5610 10 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
XFkrhT6n7ZzK
New
Flight distance : 116411 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Since I've seen a number of topics about this issue, I still not havent found a solution of this problem.

My Ronin MX is slightly out of center on the pan axis.
With the trim set to 10 (or -10, I cant remember), it is still not centred properly.

I have made sure all my firmware and software is up to date, but my Ronin MX keeps getting aligned a bit off center.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue and how to re-align all axis to center position?

Kind regards,

Dennis
2017-8-2
Use props
TimekeeperFilms
lvl.1

United States

Hey Dennis!
Not sure if this will help, but do you have the DJI assistant app for either your smartphone or computer? If not, I'd highly recommend getting it because it will help with this issue as well as many others and is vital to make sure your Ronin is functioning correctly. I have a Ronin-M, but I don't think the app is different between M and MX. On the phone version of the app, there will be an option under the "more" tab called "calibrate center". When you press that, the app should prompt you to use your remote controller to center the Ronin on its pan axis. Once you've done that, confirm. The app may then prompt you to restart the system for the changes to take effect. Hope this helps!

-Andrew
2017-8-4
Use props
djiuser_YRKC2hO
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Andrew,

I have the app, but I have never seen that option.
I just checked, but the only calibrate option I have is 'Calibrate System', using this option will calibrate the device with the center still being off..
2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please enable Pan Smooth Track, set the Deadband to 0 and Speed to 100 after you turn the unit on to make it centered.

Besides, you can try to calibrate system.

1.png
2.png

2017-8-9
Use props
djiuser_YRKC2hO
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thank you Natalia,
But the Ronin MX will stay off center, both before and after calibration.
Also the settings you suggested (I have them on as default) do not help..
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_YRKC2hO Posted at 2017-8-9 06:51
Thank you Natalia,
But the Ronin MX will stay off center, both before and after calibration.
Also the settings you suggested (I have them on as default) do not help..

In that case, please make sure it is in Smooth Track mode, then upload a screenshot for "Live data" so we can check the value.
It would be best if you can upload a small video showing the situation you described that it's off center. Thank you!
2017-8-14
Use props
djiuser_YRKC2hO
lvl.1
Netherlands

I'll do that!
2017-8-21
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-9 01:20
Please enable Pan Smooth Track, set the Deadband to 0 and Speed to 100 after you turn the unit on to make it centered.

This works great!! thank you!
2017-11-2
Use props
Bracefieldfilm
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-9 01:20
Please enable Pan Smooth Track, set the Deadband to 0 and Speed to 100 after you turn the unit on to make it centered.

This worked really well for my MX, I was also having the same issue with it being out. But changing the values made a big differance.

Thanks
2018-1-23
Use props
dafferbird
New

Hi

Could some tell me how to start it up 90 degrees off centre, due to the design of my custom drone the mounting plate is not pointing forward but pointing at the legs, I can't change this.

D
2019-9-14
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.2

Czechia

I have got the same problem with my Ronin M. Default position is slightly to the left on pan axis. "Pan Smooth Track set the Deadband to 0 and Speed to 100" - this thing does not work. Neither does the Calibrate center function (It first seems to help but after a couple of minutes it goes back off center very slowly).
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules