Landing & takeoff problems
1278 10 2015-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roy
lvl.2

United States

I don't know what the heck is going on with my Phantom 2 but I'm having the weirdest problem.

I do my compass calibration, lock into GPS and takeoff. Everything is seemingly fine. Until I land...

When I land the props don't throttle down like they should. Instead they keep spinning at a pretty high speed. Then if I try to take off it just sort of tips forward instead of going back up. If I gave it enough throttle the props would hit the ground instead of going up.

Now if I stop the motors and start them up again I can take off and then when I land again I have the same problem.

Anyone have any idea what is going on here and what I can do to get things back to normal?

TIA
2015-3-24
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you do ALL your stick calibrations?
2015-3-24
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

that is a known issue!

do not land leave motors running and attempt takeoff after landing.

It appears to be a common scenario for tip overs and or auto takeoff's.

like you noticed, shut down motors and then relaunch is OK.

supposed to be fixed in 3.12 I believe
2015-3-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

TIA,
When you land, do not do the SCS Command, simply, left stick down for a couple of seconds and it will shut off without tipping...
2015-3-24
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-3-25 11:30
TIA,
When you land, do not do the SCS Command, simply, left stick down for a couple of seconds and i ...

Always the best way to stop the motors and that is ALL the way down, past the detent. Even a good way to land, the motors will not stop until it is on the ground.
2015-3-24
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-3-24
Use props
Swerve
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Very minor correction. It should be CSC (combination stick command)
2015-3-25
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

[Light hearted hat firmly in place....]

Anyone who's flown anything, from a 747 to the smallest micro quad knows landing is the most critical phase of any flight.

Why, in the name of all that's holy, after a successful landing, would you want to take off again?!.....

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

i_anderson@iclo Posted at 2015-3-26 00:18
[Light hearted hat firmly in place....]

Anyone who's flown anything, from a 747 to the smallest mic ...

Gotta practice touch & go's.
2015-3-25
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-26 00:21
Gotta practice touch & go's.

Ya got me there!

Fortunately it seems, I don't let it 'shutdown' when I try them though. ;)

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-25
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Look at it this way, the Phantom kind of doesn't see itself landed after a touch down and wants to maintain it's position even if it already on the ground and GPS and barometric sensor variations result in correction attempts from the controller.
So shut down the motors after a touchdown,  CSC motor shut down works perfectly fine if performed correctly as outlined in the manual but a simple throttle down for 3 seconds is easier, or put a bit more throttle into the take-off and make minute horizontal corrections to avoid tip-overs and sudden horizontal movements after take-off.
2015-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules