4005 65 2015-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

doug@nowpicture Posted at 2015-3-27 01:30

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-26 07:13
Hey Bob. Do you have any videography experience wrt clients paying you for your work?  Do you have a ...

I couldn't agree more with bostonlines. All the snazzy equipment in the world is meaningless when devoid of talent, experience, and gumption.

Bottom line: Put down that keyboard and get out and shoot! If what you produce has any value then the $$$'s will follow.

~Douglas

You guys are both flipping idiots!
If you are NOT even going to READ my posts, how in the hell do you expect to participate without looking like complete fools. I have a crap load of EXPERIENCE shooting both terrestrial and aerial. Since HS I have been taking classes and I have spent a crap load of money and 35 yrs in the field framing and shooting EVERYTHING. Now my friends,  it is time for Bob to Cash In! Even the FAA says, "it's going to be a multi-billion dollar industry" and I'm gonna go grab my share of it, no doubt about.

Why don't you two knuckleheads go and READ the 2nd sentence from the post I made on 3-25 15:04
Then, leave me the hell alone. I posted a thread ABOUT WHERE TO BY THE I1 and you guys turned it into a circus with all this b.s. smoke coming out of both your bottom orifices!

Not that I give a Rat's ass, but after all this time, u guys don't have any idea who the hell I am? - ha ha
(of course I'm going to succeed) -

2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Hey Bob. Do you have any videography experience wrt clients paying you for your work?  Do you have a ...

I couldn't agree more with bostonlines. All the snazzy equipment in the world is meaningless when devoid of talent, experience, and gumption.

Bottom line: Put down that keyboard and get out and shoot! If what you produce has any value then the $$$'s will follow.

~Douglas

You guys are both flipping idiots!
If you are NOT even going to READ my posts, how in the hell do you expect to participate without looking like complete fools. I have a crap load of EXPERIENCE shooting both terrestrial and aerial. Since HS I have been taking classes and I have spent a crap load of money and 35 yrs in the field framing and shooting EVERYTHING. Now my friends,  it is time for Bob to Cash In! Even the FAA says, "it's going to be a multi-billion dollar industry" and I'm gonna go grab my share of it, no doubt about.

Why don't you two knuckleheads go and READ the 2nd sentence from the post I made on 3-25 15:04
Then, leave me the hell alone. I posted a thread ABOUT WHERE TO BY THE I1 and you guys turned it into a circus with all this b.s. smoke coming out of both your bottom orifices!

Not that I give a Rat's ass, but after all this time, u guys don't have any idea who the hell I am? - ha ha
(of course I'm going to succeed) -

2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

SO BACK ON TOPIC !!!

I called coptershop today and talked to Andrew. Super nice guy, and he when in the back and grabbed me the only "A" model left.
They gave me a $100 copter shop gift card as well and will apply it to the 4 tb48's I'll be ordering from them. Over all a great experience, and they shipped it today! I would like to thank everyone who supplied their feedback for me to review

No go on the laptop today, I will go to Best Buy tomorrow for a "Hands On" side by side, then come home and order thru amazon.
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-25 13:46
Hi Bob, also think a bit about charging yr batteries.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthre ...

I guy my eye on something already Dundee, got 2 on order  

Scroll down and look at the adjustable specs on the LRS-350-24

These look perfect.
Each unit will supply 2 packs giving each one - 28v x 7.2a = 201watts simultaneously.
The charge time will be cut in half and according to my calculations, the packs will remain cool as cucumbers, (not even close to "fast charge".

Adam is going to be pissed -
2015-3-26
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Bob Marley- If you scroll up, before that discussion about agriculture I made a post that answered every question you asked to the best of my ability.
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-27 10:59
Bob Marley- If you scroll up, before that discussion about agriculture I made a post that answered e ...

You did a great job Chris, I appreciate all your help and feel I made the correct buying decision because of you. You took a lot of time giving me all that feedback and I appreciate it. Like in your "The real DJI" thread, I will always have your back -
thumbs up dude
2015-3-26
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

One word real-estate... Well two really.  
Get to know the brokers and youll be steady in work Bob!
I have 3 lined up already in the local area up here more online daily soon.

Yacht and powerboat aerials as well
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-27 10:59
Bob Marley- If you scroll up, before that discussion about agriculture I made a post that answered e ...

Oh, and I had some questions for you.
You stopped me dead in my Shield buying tracks when you suggested Air1 (for the same price).
My questions to you are, what about the build-in screen recorder and the hdmi output the Shield offers?
What does the Air 1 offer that overcomes those two incredible deficiencies?

(so no, I still haven't bought tablets yet, undeceive again)
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-27 11:13
One word real-estate... Well two really.  
Get to know the brokers and youll be steady in work Bob!
I have 3 lined up already in the local area up here more online daily soon.

Yacht and powerboat aerials as well

Thanks friend   I think those were the only encouraging words directed at me in this thread.
I am 52 yrs old and have a TON of contacts. I will leave no stone unturned. They way I see it, EVERYONE needs an aerial shot of something, and just because some of you are too narrow minded to see that, don't tell me "you're gonna fail".
I have totally thought this through for 2 months and at NO TIME did I ever ask anyone once if they "thought this was a good idea" -

I just posted to ask you guys Who I should buy my GEAR from, that's ALL -
2015-3-26
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-27 11:15
Oh, and I had some questions for you.
You stopped me dead in my Shield buying tracks when you sug ...

If you want to screen record on an ipad you have to side load the app because apple doesn't  currently allow screen recording apps on the app store. Ironically, this is what Inspire 1 users had to do to load the DJI PIlot app on an iPad before apple approved it.  Here's a link to one way to do it.
http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how-t ... r-required-0156864/

Regarding the HDMI out- Why would you need an HDMI out on the Shield when the remote control has an hdmi out?

Shield 1 benefits - Screen recording ability out of the box .
Ipad Air 1 benefits-  App with more features including flight simulator and less lag/delay.

To me screen recording only matters if you crash your inspire 1 and you think a video of any warning messages or errors that the app shows before the crash might convince DJI to fix your Inspire for free.  With DJI customer service, they probably won't even look at the video. Just being honest here.

The ability to practice on the flight simulator as well as fly my inspire 1 more precisely due to the lack of lag outweigh the one benefit the shield brings to the table.
2015-3-26
Use props
doug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1897198 ft
United States

I was just trying to add something that seemed missing from the conversation, Bob. No reason to get testy.

BTW-good people skills are important too.
2015-3-26
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-27 11:27
Thanks friend   I think those were the only encouraging words directed at me in this thread.
I a ...

I too have a network 20,000 strong that has yet to be tapped

Oddly were the same damn age not much shakes us up at this age but I always see things this way.
Motivate never alienate.
Skys the limit pun intended,lol..

As a community we need to work together there is no wrong answers !
How many forums turn into crap holes ..Almost all of them!
How do I know this I managed one of the biggest car forums on the net at one time before I sold it off, and walked away!!

Seen it all I guess and this place has serious potential if we all work with each other and not be critical .That only scares away others IMO.
I have noticed the past few weeks a lack of tolerance for others view points here, and that's simply not right.

We are all at the edge of an emerging technology many cant comprehend  there is plenty of room for all and their opinions .

Keep on keepin on gents!
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

The ability to practice on the flight simulator as well as fly my inspire 1 more precisely due to the lack of lag outweigh the one benefit the shield brings to the table.

You probably don't realize your feedback sounds totally biased.
Also, your personal preferences don't speak for the majority.

Out of the box screen recording is very cool AND useful, (it's NOT just for proving a crash). It's a valuable tool for us pilots can go back and REVIEW the flight and all the data that was displayed at the time. A TON can be learned by reviewing your flights.

So that is a PLUS for the Sheild (as the Apple folks have to rely on 3rd party app after jail breaking device vs Out-f-the-Box).

YOU may not think HDMI Out on a TABLET is important but it is worthy feature that shames those without.
Having HDMI out is a HUGE feature on any device for many different reasons, and those devices without are purely jealous.
Not only can you plug in goggles or a big monitor for onlookers at the rc field or on a Shoot, but once you are home you can plug into your Big Screen so you and your friends can review the awesome data from your flight via the built-in screen recorder. So many things to do with your tablet's hdmi out that your controller Can't.

BIG PLUS for Shield, (not having it is a big negative for Air)

Let's Talk Lag -
You are aware that there are videos on you tube showing these tablets side by side right running the I1 Pilot app right?
You probably don't know that I have seen those videos as well as read a couple zillion pages on RCG.
The fact is, there is NO discernible difference in LAG between the two, NONE. I have seen it with my own eyes, and I am sure you have as well.

So for LAG, it is a TIE, there is really no way to see any difference, (while the nexus 7 was clearly laggy (like the lessor processor mini's).

As far as the ios app having a sim, no biggie really ........ MOST don't need a sim, but if I did, it would be a whole lot better using my son's Real Flight or Phoenix, (u are aware of those correct?) - As an RC instructor, I would recommend any I1 owner who NEEDS sim time, to skip the app and use a "real" simulator like Real Flight or Phoenix, (and with shield's hdmi out, you can plug in your goggles which is waaaay cool. (and really gets you ready for "real world" fpv -

So I will give the Air1 a "slight" advantage on that one, (only because ios has sim out-of-the-box, (but it's more of a game than a learning tool (comparatively speaking, and I would recommend a real sim for those who need it)

16g of memory made for gaming/video vs 2g of memory for the Air1

It took a while to get thru all that but it did learn something. The Shield is a MUCH better choice.

Chris, I recommend u go pick up a Shield and give it a try, (you can always bring it back).

Thanks for all the input Chris, you helped me out a lot.

NOW TELL ME WHAT LAPTOP YOU ARE EDITING WITH, all you guys, what are you guys using, and what do you WISH you had?

Bob
2015-3-26
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-27 10:56
I guy my eye on something already Dundee, got 2 on order  

Scroll down and look at the adjustab ...

As the TB47/48 have their chargers integrated, i don't think you will charge more fast. I more think your power supply (output 201W) will be more cool then the stock power supply (output 100W).
Do i miss something ?
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

doug@nowpicture Posted at 2015-3-27 11:54
I was just trying to add something that seemed missing from the conversation, Bob. No reason to get testy.

BTW-good people skills are important too.  ...

I couldn't agree more Doug and you're people skills suck and need some serious improvement my friend.

Posting demeaning crap like this to someone, (without having the smarts to read 5 posts above your's first)
How else could I react to such a belittling statement .....

"  I couldn't agree more with bostonlines.

All the snazzy equipment in the world is meaningless when devoid of talent, experience, and gumption. Bottom line: Put down that keyboard and get out and shoot
!".

~Douglas

edit - I forgot to ask ....... Did you even bother to read the Subject or the OE post, (who did you Doug buy ur I1 from, do you recommend them??)
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-27 13:20
As the TB47/48 have their chargers integrated, i don't think you will charge more fast. I more thi ...

ahhhhhh ............ you forget I have the tb47 to play with/sacrifice weedhopper .

There is little doubt I will find a solution, (I know it'll work, that's why I ordered two 0
2015-3-26
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

I use a Mac Pro for editing. I felt over the years this has been the best video/photo editing platform to meet my needs. A little pricey, but well worth it IMHO.  I'm use FCPX and Premiere for video. For photos, I use PS and Lightroom.
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-27 11:33
If you want to screen record on an ipad you have to side load the app because apple doesn't  curre ...

Hey Chris, here is a member on another thread posting of the shield, check out the vid.

I am really happy with the Nvidia Shield. Love the built in screen recorder feature. Lets me record the screen during all my flights.

2015-3-26
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-3-27 10:43

Narcissistic would be a good description. And whats with the name calling? Kinda childish don't you think? I teach my children not to let the little things anger them such that they need to belittle others. You might learn a thing or two from them.
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-3-27 14:14
I use a Mac Pro for editing. I felt over the years this has been the best video/photo editing platfo ...

Yes, it used to be the preferred platform, right up until 4k. But they need to upgrade their specs if they want to play nicely with 4k. I was turned on to the Dell xps 15 by a professional media dude over on rc groups. He also has always loved his macs, but he posted he upgraded from his mac to the dell because of the superior NVidia 750m ddr5 videdo card, the 4712HQ quad core, the SSD, and of course the amazing 4k screen.
This machine is also $400 more than the MBP so expect Apple to come out with a new machine within the next year with much better specs and a $2,500 price tag. The Apple peeps will be dancing in the streets as it will be top dog for the next 2 yrs or so, til the new generation pc's are developed. My neighbor's kid just took off for his first year at Whitewater WI last fall and his parents sent him over here with a cc to buy him a machine for collage online. I got him a MBP 13 because it was such a nice machine - he is really enjoying it -
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-3-25 13:28
Think about 2 different tablets, IOS and Android.
I use Ipad Air and Samsung Galaxy TabS. Both 10. ...

Do you know what, after all the turmoil I have gone thru the last 24 hrs between Air1 and Shield (chris had some good points about Air1), I'm gonna take your advice. I'm gonna get one of each !!!

It really does make sense because how often does one product cover all our needs.

So an Air 1 off of ebay, (thanks Chris), and I'll get a Shield, (cause the specs are way better than the Tab).
Why did you get the tab, by the by? and not the shield?
2015-3-26
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-3-27 11:33
Shield 1 benefits - Screen recording ability out of the box .
Ipad Air 1 benefits-  App with more features including flight simulator and less lag/delay.

dundee Posted at 2015-3-25 13:28
Think about 2 different tablets, IOS and Android.
I use Ipad Air and Samsung Galaxy TabS. Both 10. ...

Do you know what, after all the turmoil I have gone thru the last 24 hrs between Air1 and Shield (chris had some good points about Air1), I'm gonna take your advice. I'm gonna get one of each !!!

It really does make sense because how often does one product cover all our needs.

So an Air 1 off of ebay, (thanks Chris), and I'll get a Shield, (cause the specs are way better than the Tab).
Why did you get the tab, by the by? and not the shield?
2015-3-26
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

dundee Posted at 2015-3-27 13:20
As the TB47/48 have their chargers integrated, i don't think you will charge more fast. I more thi ...

Don't forget to order the battery plugs and TX plugs for charging.
And a harnass for yr 2th. remote.

When i calculate a bit on yr battery planning:
- 4 batt/tx charging plugs or cables. (I don't think you can find the plugs seperate)
- 2 Switching power supplies.
- Loss of warranty on all of your batteries.
- Risking 1 battery in search of your sweet spot.

Naaaa, you better of with stock power-supplies. (My2cents)
In my 6pack gang charger, i have 6 stock power supplies for 6 batteries and 1 extra for the 2 remotes.
On the extra power-supply i have a cable with 2  TX-charge plugs and removed the battery plug.

(Note: It is not recommended that you charge batt+remote at the same time) but you can charge 2 remotes at the same time without the risk of overheating)

I also think that fast charging will shorten the battery life.

That's how i did it.
2015-3-27
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Does this forum have an ignore arrogant jerks button?
2015-3-27
Use props
dundee
First Officer

Thailand

pops52 Posted at 2015-3-27 17:41
Does this forum have an ignore arrogant jerks button?

Yes, click the button below.

[+]
2015-3-27
Use props
david.spencer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7192 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck Bob, I set my business up with a Phantom and I found a market that as boomed for me. I set up in August last year, I still have my full time job and generally work one weekend per month doing the aerial filming. The one weekend per month has now paid for my Phantom, Inspire, all my licences and courses, 27 inch Dell XPS among others and left thousands in the bank. I don't even have to advertise my business as I am well placed to pick up work. I have a great website but cant launch it as I don't want anymore work.

I never had any video editing or shooting skills prior to buying my Phantom, good luck pal.
2015-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules