Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Advanced and RC won't connect help!
44713 27 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

I am a youth minister so my summer are always busy....I got home yesterday after my last church camp of the summer and wanted to fly my drone. Got the batteries charged back up and went to the field. When I turned on the AC, then turned on the rc, then finally the app everything connected fine and was running but the alert said I needed to update rc and aircraft sooooooo..... after doing just a little reading I saw people were seeing extended flights and less video interrruptions so I thought---- hey, lets do it.... I cleaned my micro sd and put the new firmware on then went to install on my ps3advanced. The update went okay, said successfull- went on to put each of my three batteries and after a few beeps the light shown green on the drone so all was well. Then I went on to install the software via the app on my GL300B rc and after it downloaded....it asked me to install.... it installed and then I shut both the rc and the ac off and turned them back on to go try it out. The remote beeped and the green light turned red. Now it wont even connect to the app so I can try to link the ac and the rc again. It acts like the usb port isnt there because my iphone 7 wont even make the noise it makes when i plug it into things. I have tried a few different usb cords and still nothing. The remote will not connect to the ac and stays red while the light on the phantom 3 advanced is green.... what can I do?

I have tried logging off and on my dji app account and deleted the app and reinstalled a few times..... nothing yet!!!
2017-8-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

did you upgrade rc too?
2017-8-2
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

The "Red" light on your RC means there is no communication between it and your phantom. Try to re-link them. You need to go into the App and under settings select "Link". After which you need to push in the button just above your gimbal. One is the LED and one is a link button. Use a small pen or end of a paper clip or something to depress this button. Hold it in for a couple seconds and your phantom should re-link in less than a minute. Light should turn green on your RC and you should be good to go. If you don't know which button to push I can post a picture, or you can look in your manual or search on DJI or this forum for "How to re-link". Good luck!
2017-8-2
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

I did upgrade the rc.... or it said it upgraded and it completed. How do I re-link the controller if the app doesn't show the controller connected? Is there some way around that....a hard reboot or something. I just tried the c1, c2, record and iso button hold while turning it on and it all turned blue....but moments later it turns red again and when I plug the usb cable into the controller while turning it on and turning the app on nothing connects anymore
2017-8-2
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

I also found the re link button on the ps3a but don't know how to relink the RC
2017-8-2
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

Okay....turned both the AC and the RC on and hit the link button on the AC first then did the C1, C2, Record button hold and then pressed the ISO button at the same time. It linked itself and I could move the gimbal and even turn the rotors on buuuuuutttttt.... when I plug it into my phone nothing connects. When I have my remote on it now has a green light that blinks every few seconds and when I open the DJI go app it doesn't connect to my phone.... possible USB issue I guess but everything worked fine prior to me updating yesterday.
2017-8-2
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try reinstalling the app
2017-8-2
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

Deleted and reinstalled 4 times so far and nothing different
2017-8-2
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

little b-air Posted at 2017-8-2 14:35
Deleted and reinstalled 4 times so far and nothing different

I have never done the hard reset with the C1-C2 buttons. Look in your Go app under the settings and you will see "Linking RC". I'm sorry I'm at work right now and don't have my unit with me, but I am pretty sure on an Android device it is under the Controller settings It is on the first screen after you click on the RC icon, and scroll down to the bottom. Click on the "Linking RC" icon FIRST........now push in the button on the aircraft. Obviously, both the phantom and the RC need to be turned on. I have done this many times with my Advanced, and always do it from the app and always have success. I think it is important to do it in this order.
2017-8-3
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

If the RC won't connect to the app via the usb cable is there any other way to access the linking rc icon---- it won't show up now when I plug it in? I have used several different cords and different smart devices and nothing. Its like the update blew my USB port on my remote
2017-8-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

little b-air Posted at 2017-8-3 09:33
If the RC won't connect to the app via the usb cable is there any other way to access the linking rc icon---- it won't show up now when I plug it in? I have used several different cords and different smart devices and nothing. Its like the update blew my USB port on my remote

Not sure if this is your problem but I have experienced on some devices you have to "toggle" the usb port to "media or file transfer" instead of "charging". On my Nvidia, I had to go into my phone properties and tap on the "build" number 7-times in order to turn on the "Developer" options. I think all android devices are the same. Once that is "on", you go into the developers-options and scroll down the list until you come to "Select USB Configuration". It should be on "Media transfer Protocol". It is not as hard as it sounds if you haven't done this before. But if your USB port is set to "Charging" it won't allow the app to connect. At least I have had to do this to my devices. You may also want to turn on "Debugging" under the developers-options. As far as connecting some other way, I am not aware of any. The Advanced uses the
Lightbridge for communication and it goes through the USB connection. The RC doesn't give off a wireless signal like the older Standard does. Sorry for your troubles and hope you can get it going.
2017-8-4
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE 8-22-17. DJI has my rc for two weeks no and no updates.....  fairly frustrated
2017-8-22
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

little b-air Posted at 2017-8-22 08:59
UPDATE 8-22-17. DJI has my rc for two weeks no and no updates.....  fairly frustrated

Oh my! Yeah, I can understand your frustration. Don't have anything to throw out there for you. Looks like you'll have to just wait. Bummer!
2017-8-22
Use props
little b-air
lvl.1
United States

update..... September 14, 2017 and no one add DJI seems to be able to tell me the status of the remote..... ridiculous-----
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Please go to page 28 in this link for directions on how to link the remote to the aircraft. You should consider downloading the manual as  it will provide many answers to questions you may have: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.8.pdf
2017-9-14
Use props
fans093f752b
New
Flight distance : 279 ft
United States

Currently dealing with this exact same issue - did you ever get a resolution from DJI?
2018-1-10
Use props
Sandyhunter666
New
Flight distance : 4649 ft
United Kingdom

fans093f752b Posted at 2018-1-10 21:06
Currently dealing with this exact same issue - did you ever get a resolution from DJI?

Hi there,I also have the exact same problem.I turned my Ipad, remote and aircraft on and it told me I needed to upgrade which I did through the app.After it had installed it there is only a red light on the controller and it wont recognise the controller and hence wont open the app to do anything else.
Have tried to reset the controller but nothing changes.Does anyone have any idea?
Did you get your controller back yet?
2018-1-24
Use props
Origo777
New
Lithuania

I managed to solve the RC updating problems with the use of my old iPhone 5S running on ios 10. There the drone operates with it flawlessly with new FW, however, on iPhoneX and ios 11.2.5 there's no connection with the drone nor the camera view in the DJI Go App though I can operate the drone with my RC "blindly". Seems like the DJI Go App with ios 11.2.5 is buggy.
2018-1-27
Use props
KPEGS
New
Flight distance : 1716 ft
United States

I had similar problems, and I followed RicardoGray's post advice to "LINK" the remote with the drone, and it worked!  Thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
SkyPal74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft

I had the same issue where I could not connect my iPad or iPhone to the DJI Go app after upgrading my controller.  Here is how I manually synced the controller to the aircraft and then my app started working again.  

Manually linking aircraft and remote control
Summary. Read first and then do the steps:

1. Turn on the RC.

2. Turn on the AC.

3. On the RC, press all at once and HOLD the C1+C2+Video rec buttons. You should hear a beep beep from the RC.

4. Quickly after you hear the beeps on the RC and while continuing to press the other three buttons, also press in the camera setting scroll wheel. The led on RC should then turn flashing blue while beeping.

5. Now you have about 1 minute to press and HOLD for 2 seconds the small button (next to the OFDM led) on the side of the VPS module on the AC.  I inserted a small pen cap into the hole to press the button.

6. The LEDs on RC and AC should become steady green and the beeping should stop.

The linking is complete and should now connect to the DJI Go app.
2018-4-25
Use props
Deelkraal
New
South Africa

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-2 06:59
The "Red" light on your RC means there is no communication between it and your phantom. Try to re-link them. You need to go into the App and under settings select "Link". After which you need to push in the button just above your gimbal. One is the LED and one is a link button. Use a small pen or end of a paper clip or something to depress this button. Hold it in for a couple seconds and your phantom should re-link in less than a minute. Light should turn green on your RC and you should be good to go. If you don't know which button to push I can post a picture, or you can look in your manual or search on DJI or this forum for "How to re-link". Good luck!

Thank you thank you thank you! after your explanation i found the "Link"button which isnt acutally a button but looks like a small LED and one needs to push it with a pencil tip.... success!!!!
2018-4-27
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Deelkraal Posted at 2018-4-27 01:00
Thank you thank you thank you! after your explanation i found the "Link"button which isnt acutally a button but looks like a small LED and one needs to push it with a pencil tip.... success!!!!

Great to hear you got it figured out! Happy flying.
2018-4-27
Use props
fansf0f6ea1c
New

United States

SkyPal74 Posted at 2018-4-25 09:08
I had the same issue where I could not connect my iPad or iPhone to the DJI Go app after upgrading my controller.  Here is how I manually synced the controller to the aircraft and then my app started working again.  

#6 is where my linking fails.  It never syncs after press and HOLD of the Link button on the AC for 2 seconds. The LED on RC just keeps flashing blue and beeping....it never finds the AC.
2018-7-19
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

I think the blue light on your rc is saying it is trying to upgrade the firmware. It shouldn't be blue. You simply push in the button on the RC for a slip second, you don't have to hold it in. It should link in 5-10 seconds and you RC should turn green. Check to see your RC has the correct version numbers. I may be wrong, but the only time I have seen a blue light is when the RC is trying to update, not linking.
2018-7-19
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.2
United States

SkyPal74 Posted at 2018-4-25 09:08

I tried this but when I hold C1 C2  Video Rec, I get no beeps.
2019-6-16
Use props
fansfe6a9925
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13625 ft
United States

The "Red" light on your RC means there is no communication between it and your phantom. Try to re-link them. You need to go into the App and under settings select "Link". After which you need to push in the button just above your gimbal. One is the LED and one is a link button. Use a small pen or end of a paper clip or something to depress this button. Hold it in for a couple seconds and your phantom should re-link in less than a minute. Light should turn green on your RC and you should be good to go. If you don't know which button to push I can post a picture, or you can look in your manual or search on DJI or this forum for "How to re-link". Good luck!

Do you have a comprehension problem?  Re-read the question.
2020-8-9
Use props
hcelmas
New

Turkey

Hi, I have some annoying issue with Phantom 3 pro RC. It's not connecting to DJI Go App and aircraft but the gimbal. I can tilt the camera, record video and take photos but cannot connect to app. I have tried 3 different iPhones, 2 different android devices, no luck! Also i tried to reset the controller via holding down the C1, C2 and shutter button, again no luck! When i connet the phone; ios devices seems not connect to anything while anroid devices start charching but nothing else.
It's flashing red and green rapidly, the drone flashing yellow on back rapidly... when try to relink them the controller just start blinking rapid red and green.
Cannot upgrade connat see the firmware installed.
NOTE: I have only one battery and its not original, its a third party battery. I am not sure if that cause the problem.
2020-9-25
Use props
Sky Sight Films
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

I had the same problem and just wanted to thank you for the info as your advice got me fixed up. Thanks!
2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules