ODD Compass error
1063 3 2015-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicoleto
lvl.2

Colombia

Hello every one.

I need some coments or suggestions from the I1 experts. I’m having a very odd problem with my I1. First of all I must say I only have had 3 flights whith the Inspire and it flies very smooth and stable. It holds its position very well either with GPS or the Sonar/Camera sensors.

The problem I’m experiencing relates to the compass calibration. The compass procedure goes as indicated and after calibration I get the safe to fly with GPS signal. However, when I’m flying, I start getting the “compass error calibration is needed” messages. The difference here is that if I fly with the I1's nose pointing to the same direction, (lets say for the sake of this example, pointing west) as the one used when I started the compass calibration procedure, I get green lights and “safe to fly with GPS” message. If I start turning to any direction and pass 90 degrees from the start point I get the red light and the “compass calibration needed” message. The GPS signal seems to be ok and the I1 keeps its position no matter If the compass error appears or not.

As a second test I redid the compass calibration but this time I started the calibration pointing to the opposite direction, lets say East. This time, the same problem ocurred. If pointing East and not passing 90 degrees from the point of origin, I got the green light and "safe to fly with GPS" messages but passing 90 degrees, I started getting the compass error. By looking at the screen I could see that the messages constantly fluctuated green to red.

Any comments are very welcome

BTW I'm using firmware 0.17

Cheers to all

Nick

2015-3-24
Use props
jeremyconk
lvl.3

United States

It's a known issue with the firmware, and DJI has said it will be fixed in the next update... It' due out in the next couple weeks is the rumor....
2015-3-24
Use props
nicoleto
lvl.2

Colombia

Great. Thanks for your prompt reply.

2015-3-24
Use props
agordon222
New

United States

Hello from Miami where I too have had the same issue.  The other day, after compass calibration (which I do every time I fly) within the first minute of flight the Inspire 1 displayed "Compass Error," lost control, and flew directly into a building at about 15 feet high.  Did tremendous damage to the drone.  I called DJI and they told me it could be a compass malfunction or interference, but never mentioned that anyone else was having the same problem. I had to ship it back at my expense ($160) and now I will wait for a response.  The scariest thing about this is that with the speed of the blades someone could get seriously injured.  Luckily there was no one around when the Inspire 1 went crazy.  DJI should address this issue immediately before someone gets hurt.
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules