New Zealand

I'll just place this here:

2017-8-1
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 170988 ft
New Zealand

I have spoken to the NZ distributors about the camera reset demonstrated in the video...they did not indicate that I should send it in for repair, but I was told instead to wait until DJI pushes out its next firmware update. Common sense seems to prevail, and the distributors do not believe it's a hardware issue. Also, the distributors know this is a fairly new camera unit. They replaced the original one back in October last year due to a soft focus. The new unit worked flawlessly up until I updated in July.

Overall, I'm not unhappy with the July firmware update that seems to have had so many negative effects as reported in these forums and also in Phantom Pilots. My horizon is straight, I have no flight control issues, and more importantly, the DJI Go app running on my NVidia Shield K1 has not crashed since DJI Go was updated to the latest version - that's definitely a plus for me!

Just one more thought - I find it quite self-destructive on DJI's part in regards to the way it has treated the Phantom 4 community. DJI seems happy to blame the hardware ("it's faulty, send it in..."), rather than just admitting the software is messed up. I bet the hardware engineers aren't getting on very well with the developers right now - I'd be peed off if my quality work was being undermined by another teams incompetence!
2017-8-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-18 11:22
I have spoken to the NZ distributors about the camera reset demonstrated in the video...they did not indicate that I should send it in for repair, but I was told instead to wait until DJI pushes out its next firmware update. Common sense seems to prevail, and the distributors do not believe it's a hardware issue. Also, the distributors know this is a fairly new camera unit. They replaced the original one back in October last year due to a soft focus. The new unit worked flawlessly up until I updated in July.

Overall, I'm not unhappy with the July firmware update that seems to have had so many negative effects as reported in these forums and also in Phantom Pilots. My horizon is straight, I have no flight control issues, and more importantly, the DJI Go app running on my NVidia Shield K1 has not crashed since DJI Go was updated to the latest version - that's definitely a plus for me!

"DJI seems happy to blame the hardware ("it's faulty, send it in..."), rather than just admitting the software is messed up"

My take on that is that it is the bottom line of a checklist, that their first line support works to (do they have 2nd line support ? Here perhaps, where the Mods generally do a good job in chasing up problems).

So is it not a case of 'If the basics on the list do not work, then don't worry, DJI will repair it for you'. That is if the individuals concerned do not want to wait for a fix to the firmware.

I wonder if it is such a bad principle.
2017-8-18
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

Good news: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=338244
2017-8-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a known issue... be sure to update the poll with your info....
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=3#pid926509
2017-8-24
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

Mabou2 Posted at 2017-8-24 13:21
This is a known issue... be sure to update the poll with your info....
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=106963&page=3#pid926509

I did, when it first went up. Thanks for putting that together.
2017-8-24
Use props
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

CentralOtagoKiw Posted at 2017-8-24 16:03
I did, when it first went up. Thanks for putting that together.

Excellent.... thanks Central
2017-8-24
Use props
CentralOtagoKiw
lvl.3
New Zealand

Beta firmware .300 seems to have fixed for the 4K camera reset issue. So far I've only flown one battery, but the camera reset itself did not occur. Flight controls remains stable and solid (phew), and all recordings in 3840 x 2180 @ 30 fps completed successfully and saved to the SD card, as expected.

I, for one, am happy with the beta so far.

Thanks DJI.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules