Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MOV to MP4
7842 21 2015-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Today by mistake a recorded on MOV. on my inspire. I need to convert it to MP4. I NEED HELP
2015-3-24
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

Pidetective,

I have used Movavi Video Converter. I think you can get a free trial (7 days) download to see if you like it before you subscribe to the software. I ended up subscribing and use it occasionally for various tasks. Check this free trial period - it may have changed.

Here's a link:
http://www.movavi.com/videoconve ... nw8QCFQyqaQodM0cAhg

I'm sure there may be others (like Jim Hare, Marco & dbeck)) with better advice- so you may want to check my suggestion.

2015-3-25
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

you can actually just rename from *.mov to *.mp4 - those extensions are just wrappers really . . .
2015-3-25
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-25 20:37
you can actually just rename from *.mov to *.mp4 - those extensions are just wrappers really . . .

How do I do that. Please help me with this
Than you
2015-3-25
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Acidsnow Posted at 2015-3-25 20:37

How do I rename it to mp4. Please help me with this

thanks
2015-3-25
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rfrye Posted at 2015-3-25 18:35
Pidetective,

I have used Movavi Video Converter. I think you can get a free trial (7 days) download ...

Thanks it converts it bit but still will not let me see it in windows player or movie maker
2015-3-25
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

if you are using Windows right click, select rename . . .
2015-3-25
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can go on internet and look up " Movie Converter for Windows"
2015-3-25
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

go here. http://download.cnet.com/windows/video-converters/
2015-3-25
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-3-25 22:02
Thanks it converts it bit but still will not let me see it in windows player or movie maker

PI,

Again, check my suggestions .. I have downloaded VLC Media Player which always plays my videos. It is also a free down load, but get it from http://filehippo.com/ to prevent getting a bunch of other garbage you don't want on your computer.

Also PI, - if you go to this link in this form you'll see another discussion on this (you'll have to page down a bit).
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Hope you get a solution.
2015-3-25
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My issue is I need to edit it And give it to someone in mp4. Software converters it but still can not see it in Windows player or Windows movie maker.
2015-3-25
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-3-26 00:24
My issue is I need to edit it And give it to someone in mp4. Software converters it but still can no ...

what are you editing with? Premiere? Final Cut?
If one of those - you can select the file type you need to export in -
2015-3-25
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rfrye Posted at 2015-3-26 01:10
what are you editing with? Premiere? Final Cut?
If one of those - you can select the file type you ...

I am editing with Windows movie maker. That's why I need to convert it to mp 4
2015-3-25
Use props
fionaeagle
New

United States

You can try MOV to MP4 Converter to do the program.  Here is a full guide on .mov to .mp4 conversion. Hope it helps.
2015-4-23
Use props
malfoyerik
New

India

For playing MOV video files on other portable players, you must opt for good video camera/camcorder converter software that can modify videos into any desired format such as MPEG-4, FLV, AVI, MKV, SWF, MPEG-2, 3G2, 3GP, WMV, M2TS, MPEG-1, ASF, M4V, VOB, MPG, etc and also changes audio formats as FLAC, AU, MP3, AMR, AIFF, M4V, OGG, WAV, MP2, WMA, etc without hampering the original quality. Video Converter tool is best option for this purpose; it’s particularly designed to convert MOV videos into any other desired formats for enjoying it on your portable gadgets.
2016-6-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-3-26 01:14

Were you able to convert it by finding something online?
2016-6-6
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Don't bother faffing about and wasting time with converters - it's pointless.
Just rename the extension to .mov

Nearly all NLE's will read the file then as a .mov wrapper (codec and GOP structure is identical)
2016-6-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-3-25 10:14

Tharg is correct, you only need to rename the file in windows DJI_0009.MOV to DJI_0009.MP4  then it will work just fine in windows player. I just took my P4 video and renamed it and it plays perfectly. imported the renamed file into movie maker .. worked fine

no worries

Rich
2016-6-6
Use props
Positveimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2772 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
Download "Free MP4 Converter" from the App store, It will do this and much, much more...
2016-6-7
Use props
djiuser_kH6j0llAAjUE
New

China

I have met the same problem before and found the 3  solutions from videoconverter.wondershare.com/convert-mov/convert-mov-to-mp4.html, which tells you how to convert MOV to MP4 with free desktop converter, online converter. Also you could directly use the free online converter, such as keepvid.cc.
2018-2-3
Use props
ambercliman
lvl.1

Hong Kong

if you have video file needs to be converted from mov. to mp4. you can try this 2 sites:
totally free mov to mp4 converter: https://www.keepvid.cc/mp4-converter/
professional mov to mp4 converter: https://www.keepvid.cc/keepvid-video-converter/
I always use these 2 sites. easy to use.
2018-2-26
Use props
djiuser_ulcwlkHEFv1g
New

Philippines

There are several sites that you can use to convert your videos to different formats. But most converters only convert videos from community sites like youtube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion. At times you will get error messages that it can't convert the video. You can try Acethinker's online converter, Clipconverter, Video grabber, Converto.io, Freemake video converter, and Video Keeper. I personally use Video Keeper since it works almost on all types of format. I hope this information can help.
2018-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules