3675 17 2017-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sinus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 201270 ft
Germany

Hi,
yesterday i wanted to show a friend of mine how RTH works. I pressed the RTH button on the RC (i tried the GO 4 app also) but the spark just going to land. I tried this serveral times, but the spark alwas was not flying to the homepoint, the spark only wants to land. The homepoint was set correctly .I checked the logs, and here i found the message:
Exited Visual Avoidance System; Aircraft is close to Home Point. Return-to-Home Mode is now Auto Landing Mode.
So my question is, whats the Problem?
i attached a screenshot, so you can see the altitude, home distance e.t.c

Sinus

rth.JPG
2017-8-2
Use props
Sinus
lvl.2
Germany

O.k. , i dont read the the whole message. What distance is need the RTH works correctly?
2017-8-2
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

i think you should be atleast 10 meters away from homepoint to initiate RTH.
2017-8-2
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

If you have RTH at current altitude disabled, within 3m to 20m, your AC will land where it is. If you enable it, only then it will go back to Home Point. Suggest to read manual at page 14 . Try enable it and try again.
Edit: 20m = 65ft, so you were within range.
2017-8-2
Use props
eylneb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122477 ft
Malaysia

Indi91 Posted at 2017-8-2 23:20
If you have RTH at current altitude disabled, within 3m to 20m, your AC will land where it is. If you enable it, only then it will go back to Home Point. Suggest to read manual at page 14 . Try enable it and try again.
Edit: 20m = 65ft, so you were within range.

RTH at current is disabled by default
2017-8-2
Use props
Indi91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103973 ft

eylneb Posted at 2017-8-2 23:22
RTH at current is disabled by default

Yes forgot to mention that, thanks for pointing that out.
2017-8-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Here is a manual about the RTH procedure for your reference.
RTH.png
2017-8-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

OMG people why you don't read the Manual ?  
Next you will calibrate your compass and in few days you will start a thread "my spark act's strange and fly away"
Read it and download the newest version 1.4 .
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sinus Posted at 2017-8-2 23:00
O.k. , i dont read the the whole message. What distance is need the RTH works correctly?

You can in your app enable RTH within 20 metres, when you enable this your spark will raise to 2.5 metre or if it is above 2.5 metre it will stay at this height and RTH. If this is disabled it will just land as yours did.

I would make sure before you enable or disable this that you are aware of the area you are in and the what might occur in each situation.

Good luck..
2017-8-3
Use props
Sinus
lvl.2
Germany

Szwedu Posted at 2017-8-3 02:53
OMG people why you don't read the Manual ?  
Next you will calibrate your compass and in few days you will start a thread "my spark act's strange and fly away"
Read it and download the newest version 1.4 .

Thank you for your helpfull post!
2017-8-3
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Sinus Posted at 2017-8-3 04:23
Thank you for your helpfull post!

Like it, or don't  - unfortunately he is right ;)
2017-8-3
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 03:39
You can in your app enable RTH within 20 metres, when you enable this your spark will raise to 2.5 metre or if it is above 2.5 metre it will stay at this height and RTH. If this is disabled it will just land as yours did.

I would make sure before you enable or disable this that you are aware of the area you are in and the what might occur in each situation.

Ya, I read the manual a bunch and still was confused on this topic.  So, just want to make sure I get this...

If you have RTH at current altitude DISABLED within 3-20m, it will land where it is.  

If you have RTH at current altitude ENABLED within 3-20m, it will land back where the Home Point was last recorded, but if that's on the other side of trees, you're hosed.  

I assume the RTH button on the remote works depending on which way this is also?  

So, if you are goofing around in an open field, you could enable RTH at current altitude.  If you are flying a mile away, you'd want to disable it and then enter the proper RTH altitude so that you would clear any potential hurdles (trees, buildings, wires) in the Sparks path.  (Next option down in the Maine Controller Settings.)

Do I have that correct?  
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-8-3 05:00
Ya, I read the manual a bunch and still was confused on this topic.  So, just want to make sure I get this...

If you have RTH at current altitude DISABLED within 3-20m, it will land where it is.  

That's basically it, one thing to remember always, you always have the option of hitting pause button, think of it as the panic button, if your in a panic this is your go to failsafe.
2017-8-3
Use props
LeChuck71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68786 ft
Germany

Cravenfan Posted at 2017-8-3 05:00

If you are flying a mile away, you'd want to disable it and then enter the proper RTH altitude so that you would clear any potential hurdles (trees, buildings, wires) in the Sparks path.  (Next option down in the Maine Controller Settings.)

Almost ;)

If you are more than 20m "away" it should trigger RTH at Failsafe Altitude - regardless of "Return at Current Altitude" setting.

You're only busted within 20m behind a tree/rock ;)
2017-8-3
Use props
fans56cfd429
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69633 ft
Germany

Hello

My understanding is:
If the drone is more than 20m away and you hit RTH it will go to RTH height (according setup) and returns to homepoint
If the drone is between 3m and 20m away:
a) Return on current height disabled: The drone lands where it is
b) Return on current height activated: b1) it is under 2,5m, it ascends to 2,5m height and returns to homepoint. b2) it is higher than 2,5, it will return on its height, where it is.
If the drone is within 3m it will land where it is.

Right?

Basically it's the same, what is stated in the manual ;-)
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans56cfd429 Posted at 2017-8-3 06:12
Hello

My understanding is:

Yes that's correct.
2017-8-3
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

AND if you read the manual you will know that from 99-0m away from the home point OA (obstacle avoidance) is active and YOU WILL NOT hit a tree on RTH if IN RANGE OF 100M

Obstacle Avoidance during RTH

• Spark will Return to Home at a flight speed of 10 m/s and cannot avoid obstacles when RTH is triggered and the aircraft is further than 100 m from the home point.
  • Spark can sense and actively attempt to avoid obstacles during RTH, provided that lighting conditions are adequate enough for the 3D Sensing System and RTH is triggered when the aircraft is less than 100 m from the Home Point. Upon detecting an obstacle, the aircraft will act as follows:
  • 1. The aircraft decelerates when an obstacle is sensed at 16 ft (5 m).

• 2. The aircraft stops and hovers then starts flying backward until the 3D Sensing System cannot sense any obstacles.

• 3. The aircraft ascends vertically for about five seconds.

• 4. RTH procedure resumes. The aircraft will continue flying to the Home Point at the current altitude.

2017-8-3
Use props
Resqman911
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28045 ft
United States

Read the Manual.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules