Sunwoda legitimate manufacturer of battery for Mavic?
5076 9 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alecela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37024 ft
Hong Kong

Just bought some extra batteries for Mavic but noticed that it's made by a different manufacturer:   The original battery that came w/ my Mavic Pro is made by Dongguan Amperex Technology and the new ones are made by Sunwoda Electronic.    Just want to check w/ the expert here whether these are legitimate or not?    The shop where I bought them from seems legitimate though.     
2017-8-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PM one of the admin and let them check with their R&D
2017-8-1
Use props
mavic-man
lvl.1

Russia

Faced the same situation. What do you guys think?

Bought on August 15, 2017 battery from an authorized dji retail store djimsk.ru for 120$. With delivery for 135$. The store found on the site dji.com in the list of their official stores. Oh, these batteries are very different and the performance quality is different.
Which confused:
1. Battery all creaks unlike the native (video below).
2. On plastic traces of manual processing with a cutting tool like a knife, everything is smooth on the native.
3. The battery clicks badly in Mavic Pro.

In this photo, a comparison of 2 batteries, the native one, which went with the copter and bought in addition, increased the details of the plastic cut with a knife:

Video:
Plastic all creaks on the purchased battery:

Video:
To snap the battery into the Mavic Pro native complete battery pack, tap the center well enough. In the purchased battery, if you also press it, it seems to have latched - but no. If you push hard on each side, it snaps into place:

I received such a response from the service center of the official DJI dealer in Russia skymec.ru:
"We received a response from the manufacturer to the questions asked by you." Briefly:
- both serial numbers are properly registered in the DJI system, the batteries are original, from two different manufacturers;
- If the battery is functioning properly, do not worry about its appearance, these are acceptable differences associated with technological tolerances;
- marriage on the submitted materials is not observed, the main task - reliable fixing of the battery in the drone, it is perfectly normal to snap the battery from both sides.
I hope this answer sufficiently confirms the originality of the battery.
Below are the original texts of our request and the answer of DJI.

Inquiry
Dear Support Team,
We were addressed by a customer, who is not happy with his Mavic battery that he presumably purchased from us.
He also wrote about his problem on a russian DJI forum -
http://dji-club.ru/i...li/#entry125574
The customer compares a normal battery that he had in his Mavic set with a newly purchased battery (please refer to the attached photo).
Please help us to answer his questions and comment on the photos and videos provided:
a) As possible to see, the battery in question is produced by another manufacturer, not Dongguan Amperex but by Sunwoda Electronics Co. Is it official DJI products manufacturer?
B) The plastic of the shell of the new battery looks very lousy as if cut manually with a knife.
It also creaks and clacks when pressed, please see the video.
c) While installing the battery from Sunwoda in the copter, one need not to just push it in the center but also push both edges, only then it will sit properly.
The battery functions normally though, the questions are only about really poor shell quality.
Please advise if it is a genuine DJI battery and if so, why are there such difference in quality with a Dongguan battery?
Thank you.
Answer
Dear Dealer,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Thanks a lot for your info and video, here are the answers for your questions one by one:
a) I have checked the two batteries (093A... and 093X...) carefully by the system, both of them are recorded fine and they are genuine batteries. Actually, the battery has two manufacturers, as the two ones you mentioned.
B) If the function of the battery works fine, please do not worry about the appearance. It is reasonable production process deviation.
c) There is no manufacturing error there. The main purpose is to install the battery firmly. It is fine to push both edges to make it sit properly. Please do not worry.
Cheers! We are always here for you and have a wonderful day ahead.
Ellen
DJI Technical Support
Website http://www.dji.com/support"
2017-8-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

B) If the function of the battery works fine, please do not worry about the appearance. It is reasonable production process deviation.

who ever Googled a reasonable question and got no (ZERO) related search results - i never managed this until now.

I have just now googled "reasonable production process deviation" and there are no definitions (not by wiki or anyone) - there are no general articles to do with or addressing this particular phrase - there are no news articles and no videos on the subject of reasonable production process deviation.

This situation reminds me of politics where a simple question is asked and a non sensicle answer is provided - with a smily face.

If it is true that dji has apparently got a "process deviation policy" then why do we not see more deviations (manufacturer imperfections) from the perfection we get in every other aspect of our drones design, manufacture and presentation.

I personally wonder if the leaders of dji know of this reasonable production process deviation policy - i certainly can not believe that they thought it up or would even approve it mucvh less be able to build such a great company with such flexible standards.

2017-8-29
Use props
mavic-man
lvl.1

Russia

At the same time, the Sunwoda battery works fine and the flight time is not less. Does everyone have such a quality of assembling Sunwoda batteries?
2017-8-30
Use props
djiuser_7UG4IQl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32753 ft
Italy

In my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo one battery was manifactured by Sunwoda. It's a little more creaky unlike the Dongguan Amperex ones, but it works like the other ones and it also inserts flawlessly into the aircraft.
2017-8-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-29 11:30

You'd probably have better luck searching for the term in the original Chinese.
2017-8-30
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Have to say it all sounds a little unbelievable to have such a deviation. Let's face it when these things are produced they have to make sure the test batteries are fitting and seating correctly, any deviation must be remedied prior to manufacture and this usually involves adjustment of the moulds used in production of the plastic casing on the batteries. DJI being the owner should have the original singed off drawings.... Hence any difference will be minimal between the two producers, unless the moulds are getting warn then they need replacing.

As an end user, we should not be able to tell the difference in looks, fit or performance.
2017-8-30
Use props
mavic-man
lvl.1

Russia

Bigga J Posted at 2017-8-30 08:03
Have to say it all sounds a little unbelievable to have such a deviation. Let's face it when these things are produced they have to make sure the test batteries are fitting and seating correctly, any deviation must be remedied prior to manufacture and this usually involves adjustment of the moulds used in production of the plastic casing on the batteries. DJI being the owner should have the original singed off drawings.... Hence any difference will be minimal between the two producers, unless the moulds are getting warn then they need replacing.

As an end user, we should not be able to tell the difference in looks, fit or performance.

Hi friends, 10 months have passed since the purchase of DJI Donguang and Sanwoda batteries. As a result, both batteries were operated and stored in the same way, they have 28 charge cycles each. The battery out of the box - Donguang has a residual capacity of 3750 mAh, and the Sanwoda battery bought with creaky plastic with a knife treatment has a capacity of 3560 mAh. Does someone have doubts that the first feeling is the most correct?

2018-6-14
Use props
mavic-man
lvl.1

Russia

The batteries are fully charged with the original DJI charger before the charge is automatically turned off. After that, the copter is installed in the copter and a screenshot is made in the program dji go about the state of the battery and its capacity. at the very beginning the capacity of both batteries was about 3800 mA. And the native battery from the box of the drone - Donguang capacity practically did not sink, only 50 mAh. But with a carelessly made Sanwoda battery the capacity sank by almost 200 mAh. she grows old faster. apparently the filling from lithium inside also differs a little from them.
2018-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules