Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38901 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hi,

Since my combo package has not arrived yet I am controlling my Spark with my Samsung S6 edge phone.
Each time I start the Spark, phone does not see the wifi ssid. I reset wifi pressing the power button 10 seconds. It makes consecutively 1 beep, 2 beeps and 3 beeps and then wifi resets and the ssid is shown.
Each time I start the Spark I lose at least 10-15 seconds doing this.

I believe it is because Spark is using some other band for the Wifi and when I reset it passes to another band.
How can I change this behaviour and make it start with the band that my phone supports ?

As far as I know Galaxy S6 edge can connect to both 2.4ghz and 5.2 ghz wifi bands.

Thanks.

2017-8-3
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a remote, which expands some range limitations.  I'm not certain, but I believe that to use phone only, you must hold the power button 10 seconds regardless of the phone being used, AND you must perform this step on each power up.
2017-8-3
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-8-3 10:47
I use a remote, which expands some range limitations.  I'm not certain, but I believe that to use phone only, you must hold the power button 10 seconds regardless of the phone being used, AND you must perform this step on each power up.

this is ridiculous. but we are used to the situation. DJI is not thinking from user perspective.
2017-8-3
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2017-8-3 11:19
this is ridiculous. but we are used to the situation. DJI is not thinking from user perspective.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=100550 Enjoy.
2017-8-3
Use props
[ilkeraktuna]
lvl.3
  • >>>
Turkey

Monochrome Posted at 2017-8-3 11:26
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=100550 Enjoy.

enjoy what ?
that thread does not give any workaround.
2017-8-3
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Maybe check your phone. Some of the androids try to detect for internet on the wireless. If no internet, then it will search for another wifi that has internet. Look in the settings and see if there is an option to stop it from jumping to another connection.
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What is the current firmware? Is it up to date? Have you tried to connect it to an iPhone? If yes, how is it going?
2017-8-3
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
United States

[ilkeraktuna] Posted at 2017-8-3 13:48
enjoy what ?
that thread does not give any workaround.

Enjoy as enjoy the read. Have you read it?  It is explained there why you have to you have to use 10sec workaround. Until dji decides to fix channel issue on 5.8ghz in EU we're stuck with that.
2017-8-3
Use props
MagicStar
New

Greece

I have the same problem with latest firmware. Any fix?
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules