Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark tried to force landing. And other strange behavior.
1471 11 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 952664 ft
Chile

Last Saturday I experienced some stranges behivors on my spark.
Everything was up to date with last week's updates.(Controller FW, Drone FW, Battery and App.)

This is what I did:

1.Turned on Controller.
2. Turned on Spark.
3. Connected using wifi to controller.
4. Opened the app(Iphone6+) and changed frequency to 2.4.
5. Connected OTG cable to Phone.

6. Connected OTG cable to Controller.
7. Turn on Airplane Mode.
8. I took of from a 2th floor balcony using palm take off.(with cammera pointing at me, press power button twice and it took off.). and the activated SPORT Mode.
9. I turnned it around and flew about 340 m streight. So Far everything good.
10. I dediced to bring it back and pressed and hod RTH button on RC (Altitud was 32. and RTH altitud was configured at 30m) .
11. Drone started to came back but gainning altitude at the same time (FIRST STRANGE BEHIVOR)
12. It came back until 44m distant and 75m ALTITUDE!.
13. I cancelled RTH pressing RC button and started to bring it down on my own, full stick down.
14. Then drone enter AUTOLANDING MODE. and I couldnt cancell it. When pressed cancell the app was not doing anything.
15. Suddndly landing stopped and I was able to get it closer to me.
16. AUTOLANDING STARTED AGAIN.
17. I was able to canceled after pressing the button so many times until it did.
18. I bring it 1 m close to me and tried to land it in the front yard of the house. Full stick down and the drone descended SO SLOW. If you see the logs you'll see that descending speed was about 1km/h. It was very dificult to bring it down.
19. When finally get to the ground it did it fast and bounced a couple of time hitting the floor until it finally landed.

This was really scary and strange.

When I saw the logs I noticed that after palm launched there is a message saying 'Camera Settings Adjusted to ActiveTrack'. Which makes sense for the palm launch. And noticed that there was a FORCED LANDING message on the logs.

I didnt noticed if gesture mode got stucked for not changing it. I think the stranges things made by the drone may be related to this.

Greatfully the drone is OK. But I wanted to share this expirience in case it works for someone else or if someone knows what was the reason.

logs:

http://app.airdata.com/main?share=CTNOZH&page_id=GENERAL

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/KWNHGPV2F7H6FFGT044L/

2017-8-2
Use props
Lian82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Did you switch from gesture mode to sport without switching from normal mode? Maybe that's the problem? I found out if i forget sports mode active .. battery exchange switched AC is not in sportmode but in normal ... okay but could cause trouble .. .
2017-8-2
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

Maybe you dropped some dirt/sweat on the VPS sensor when doing palm launch ?
2017-8-2
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Lian82 Posted at 2017-8-2 09:04
Did you switch from gesture mode to sport without switching from normal mode? Maybe that's the problem? I found out if i forget sports mode active .. battery exchange switched AC is not in sportmode but in normal ... okay but could cause trouble .. .

It may be related. I looked at the logs and for this particular flight voltage seams to vary more than in a regular flight. Although it may be a general issue with active track, this is suppose to get activated after palm launch, and could be on all the flight. Thinking that active track requires too much CPU power. I don't know. But definitely very strange. Every other flight(more than 40) I had no issues.
2017-8-2
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Matioupi Posted at 2017-8-2 09:12
Maybe you dropped some dirt/sweat on the VPS sensor when doing palm launch ?

It could be. I don't know for sure.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please upload the data to Dropbox, then provide me a link to download them? I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis.
2017-8-2
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-2 22:56
Could you please upload the data to Dropbox, then provide me a link to download them? I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis. DJI Quick Tips - Spark - Exporting the Flight Data

Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3xf0q3 ... 9-26-57%5D.txt?dl=0
2017-8-3
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Could you please upload the data to Dropbox, then provide me a link to download them? I'd like to forward it to our engineers for analysis. DJI Quick Tips - Spark - Exporting the Flight Data

I tried to do what the video said but there's not data for that flight anymore. I guess it was overwritten by a newer flight.
2017-8-3
Use props
fansf2304bca
lvl.3
Chile

Ok I was able to collect the data.

I hope this helps:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5hhy2 ... YWHu7kvCPJfyWa?dl=0
2017-8-3
Use props
lucsvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

can't wait to see what DJI says on this.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-8-3 07:49

I hope this helps:

Thank you for the info, I've forwarded it to our engineers for analysis, will get back to you once I heard from them.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansf2304bca Posted at 2017-8-3 07:49

I hope this helps:

Hi, we've checked the data, but it seems the flight controller data and the flight record are incorrect. According to the data, the drone even did not take off, could you please double check it, then provide us the data of this flight?
2017-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules