o(^-^)o
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15640 ft
South Korea

I lost my Spark at 20170729.

1. Start with 100% battery
2. Fly around
3. Battery 55%, Distance 104m, height 14m.

then Disconnect to RC Controller and Spark.

and It falling to water.

it didn`t Return Home.

This Situation. DJI is Offer to 30% Coupon.

wow. if you can you accept this offer?

I Think DJI do not accept their fault.

This is very dangerous.
2017-8-3
Use props
PaTaRnAk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83383 ft
United States

I'm in the exact same situation as you... Everything was going well then suddenly I received an AC disconnected message, I heard the drone powered down and saw it fall into a lake like a brick. Did not get the result of analysis yet but I'm pretty sure they won't do anything since the log ends without any sign of abnormality. Their argument is that they can't found the exact cause of the crash. Who cares! The problem is real and has been described by many users on this forum and elsewhere. Whatever the cause is, it is clearly a malfunction of the drone and should be replaced.
2017-8-3
Use props
lucsvette
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sorry for your loss
2017-8-3
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi, were you in any special modes when it falls: for example tripod or active tracking?
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

PaTaRnAk Posted at 2017-8-3 04:04
I'm in the exact same situation as you... Everything was going well then suddenly I received an AC disconnected message, I heard the drone powered down and saw it fall into a lake like a brick. Did not get the result of analysis yet but I'm pretty sure they won't do anything since the log ends without any sign of abnormality. Their argument is that they can't found the exact cause of the crash. Who cares! The problem is real and has been described by many users on this forum and elsewhere. Whatever the cause is, it is clearly a malfunction of the drone and should be replaced.

.....perfectly same....This is exactly dji`s fault.
i will receive 100% coupon in my case!!
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

thank you... i suggest do not fly until next update..
2017-8-3
Use props
PaTaRnAk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83383 ft
United States

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-3 04:33
Hi, were you in any special modes when it falls: for example tripod or active tracking?

Sport mode for me... Here is the log:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8NA24GIN3Y4R352EOVR6/
2017-8-3
Use props
giucip74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11017 ft
Italy

Same situation, started with 100% charge, flew for a few minutes, I try the panoramic photo, disconnect and fall to the sea. Logs do not see my mistake. They propose a miserable 30%. This is their policy. Just a block of sales because it's dangerous, it might make them think back.
2017-8-3
Use props
fans340b9dbb
lvl.1
South Korea

giucip74 Posted at 2017-8-3 04:49
Same situation, started with 100% charge, flew for a few minutes, I try the panoramic photo, disconnect and fall to the sea. Logs do not see my mistake. They propose a miserable 30%. This is their policy. Just a block of sales because it's dangerous, it might make them think back.

this is bad!!. we must demand 100% reward
2017-8-3
Use props
giucip74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11017 ft
Italy

Their proposal is now a coupon for a 30% discount.
This way of doing is unacceptable
2017-8-3
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

20 satellites and this happened definitely something wrong. you should get back to them and request another investigation. this could happen to anyone.
2017-8-3
Use props
djiuser_oUn3550
lvl.2
Flight distance : 50187 ft
United Kingdom

...something must be wrong in the software or, in the worst scenario, in the hardware...

DJI must respond quickly
2017-8-3
Use props
Eric04401
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4531 ft
United States

My Spark has only dropped once out of maybe 30 times flying, but all it takes is one drop over an area where you can't retrieve it and I would be out of $500, so now I'm scared to fly it.  That one time it dropped, it occurred shortly after I switched it to sport mode and accelerated forward.  I had 13 satellites and 30% battery remaining.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with the function that turns the Spark off when its held sideways.  Maybe the Spark thought that it was in that position and that's why it suddenly turned off.  The battery was in tight so that didn't appear to be the issue.  DJI is currently reviewing my logs.  All it shows on my flight log is that it switched to sport mode and then shortly after the flight just ends.
2017-8-3
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaTaRnAk Posted at 2017-8-3 04:36
Sport mode for me... Here is the log:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8NA24GIN3Y4R352EOVR6/

Saw your log and you were not in an area with lots of WiFi interferances, made me scarce to fly anymore.
2017-8-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

They are actually worst than gopro karma at this point.  Very dangerous, I wonder if DJI will take responsibility if a drone falls and damages properties and or hurt people due to uncontrollable fall?
2017-8-3
Use props
todoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39035 ft
France

I had the same problem + an incident or the drone hurt my arm. I'm waiting for their answer.
2017-8-3
Use props
rickysuperdog
Second Officer
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

fans340b9dbb Posted at 2017-8-3 04:38
.....perfectly same....This is exactly dji`s fault.
i will receive 100% coupon in my case!!

Same as my case.... they don't want to take the responsibility.
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

having switched out my spark for a new one, and experiencing a huge difference in behavior im going to lean on hardware bug for why sparks misbehave...maybe offset sensors or bad factory calibration of something we dont have access to in user mode/app.   but i'm leaning on reasons sparks would misbehave is because they have a hardware level issue.  i never had a either my sparks fall from the sky, but my new spark compared to my old one is rock solid, it can detect things much further away, i had it in opti mode (uses visual sensors to stabilize) as high up at 90 feet, which i would have just assumed before wasn't possible but it is..
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-3 06:29
having switched out my spark for a new one, and experiencing a huge difference in behavior im going to lean on hardware bug for why sparks misbehave...maybe offset sensors or bad factory calibration of something we dont have access to in user mode/app.   but i'm leaning on reasons sparks would misbehave is because they have a hardware level issue.  i never had a either my sparks fall from the sky, but my new spark compared to my old one is rock solid, it can detect things much further away, i had it in opti mode (uses visual sensors to stabilize) as high up at 90 feet, which i would have just assumed before wasn't possible but it is..

It's not possible, VPS works up 26 ft ,
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 06:34
It's not possible, VPS works up 26 ft ,

i was 90 feet up.. technically 93 feet up when i switched it opti mode.. it did dance around a bit more than GPS mode but it stayed within a 5 foot circle...  i cant confirm if was anything else assisting it without modding the spark itself to internally log to SD.   it definitely was acting like and assisted atti mode the moment i switched to Opti little dancing and drifting.. but kept returning to the same point, the closer to ground i was the better lock it had to stay in place.

dont be fooled to much by what DJi says it is capable of vs what its hardware is actually capable of when its unlocked and unleashed from its artifical restraints.  i was surprised as well given its using a single down facing camera and 2 IR based sensors firing down.. but hey if it works it works, i mean 50 feet felt like the max distance it should go, around 50 feet it was fairly stable min drifting.

2017-8-3
Use props
Onomarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4728 ft
United States

Same stuff, just different story. No special modes, no weird weather, fairly cool and clear, 100% battery charge, flying in sport mode (not my first gimbal drone), using OTG cable, no interference, calibrated compass and IMU, even DJI says theres nothing wrong with the flight log, it just suddenly ended recording at 191ft in the air. They think I landed it on a cloud somewhere somehow, but really... . BOOM droped out of the sky like a brick into the water. Searched with scuba gear and could not find it. Sent DJI a support request and they offer me 30% off a new drone.

They want us to throw more money at them, when they can't seem to figure out this issue in the first place. They deleted someones post that had more than 25 names on there and that was middle of June. They say I need to use the 30% coupon by September 2nd. I for one refuse to throw them more money until they admit this issue is bigger than it seems and unless we find a way to force their hand, nothing is going to change.

I foresee a lot of RC controllers and batteries for the spark on the aftermarket.
2017-8-3
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

Mine didn't shut down.  Just started sputtering and dropping.  It was over water, but right next to the boat so I was able to reach out at the last second and catch it before is splashed.  Ran fine later on land.  This thing is messed up.  I need to go back and download the log.  I was on vacation, so I didn't do it then.

Was latest firmware on both drone and RC.
2017-8-3
Use props
dognamedjim
New
Flight distance : 50518 ft
United States

Same thing happened to me except I don't have any flight data for some reason.  I have cached video and I can see it just cut out and then nothing but no data.  When I use find my drone I see where it went down but that's it.  Now it's in the bottom of a lake...
2017-8-3
Use props
Jay Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073868 ft
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-3 06:45
i was 90 feet up.. technically 93 feet up when i switched it opti mode.. it did dance around a bit more than GPS mode but it stayed within a 5 foot circle...  i cant confirm if was anything else assisting it without modding the spark itself to internally log to SD.   it definitely was acting like and assisted atti mode the moment i switched to Opti little dancing and drifting.. but kept returning to the same point, the closer to ground i was the better lock it had to stay in place.
VPS will only work when it's with in 26 feet of the ground. The sensors only work so far. This is also stated on the Specs page for the AC on DJI's website.

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#specs
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

There is no opti switch on spark or any other dji drones, I'm sure you have this wrong, at 90ft you would have to be in Atti or gps barometer is what would hold your altitude.
2017-8-3
Use props
Jay Smith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1073868 ft
United States

It really looks like a mechanical low voltage cutoff that is being activated. Does anyone have one of these AC's that didn't land in water when it disconnected?
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 06:57
There is no opti switch on spark or any other dji drones, I'm sure you have this wrong, at 90ft you would have to be in Atti or gps barometer is what would hold your altitude.

only applies if you're unwilling to mod it
2017-8-3
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

I'm glad my Spark is flying without any problems from day one. Wifi only or with RC both work as expected for me.
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Here just upload log and show us opti at 90ft.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-3
Use props
Advan031
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161663 ft
United States

DJI is just waiting to be sued at this point with so many reports of the Spark falling out of the sky.
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Jay Smith Posted at 2017-8-3 06:53
VPS will only work when it's with in 26 feet of the ground. The sensors only work so far. This is also stated on the Specs page for the AC on DJI's website.

http://www.dji.com/spark/info#specs

im sure the camera facing down was playing the biggest role in why it kept itself in relatively same position, not the IR sensors.  since there definitely was some drift but it refound its original position when i switched it the (modded) app menu to opti mode... GPS mode  is way more stable, so to me that at least confirms its not listening to the GPS.  i may reflash my spark and mod the firmware to see what else i can do beyond editing the app to enable things
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Advan031 Posted at 2017-8-3 07:03
DJI is just waiting to be sued at this point with so many reports of the Spark falling out of the sky.

i agree, its negligence at this point to not admit there is a flaw.  weather its a broken clip on batteries, bug in firmware or sensor failure.. something fatally wrong with the spark that needs attention...
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-3 07:01
only applies if you're unwilling to mod it

That doesn't make sense, if your unwilling to mod it I'm sure you meant willing to mod it, so easiest way to show us is put up the log because I don't think you can mod vision sensors to reach 90 ft , I think what your saying is ridiculous. So just put up your log or I suppose everyone will think this is a load of bunkem "

2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 07:11
That doesn't make sense, if your unwilling to mod it I'm sure you meant willing to mod it, so easiest way to show us is put up the log because I don't think you can mod vision sensors to reach 90 ft , I think what your saying is ridiculous. So just put up your log or I suppose everyone will think this is a load of bunkem "

limitations only applies that something doesn't work if you are unwilling to mod it and unlock it is what i mean.    and yea im sure the down facing camera can see contrast further than 26 feet, i strongly doubt the IR sensors see anything further however, height being held is likely baro based.. 50 feet is the furthest i recommend it, for modders willing to force Opti mode.  

i dont know how the app logs it, i would rather from my perspective reflash my spark to log raw sensor data to SD and status used....  doing that would go along way to having a more stable custom spark firmware to unlock features DJi doesn't want.....  knowing DJi they probably dont even want people to know firmware mods and app mods exist.
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-3 07:25
limitations only applies that something doesn't work if you are unwilling to mod it and unlock it is what i mean.    and yea im sure the down facing camera can see contrast further than 26 feet, i strongly doubt the IR sensors see anything further however, height being held is likely baro based.. 50 feet is the furthest i recommend it, for modders willing to force Opti mode.  

i dont know how the app logs it, i would rather from my perspective reflash my spark to log raw sensor data to SD and status used....  doing that would go along way to having a more stable custom spark firmware to unlock features DJi doesn't want.....  knowing DJi they probably dont even want people to know firmware mods and app mods exist.

So I take it you won't put up your logs, so I can assume opti mode at 90ft is ridiculous. Like I said
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 07:25
So I take it you won't put up your logs, so I can assume opti mode at 90ft is ridiculous. Like I said

if that peels your banana thinking that, go for it
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-3 07:30
if that peels your banana thinking that, go for it

It's just coming on here spouting such BS and drivel nothing to back it up, what's the point.
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 07:44
It's just coming on here spouting such BS and drivel nothing to back it up, what's the point.

bs like a camera facing down not being able to see more then 26 feet?
2017-8-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-3 07:48
bs like a camera facing down not being able to see more then 26 feet?

You said 90 ft no proof, plenty of proof to show VPS cuts out at 26 ft, just look at any logs here from phantomhelp,  but I'm certain we won't see yours anytime soon....
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-3 07:55
You said 90 ft no proof, plenty of proof to show VPS cuts out at 26 ft, just look at any logs here from phantomhelp,  but I'm certain we won't see yours anytime soon....

VPS/Opti cuts out because that's the software imposed limitation...the limitation DJi put for best possible stability and use case in broad conditions...we can all agree on that's why dji has a soft limit.  that doesn't mean however it can't work over longer distances, but further you are away the less stable it is and more likely drift or crashing specially in varied conditions like mist or fog or less than ideal light...

the reason i want raw sensor data is because i want to know what it is using... again since its software i dont know if everything is enabled and all fighting each other or is it really in VPS mode and only using down facing camera+Atti..?  are the IR sensors giving back any data or they all out of range?  is the GPS locked still?  is the GPS data being used if it is locked?  how is it determining alti is it baro only?  etc etc.

and i may elect to post logs at a later date after more tweaks or different location and varied tests, currently however im opting out of posting my logs publically.

2017-8-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules