Mississippi Riverboat-American Queen
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

A short clip of the American Queen paddle-wheeler heading up river this morning. Took this with my Phantom 3 Advanced and shot in 1080P, no filters and auto exposure. Around 6:30 in the morning. Thought it was just a nice shot of the river being it was so calm and the sun just coming up. Nothing spectacular, but I like taking pictures of these great machines.
This was just north of where I live here in Keokuk, Iowa.

Sorry there isn't any sound track. Been looking for some old-time "Calliope" music but haven't had any luck finding anything to download yet.

2017-8-3
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Nice!  Were you on board ?
2017-8-3
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Nice Ricardo! I've seen it docked here before in Alton, IL (St. Louis area). Nice to meet someone else on the river.
2017-8-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-3 08:32
Nice!  Were you on board ?

No, I was about 3/4 mile away on the Iowa shore. Would like to try one of these river cruises sometime though!
2017-8-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Steve Slechta Posted at 2017-8-3 08:53
Nice Ricardo! I've seen it docked here before in Alton, IL (St. Louis area). Nice to meet someone else on the river.

Yeah, I watch these around this time of year and enjoy seeing them. The Queen of the Mississippi just went up before this one. It is about twice as big and I hope to catch it sometime. I think both of these boats cruise from New Orleans up to Minnesota about every other week or so this time of year, stopping at Hannibal, Mo and several places kind of close to me, but not right here at Keokuk, Iowa....so I have to chase them down. LOL
I have taken a lot of videos of towboats too. I find them interesting as well.
So, nice to hear from you too. Do you fly out over the river much? Being from the St.Louis area, where do you go for places to fly?
2017-8-3
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
United States

Just got my P4P less than a week ago. Have mostly flown it around my home and took it out to Cahokia Mounds (See my posts). There's a nice river road that runs past Alton that's very scenic in the fall. I'll probably be taking some shots in that area soon.

As far as river flying, not yet. I want to master the controls before I do that. Will be getting Litchi tomorrow and learning way points on that. Very frustrating to spend the time needed on DJI GO in setting up a way point map.

I'll be in touch.
2017-8-3
Use props
JustGoThere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United States

Didn't that boat used to be called the "Becky Thatcher"?
It used to be docked near the St. Louis Arch, near the "Admiral"..
(years ago...)

(I could be totally wrong...but it sure looks like it...)
2017-8-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

Steve Slechta Posted at 2017-8-3 10:46
Just got my P4P less than a week ago. Have mostly flown it around my home and took it out to Cahokia Mounds (See my posts). There's a nice river road that runs past Alton that's very scenic in the fall. I'll probably be taking some shots in that area soon.

As far as river flying, not yet. I want to master the controls before I do that. Will be getting Litchi tomorrow and learning way points on that. Very frustrating to spend the time needed on DJI GO in setting up a way point map.

You will like Litchi. I have used it for quite a while now. Enjoy!
2017-8-3
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
United States

JustGoThere Posted at 2017-8-3 12:14
(years ago...)

It could have been, I can't say either way. I have heard of that name though. So, nice to hear from some fellas somewhat close to me. If you ever get up around Keokuk, Iowa or Hamilton, Il., reach out to me. Would enjoy sharing some stories & such.
2017-8-3
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
United States

JustGoThere Posted at 2017-8-3 12:14
(years ago...)

I believe both boats Ricardo speaks of are newer but I do recall the one you referred to. I think that one was taken down South somewhere.
2017-8-3
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Very nice. Thanks for posting.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Fantastic video! Thanks for sharing. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.
2017-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules