What kind of plug on the Mavic Pro remote controller?
7627 7 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alecela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37024 ft
Hong Kong

It looks like a micro USB BUT at a closer look at the male plug of the cable that connnects the remote controller AND the tablet/phone shows that it's not quite micro USB.   In fact, I tried to plug that end of the cable into a micro usb phone and it doesn't work.    HOWEVER, the female jack on the remote controller does seem to be compatible w/ micro USB charging cable.

My reason for the question is that I have a spare Android phone that I have that I intend to attach to the remote controller on a more permanent basis.   But every time I have to charge the phone, I need to take it off the RC.    So I was thinking of buying a USB type A male to micro USB female cable such that I can charge the phone without having to take it off the RC.    But now that I look at it, I'm not convinced that would work as the jack looks proprietary...   
2017-8-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That's the thing with standards, you have so many to choose from! The specs say Micro USB Type 3, but fail to say whether that's using USB 2 or USB 3 where the Micro USB male connector is different!
USB_konektory.png

Graphic via Milos634 at Wikipedia
2017-8-1
Use props
alecela
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37024 ft
Hong Kong

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-8-1 06:07
That's the thing with standards, you have so many to choose from! The specs say Micro USB Type 3, but fail to say whether that's using USB 2 or USB 3 where the Micro USB male connector is different!
[view_image]

Ok, looks like that plug is micro-A and the chance of finding a female micro-A plug to male standard-A plug cable is even smaller!!!   

So do you guys just keep attaching & detaching the phone/tablet from the RC every time you use it?
2017-8-1
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

alecela Posted at 2017-8-1 07:20
Ok, looks like that plug is micro-A and the chance of finding a female micro-A plug to male standard-A plug cable is even smaller!!!   

So do you guys just keep attaching & detaching the phone/tablet from the RC every time you use it?

Try looking on Monoprice .com. if you cant find it they can make it.
2017-8-1
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

alecela Posted at 2017-8-1 07:20

Yup, need my phone as a phone, too, and even if I didn't it wouldn't so portable.
2017-8-1
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Yup, have to disconnect my iPad 4 Mini else it doesn't fit in my bag...
2017-8-1
Use props
Fishy
lvl.1
United States

Actually....It appears that the RC controller is a USB Micro-AB....see below...

Micro-USB AB
Designed exclusively for USB On-The-Go devices, this versatile connector can accept either a Micro-USB A or Micro-USB B cable connection. This interface can be easily identified by its gray-colored receptacle and compact 5 pin design. This connector type only exists as a receptacle for On-The-Go devices and will not exist on a cable.
2018-1-8
Use props
Fishy
lvl.1
United States

More......

https://www.cablestogo.com/learning/connector-guides/usb

2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules