Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying spark using iPod Touch
2499 2 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Someone asked on another forum about flying the spark with an iPod Touch instead of a phone.

So I did....
I thought I would copy my answer here in case anyone was interested...

OK.. I just did a short flight with the iPod TOuch connected to the RC.. It works fine but without a cellular data connection you don't have maps and I suspect wont have the ability to change the home point after takeoff. I played back the flight and the marker on the map for "ME" stayed where I took off from even though I walked around. With the phone the marker moved as I walked around. You might be able to restore the maps by using WiFi to connect to a mobile hotspot (of phone) for data and using the OTG cable to connect to the RC. But even that would not give you back GPS of the point where the controller is. So, if you don't mind not having maps and don't care if your position is on the map, yes the Ipod touch works fine. I will eventually get around to the iPad2 but I supose it will have the same problem unless it is a cellular data capable ipad.
2017-8-2
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya the iPod touch wont have ability to sync location of RC or you, however you could download the offline maps and it may work?  i dont know im going to test it later tomorrow on my iPad mini 2..  if i remember correctly the iPad mini 2 did show location one time i used it in the field.  and it doesn't have GPS built into wifi only models of ipad mini 2...  i guess maybe downloaded maps assumed the location is where the spark is at start up, good assumption i guess...

2017-8-2
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hmmm, not fast enough, you will encounter device overload soon.
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules