Color Grading
728 7 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

So im starting to try and color grade my photos to make them pop a little more. I took this photo a few days ago and I edited it with Photoshop. Im not saying its perfect but it does look better. I may need to be a little more sutle with the color correction but it definately pops. Critisism is welcome. Im new to photo editing so please be gentle.

ship3.jpg
ship2.png
2017-8-2
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

First one has too much red in the sky, colour balance is wrong.   Maybe you need to check your monitor / graphics card calibration?

They both look like computer generated images, not photos, too clean and noise free, even the ripples in the water have been cleaned.

Are those aeroplanes really painted grass green?

"Critisism is welcome" - that's good   
2017-8-2
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-2 06:49
First one has too much red in the sky, colour balance is wrong.   Maybe you need to check your monitor / graphics card calibration?

They both look like computer generated images, not photos, too clean and noise free, even the ripples in the water have been cleaned.

Its definitely not cgi. I took the picture myself.
2017-8-2
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-8-2 06:49

Heres the flight log from the shoot. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4Z1J1S95ZAU90ITVL7IN/
2017-8-2
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-2 07:48
Heres the flight log from the shoot. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/4Z1J1S95ZAU90ITVL7IN/

What was the color setting on the camera?
2017-8-2
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I believe it was on dji color but honestly im not sure and ive updated the firmware since then so I imagine its changed it to default. Ill check tho.
2017-8-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-2 10:01
I believe it was on dji color but honestly im not sure and ive updated the firmware since then so I imagine its changed it to default. Ill check tho.

I don't think it is available any more, or has changed in name, but I shoot everythinbg in 'Vivid' and it gets you a lot closer to a good result. Also, I set the color temperature to 6500, never leave it on 'auto' for colour balance, particularly for video material.
2017-8-2
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-2 16:28
I don't think it is available any more, or has changed in name, but I shoot everythinbg in 'Vivid' and it gets you a lot closer to a good result. Also, I set the color temperature to 6500, never leave it on 'auto' for colour balance, particularly for video material.

Rite on. Ill that a try.
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules