30metres from people 120 metres from groups of 12 or more.
Cities like Dublin are pretty much a no go area Dublin airport 10k radius , outside Dublin you fly pretty freely, nobody will bother you so long as your not overly intrusive most will be inquisitive but it's really not much problem flying in Ireland .

What part are you planning going to?
2017-8-1
Use props
Jan Vincent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 611972 ft
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-1 14:54
In Ireland , height 120 meters =H 300 metres =D 30metres from people 120 metres from groups of 12 or more.
Cities like Dublin are pretty much a no go area Dublin airport 10k radius , outside Dublin you fly pretty freely, nobody will bother you so long as your not overly intrusive most will be inquisitive but it's really not much problem flying in Ireland .

Hi, so it means that I can fly freely at my sister's vicinity located at Clane? Sounds good.. Will definitely bring my Drone when I get there..
2017-8-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Jan Vincent Posted at 2017-8-1 22:43
Hi, so it means that I can fly freely at my sister's vicinity located at Clane? Sounds good.. Will definitely bring my Drone when I get there..

It's close to baldonnell airport military use this airport but might just far enough away to fly the drone, think you should be ok.
2017-8-2
Use props
Jan Vincent
lvl.1
Flight distance : 611972 ft
Philippines

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-2 00:44
It's close to baldonnell airport military use this airport but might just far enough away to fly the drone, think you should be ok.

Yeah.  I'll just be cautious and I won't go beyond 400ft
2017-8-2
Use props
Aerography U.K.
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-1 14:54

Thanks hallmark, I will be staying in Graiguenamanagh County Kilkenny, great scenery and not a lot of people. Can't wait!!
2017-8-2
Use props
Aerography U.K.
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Anthony Link Me Posted at 2017-8-1 13:53
Hello, i'm french, the law is very strict here, you can't use your drone in the city's, above houses cars and people. theres a lot of no fly zone.  the fine is 75000€ and 6 month of jail if you use it without permission, you need to have a specific license and autorisation everywhere you wanted tu fly. good luck for flying.

I'll wait until I get to Ireland for flying and just enjoy the sun in France. Thanks for replying.
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules