Can't change to 2.4 ghz
4049 12 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Karl Tinsley
lvl.1
United States

I've seen a number of people mention that they get farther reception with 2.4 ghz, as long as there's not too much interference, which makes sense. I've even watched a youtube video or two on how to do it. However, when I try it, it tells that it is going to restart, but then the remote disconnects and never connects again, until I turn everything off and restart, at which time it's back on 5.8. I've waited up to 10 minutes for it to restart, but it never does. Is there a trick to it? Thanks!
2017-8-3
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

If you are in EU it's known issue. Hold power button untill you hear 3 beeps. Wifi will reset to 2.4GHz.
2017-8-3
Use props
TMUSVI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228891 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

things i noticed if i am in a high interference area it will not connect to 2.4 it just  goes back to 5.8, when i am in an area no interference on 2.4 it  goes to 2.4 no problems anyone else notice this or is it just my imaganation
2017-8-3
Use props
Patager
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61437 ft
United Kingdom

I see video tutorials where you can change channels and frequencies but I have no such choices in DJI GO 4? Is it because I am in the UK?
2017-8-3
Use props
Karl Tinsley
lvl.1
United States

Monochrome Posted at 2017-8-3 07:03
If you are in EU it's known issue. Hold power button untill you hear 3 beeps. Wifi will reset to 2.4GHz.

Thanks, I'm in the US, but maybe this would work for me, too. Something to try, anyway. Are you saying to go through the steps in DJI GO 4 to change to 2.4, then hold the power button on the spark until three beeps?
2017-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Karl Tinsley Posted at 2017-8-4 02:54
Thanks, I'm in the US, but maybe this would work for me, too. Something to try, anyway. Are you saying to go through the steps in DJI GO 4 to change to 2.4, then hold the power button on the spark until three beeps?

If you go to your app select 2.4 ghz scroll down you will see bar graph red and green lines under that sliding numbers select one of the numbers corresponding to green line above ,select your wifi will switch off then on and you will then be connected to 2.4 ghz.
2017-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Patager Posted at 2017-8-3 12:04
I see video tutorials where you can change channels and frequencies but I have no such choices in DJI GO 4? Is it because I am in the UK?

Look at my answer in link below you will be able to use 2.4ghz.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=260008
2017-8-4
Use props
Karl Tinsley
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-4 03:31
If you go to your app select 2.4 ghz scroll down you will see bar graph red and green lines under that sliding numbers select one of the numbers corresponding to green line above ,select your wifi will switch off then on and you will then be connected to 2.4 ghz.

Thanks, hallmark007, but that's exactly what is NOT happening. I do those steps, then the screen says something like "Your wifi will restart" but it never does. It just disconnects and never reconnects.
2017-8-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Karl Tinsley Posted at 2017-8-4 07:46
Thanks, hallmark007, but that's exactly what is NOT happening. I do those steps, then the screen says something like "Your wifi will restart" but it never does. It just disconnects and never reconnects.

Yes that's what should happen then it should show in your telemetry top right 2.4ghz, now I'm using a RC so if it's a phone, then maybe if after you have powered up try holding power button for 3 seconds I haven't tried this but I hear some say on the forum here this works, if all this fails try contacting a moderator here to see if they can help.
2017-8-4
Use props
Karl Tinsley
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-4 08:00
Yes that's what should happen then it should show in your telemetry top right 2.4ghz, now I'm using a RC so if it's a phone, then maybe if after you have powered up try holding power button for 3 seconds I haven't tried this but I hear some say on the forum here this works, if all this fails try contacting a moderator here to see if they can help.

Okay, thanks. I am also using the RC. Maybe a moderator or someone else might have some other ideas.
2017-8-4
Use props
gman79
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi, i'm also having this problem recently. I do have a choice between 2.4 en 5.8 (EU situated). After a manual switch, all the 2.4Ghz channels (1-13) turn red one by one.
I've tested it in rural areas and it worked perfectly last week.Now I only can select the 5.8Ghz channels (airplane mode on).  Can anyone help me please?

PS. I did get a notice to update the Fly app and it vanished automatically.

DJI MINI SE
FLY APP 1.7.4
AIRCRAFT FIRMWARE 01.02.0000
RC FIRMWARE 01.00.0600

2022-9-12
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

gman79 Posted at 9-12 01:40
Hi, i'm also having this problem recently. I do have a choice between 2.4 en 5.8 (EU situated). After a manual switch, all the 2.4Ghz channels (1-13) turn red one by one.
I've tested it in rural areas and it worked perfectly last week.Now I only can select the 5.8Ghz channels (airplane mode on).  Can anyone help me please?

You're in the wrong forum section.
Here it is about the Spark, so you'd get more answers if you post in the Mini section.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2022-9-12
Use props
gman79
lvl.1
Belgium

Wolferl Posted at 9-12 05:27
You're in the wrong forum section.
Here it is about the Spark, so you'd get more answers if you post in the Mini section.

ok thx,

I guess this issue does not limit itself to the mini series I guess...
2022-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules