Ever crash your Spark?
12684 61 2017-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>

Indoor, straight into a big mirror, low light circumstances, learned some lessons ;)
2018-5-16
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Crashed into trees,branches. No issues after...
Bought 2 crashed and busted sparks, fixed broken arms, and gimbal wire, and flying like new...
2018-5-16
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Two crashes in three months of flying, both due to faulty fleshware. I have to learn that I can't judge distances very well through the reading glasses I need to see the screen. Cheap lesson to learn, though. Four broken or cracked props was the only damage.

Also landed it in a puddle once. Only damage was to two fingers when I panicked and tried to pick it up before it turned off. Faulty fleshware, indeed.
2018-5-18
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 927185 ft

I've crashed mine lots of times.  Here is the most major one.  I got it on camera, luckily!

Here is where I fixed it:

This was at about 200 feet of altitude.  I've crashed it from a few feet off the ground multiple times.   No damage sustained.  Probably time to replace the rotors though.
2018-5-18
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

I have owned my Spark for over a year and have crashed it four times... 1. My Spark crashed in Active track when it flew backwards and hit a tree. 2. I changed the stick mode on my RC and instead of landing, my Spark flew into a wall 3. I thought I was high enough and I crashed into a tree witch the gimbal pointed down. 4. When trying to power off my Spark, it entered Gesture Mode and took off inside.
2018-12-2
Use props
pianoplayer7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259055 ft
United States

Crashed it once. Battery unsnapped. Still works great and not even a prop broken.
2018-12-2
Use props
62+
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

116 km and no crash to date. Never say never.
Do not even have spare props.
2018-12-3
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

So far so good, no incidents to report.
2018-12-3
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Ken-Rick Posted at 2017-8-2 03:38
I had mine crashed, 5th day  Lucky i had bought Dji refresh
I sent it for repair and now waiting for the return to home  
https://youtu.be/EbyRqy-XJZ8?t=1m14s

Ooh! Ooh!

I fear that. Bumping into a branch over water, causing the motors to stop and Sylvester goes in the drink.

Crashed Sylvester? Oh, yea! Not seriously. Tough little bird.
2018-12-4
Use props
Cookster670
lvl.4
Australia

Yeah.....at 2::07

But have to admit, it was kinda worth it

No damage that I can see, but haven’t flown it since

2018-12-5
Use props
Ram-UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132648 ft
United Kingdom

Had a few crashes into trees, walls and fence panels. Luckily with just a few prop damages. But recall any loss of video recordings.
Tough little guy
2018-12-6
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Had my first drone based injury last weekend!! Stupidly tried to land on my backpack as the sand was wet... Won't be doing that again! It worked fine first time, second time it moved a bit when decending, clipped my bag and sent it off veering towards the sea!!! I panicked and just grabbed it out the air before it could land in the salty sea water! Sliced three fingers really badly!!! Drone was fine, covered in sand and blood which was worrying but ive fully cleaned it and flown again since with no problems. I broke all 4 props!!!!
2018-12-10
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

42green Posted at 2017-8-1 11:56
Two small crashes and two adverted.
1. Averted - tried tap fly in the backyard, thought it was only going to a point but it was on continue on current course, into a tree. Didn't go down stopped it as it clipped a few leaves.
2. Crash - Flying sideways into tree, obstacle avoidance stopped me, but instead of going to check I just tried flying up and hit a small branch

I had exactly that my first ever flight too! Sports mode flew backwards into a massive bush that had a stream flowing beneath it, luckily stayed firmly in the bush and didnt land in the drink!!! I wasn't insured at the time either so very lucky
2018-12-10
Use props
FISHMAN513
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189393 ft
United States

Unfortunately, Ive probably crashed mine about 20 times now... So far the only damage besides a whole lotta busted props was one of the bottom obstacle sensor covers falling out in some ivy.

I bought another middle frame online for 20$ but it seemed overkill to replace the whole chassis for one little lense cover.

In one of the threads on this forum someone suggested cutting the front lens cover out of a pair of sunglasses.

I used 5$ polarized sunglasses from the fishing isle @ Walmart, a dremel, some sandpaper, and a little too much superglue to cover it back up and the sensors still work fine.
(They worked fine while missing one sensor cover also)

Guess I’ll probably just keep the new middle chassis as backup in case something terrible happens... fingers crossed

Happy flights guys!

D90275AD-D0DC-4B57-99BC-38B45DF6179A.jpeg
A64FEDAF-651F-4596-B533-120CF568CD57.jpeg
2018-12-11
Use props
dencio1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10397 ft
Philippines

I had 2 crashes. 1 from about 1.5ft off the ground as the video lagged a bit and was unable to evade a concrete post. The other one at 1ft off the ground hitting a bag. My spark has 2 visible scratches at the edge of its 2 legs. No errors so far. Still flies like how it is when I got it. I did replace 2 propellers just to make sure I get the best balanced prop and not stress the motor and just made the other 2 as emergency spare.
2018-12-14
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

no crashes here so far
2018-12-14
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
United States

In order to save your footage to the memory card the Spark needs to be powered down by pushing the battery button. In case you have a crash or remove the battery before shut down your file may be corrupted.
Cheers!
2018-12-14
Use props
snowbird pilot
lvl.4
United States

just crashed onto the ground but was not bad at all
2019-2-24
Use props
jimmsch
New
Flight distance : 35272 ft
United States

My son got it stuck in a tree about 40ft high. After about 30 minutes of standing on my roof throwing a hardball at it, I finally nailed it! Hit it square on with a fastball and it dropped the 40 some odd feet to the ground. Battery stayed intact, but it had already drained so the aircraft was off. After recharging and restarting the thing works almost perfectly, didn't even need to replace any blades. The only issue was the camera being tilted slightly which was fixed under gimbal roll in DJI Go 4.
2019-5-23
Use props
Eddie1215
lvl.2

United States

I have had Sparky for about 2 months and have not had any crashes. I am pretty careful with mine. I have flown on Sports mode a few times in wide open spaces. Hope my luck continues.
2019-5-23
Use props
Airwick Rhodes
New

Australia

I did the same thing. Flew into a shed now my gimbal is shakey and I can't Arm my drone and all the lights flash green red and yellow constantly . Currently trying to find a replacement
2020-5-17
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Havn't crashed my Spark (not yet at least). Being quite careful when I'm flying though and always make sure that everthing is up and running ok prior to take-off.
2020-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules