Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NEEWER Tablet/Phone Holder
2383 15 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

My iPhone is in a protective case which making it a bit fatter and therefore more difficult to fit into and get out of the RC cradle. Annoyed me every time I went flying, so I purchased a NEEWER Tablet/Phone Holder. It is designed for the Mavic, but works perfectly with Spark. Very happy with it! Here are some photos.

2017-8-2
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42989 ft
United States

Thanks for posting this.  I've been looking for a reasonably priced metal holder that has good clamps and this certainly meets that criteria.  I picked up the last one I could find on eBay.  :-)
2017-8-2
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lord Business Posted at 2017-8-2 21:22
Thanks for posting this.  I've been looking for a reasonably priced metal holder that has good clamps and this certainly meets that criteria.  I picked up the last one I could find on eBay.  :-)

It's not full metal, the tablet/phone holder part and top ball socket are plastic but appear to be quite durable. Once set into your preferred position, I don't think you will need to change so shouldn't be much wear and tear on the top socket anyway. I have purchased NEEWER products before and have only had good experience with them. Cheers
2017-8-2
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
United States

forbsie Posted at 2017-8-2 21:36
It's not full metal, the tablet/phone holder part and top ball socket are plastic but appear to be quite durable. Once set into your preferred position, I don't think you will need to change so shouldn't be much wear and tear on the top socket anyway. I have purchased NEEWER products before and have only had good experience with them. Cheers

That works, I just didn't want something that was all plastic.  In addition, I really like the way the holder seems to grip or capture the phone/tablet.
Ironically, as I had read your post, I was in the process of 3D printing a similar base plate. I still need the ball-head and holder, but once complete I will see which I like best... Neewer or DIY.

IMG_2118-sm.jpg
2017-8-3
Use props
lucsvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Nice .. I'm getting one.
2017-8-3
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

do you have the link for that one? i got this one from https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1 amazon and the lenght it puts the tablet from the remote i think its too much
2017-8-3
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Frangu Posted at 2017-8-3 12:28
do you have the link for that one? i got this one from https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071JDC348/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 amazon and the lenght it puts the tablet from the remote i think its too much

This is the link to the item I purchased. Not sure if they ship to USA

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Neewe ... 2060353.m2749.l2649

I tried searching on the US eBay site and couldn't fine any of the NEEWER ones on sale there.

Good luck
2017-8-3
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lord Business Posted at 2017-8-3 09:18
That works, I just didn't want something that was all plastic.  In addition, I really like the way the holder seems to grip or capture the phone/tablet.
Ironically, as I had read your post, I was in the process of 3D printing a similar base plate. I still need the ball-head and holder, but once complete I will see which I like best... Neewer or DIY.

Wow, that's impressive! Hope your DIY works ;)
2017-8-3
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
United States

forbsie Posted at 2017-8-3 16:56
Wow, that's impressive! Hope your DIY works ;)

The rest of the parts for my DIY holder came today.   Neewer holder should be here in a few days.  

IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
2017-8-5
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lord Business Posted at 2017-8-5 15:58
The rest of the parts for my DIY holder came today.   Neewer holder should be here in a few days.

Looks like it fits nicely! Good stuff. Let me know whether you prefer the DIY or NEEWER one once it arrives. Cheers
2017-8-5
Use props
Lord Business
lvl.1
United States

Well good thing I did build my own...  The tracking number sent for the Neewer tells me it wasn't shipped.  The seller contacted me last night to see if I had received it and when I said no, they immediately said it was lost and issued a refund, which to me says they never had it to ship in the first place.  Oh well.  

Mine is working well, but I am a touch disappointed with the clamping power of the ballhead I purchased and may try a different model.
2017-8-10
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lord Business Posted at 2017-8-10 13:38
Well good thing I did build my own...  The tracking number sent for the Neewer tells me it wasn't shipped.  The seller contacted me last night to see if I had received it and when I said no, they immediately said it was lost and issued a refund, which to me says they never had it to ship in the first place.  Oh well.  

Mine is working well, but I am a touch disappointed with the clamping power of the ballhead I purchased and may try a different model.

Thanks for the update ;)
2017-8-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered a Mavmount and should get it on Monday.
https://www.mavmount.com/index.php/product/blue-mavmount-2-0-dji-mavic-pro-spark-ipad-tablet-adapter-system/
Can't wait as I hate the way the spark remote 'holds' the phone. The clamp pushes the home button and is a bit too wide.
I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 which is a pretty common phone, but the fit is just plain lousy.
xxxim.jpg
2017-8-10
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-8-10 18:15
I ordered a Mavmount and should get it on Monday.
https://www.mavmount.com/index.php/product/blue-mavmount-2-0-dji-mavic-pro-spark-ipad-tablet-adapter-system/
Can't wait as I hate the way the spark remote 'holds' the phone. The clamp pushes the home button and is a bit too wide.

That looks really nice, and appears to be a bit more sturdy than the NEEWER one. Hope it works well for you!
2017-8-10
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Thats a great idea, they are only £16 http://amzn.to/2vUEvIv is this the same one you have ?
2017-8-10
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bradders Posted at 2017-8-10 22:01
Thats a great idea, they are only £16 http://amzn.to/2vUEvIv is this the same one you have ?

No the one I purchased is made by NEEWER, but I'm sure it'd do the job
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules