so i got replacement spark, here is my update and findings.
1100 19 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

so finally my replacement spark has arrived today, amazon refunding proccess with my bank is horribly slow but finally i gotten things settled.

so i got some replacement OTG connectors and cables and all just incase those played a negitive role as well..

first thing is first this spark acts way differant from my last spark i had to get replaced.. rock solid! i mean legit i tried a few things to compare to my ex-spark.

i used my finger and pushed my new spark and it pretty much instantly compensated as you would expect, but it was forceful and didnt give up.   i moved it around forcefully in the air and it came right back to where i put it. my ex spark would have never did that, it would have very lazily tried to compensate then gave up just stuck where ever it dirfted next.   

a storm roled in and i decided to pack up charge up and hunker down till storm passed, came outside wind still kicking up pretty bad but i figured imma take new spark up in the air, 50 feet or so just so nothing slowing the wind down and so it if falls it wouldnt have damaged itself too bad i hope.  well compared to my ex-spark this one one in 15 mph gusts was solid, i mean solid, was some rocking but it held on.  sustained wind of 10-15mph my ex-spark would have held on but gusting suddenly no.  this new one is great so far.

here comes my first interesting maybe small issue i hope will get resolved.  the lag i randomly am getting on 5.8Ghz with OTG (phone/tablet on airplane mode) is odd.. first the image gets soft, then blocky then lag sets in and i honestly cannot tell from screen what is going on, i nearly crashed it, then i discovered obstical aviodance on this new spark works waaay better then it did on my ex-spark, i was in sport mode, because i wanted it the my spark up and out faster.. but then i got loud beeping alerting me to the tree..  my new spark is beeping as far back as 8-10 feet when im approaching the tree, which is great given how poor quality the video was and how dark it was because of poor exposure and compensation in auto. my ex-sport would not have alerted me till i was litterally into the tree, 3 feet maybe..  i dont know if its the update or the hardware working better, but either way im greatful without that i would not have had litterally any idea my spark was about to eat a tree branch... between bad camera feed and the very poor auto mode...  

i didnt get to test range fully im probably not going to till i have more open area, i only did a 2,4Ghz pass around 500 feet out, it was great, no jarring disconnects and reconnects not lag, but image quality got poor moment i crossed the road about 200 feet away where there is more wifi signals shooting out.. i was about 100 feet up , my ex-spark was better at maintaining higher quality video feed, albiet it disconnected alot.. this sustains much better connection but suddently get block/soft..  

final big differance i have noticed is the fact i had zero disconnections, or malfunctions, even in the deep lag, it stayed with me...  i tried to get it to fly away using the one parking lot that my last one freaked out in 3x in a row, this one one i coudlnt do it even tried flying it near the power lines because those have deep magnetic fields i heard, yes definatly showed my compass spiking it didnt cause my spark to drift or move... my ex-spakr would have fly its self into soething that second..

smaller observations... not using a modded Dji-go 4 app but some reason i have features that lets say are not current spark feartures..these feature disappear sometimes and reappear.   i was able to force Opti mode/VPS mode (visual positioning system) ..i tried it out 90 feet up and it was very solid in the area, yea did drift a bit but it refound its course stick to a i would say a 5 foot wide area it would drift around in.   i was doing this over a road that isnt very heavily used but i picked the road because alot of contract and patterns..  bringing it down to 50 feet and it was even more solid in opti/vps mode.  tired it 60 feet up in the grass and it did the same.. stuck to a narrow region.. but i did find if was no pattern changes it would drift around alot more.  so i hovered near a pile of sticks and some clippings, it did pretty good in the terrible shade..  i havent tried opti mode out in poor lighting yet, but i plan on it latter, assuming i can get that glitched menu to work again.   

sesing width compared to my ex-spark is actually twice as good!..  i havent fully tested that yet but i was trying it under my balcony on patter it sensed post on edge and even showed yello/red corves like it sees it there it didnt show how far though.. it showed the overhang as being 5 feet from top of the drone, it was blind on the left sideit seemed maybe..  it didnt beep about the brick wall but it did about the post on the right..  i wish was a way i could switch to narrow and wide sensing to test it...  

we are having some passing isolated storms coming and going, if anotherone pases and im considering taking my spark up as one approaches try to get some lightning videos or atleast something..

one biggest critism of my new spark has to be that the camera in auto, sucks badly..  like badly.. Dji, come on!  if you guys arent going to fix auto mode give us more manual controls

2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sorry for the spelling mistakes.. i have a horrible headache and im just typing without editing because focusing on the small font hurts more.
2017-8-2
Use props
pingywon13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63724 ft
United States

Thank you for the full report. Are you in PA? Only reason I ask is because we are dealing with isolated storms ATM also
2017-8-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why is obstacle avoidance on in sport mode?  That's not a thing unless I'm misunderstanding you.
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-2 12:53
Why is obstacle avoidance on in sport mode?  That's not a thing unless I'm misunderstanding you.

its alerting me in sport mode it wont stop me im guessing

2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

pingywon13 Posted at 2017-8-2 12:49
Thank you for the full report. Are you in PA? Only reason I ask is because we are dealing with isolated storms ATM also

yes i am..  
2017-8-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine does not do this.  
2017-8-2
Use props
dojoman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64865 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-2 12:52
its alerting me in sport mode it wont stop me im guessing

No obstacle avoidance in sport mode. Even the manual shows it will be off in sport mode.
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dojoman Posted at 2017-8-2 13:08
No obstacle avoidance in sport mode. Even the manual shows it will be off in sport mode.

it beeps at me and alerts me in sport mode.. maybe like i said my app is glitched or i dont know what happened upon reinstalling and using OTG i sometimes get extra features.. sometimes they hide sometimes they appear..  

it does alert me in "S-Mode" the avoidance sensors may not detect obsticatical and avoidance is disabled.. i click ok and it lets me fly around at full speed  with random beepings and stuff when im too close to things.. the distance it comes on at is pretty far.. 10 feet. few wasps tried to attack it mid area and it beeped at me about it too as i was hovering in place..
2017-8-2
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

yes fix this auto camara mode it sucks bad cant see screen
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TMUSVI Posted at 2017-8-2 15:21
yes fix this auto camara mode it sucks bad cant see screen

ya its terrible!   the camera its self is extremely capable sensor.. but its just held back but fairly lazy and stupid auto system.

like, DJi, seriously, if you are going to skip out on manual adjustments, fix the camera so its properly exposed and focused better.. or just give us manual controls.. like why spend the money on such a fantastic sensor.. then not help it out any?    i imagine its one of sony's higher end IMX sensors, given its size it isn't cheap...
2017-8-2
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-2 12:53

I think the radar part is still showing active.  
2017-8-2
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Hey iim in pa too! Im in bucks....good to see your new spark is better then the ex!
2017-8-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

One thing I learned about the spark is the more you fly it the better it gets.  Weird? yes, but it's true.
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-8-2 15:49
Hey iim in pa too! Im in bucks....good to see your new spark is better then the ex!

wow, a lot of people in PA flying, thats awesome.  im east of you right now harrisburg/carlisle area.. come this weekend i'm going to be way the hell up north, hopefully getting some good use out of my drone.
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-2 16:09
One thing I learned about the spark is the more you fly it the better it gets.  Weird? yes, but it's true.

that's with almost everything..  this spark i only just got today...  its more then a night and day difference, this spark  behaves itself..    it does drift around a bit i think, at altitude..  but nothing unmanageable.. im sure drifting isn't actually a problem maybe calibration is needed or maybe the glitched app causes it bit its super slow and slight. otherwise perfect

well actually, im having corrupted videos...  im going to replace this micro SD card but this micro SD card has worked a treat everywhere else, just passed a verify test.. all 32GB passed.

2017-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-2 12:40
sorry for the spelling mistakes.. i have a horrible headache and im just typing without editing because focusing on the small font hurts more.

Maybe you will do that mod and show us how it's working out.
2017-8-2
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

What mod? I got mods for days hallmark! Works a treat!!!
2017-8-2
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-8-2 16:09

seems so , so fly alot
2017-8-2
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-2 16:29
that's with almost everything..  this spark i only just got today...  its more then a night and day difference, this spark  behaves itself..    it does drift around a bit i think, at altitude..  but nothing unmanageable.. im sure drifting isn't actually a problem maybe calibration is needed or maybe the glitched app causes it bit its super slow and slight. otherwise perfect

well actually, im having corrupted videos...  im going to replace this micro SD card but this micro SD card has worked a treat everywhere else, just passed a verify test.. all 32GB passed.

Just play with the settings, re-calibrate everything.  Fly low and slow for the first few times and spend a battery or two on playing with the settings.

Happy flying.
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules