2017 Nevada/Mojave trip highlights
710 5 2017-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

Here's a "trailer" showing a few highlights from my 2017 camping trip to Nevada and the Mojave desert, part of my ongoing quest to photographically document old mines, mining camps, ghost towns and other abandoned or historic places. (I've been doing this for 30 years now!) This year I had a new tool at my disposal, the Mavic Pro camera drone.

I still have a lot more video from this trip, so I'll be posting more as time allows. It takes time to edit this stuff, and I also have plenty of still photos to go through too. Be sure to check out my website to see more pics and info about ghost towns, mines, etc:    www.raydunakin.com

Please let me know what you think of this video. Constructive criticism would be especially appreciated.

Edit: This is now the revised version of the trailer. I made several changes based on people's suggestions, such as replacing some of the driving scenes with shots of places. Also did a bit more color correction. Of course, this is still just a trailer. The rest of my videos from the trip show much more of the various historic and scenic sites. I have the full report with pics and video on my website.
2017-8-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here we go... Shooting was nice, the music was nice, you mentioned your journey about the mines but most of the movie was a commercial for your truck. Tracking the truck one or twice is fine but it became too much. We were looking forward for the mines but the scenes were very short and very fast. Just re-edit and maybe do part 1, part 2 etc. and show us more detailed about the mines. looking forward to see it!
2017-8-1
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree, more scenic shots, less truck. The smoke stack shot was super cool and the train was unexpected.
2017-8-1
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

Thanks for the suggestions!

This was really meant as kind of a teaser, which is why I only used very a few very short (and mostly speeded up) clips from the mines and such. Perhaps I should have included some kind of message at the end to indicate there is more to come later?
2017-8-2
Use props
Igor42
lvl.2
Russia

С машиной, много лишнего, перебор.
2017-8-2
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

Спасибо