How do I Download my flight Data P4P+
5154 11 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Firecat83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89974 ft
United States

I have looked in the support areas for help on downloading my flight data from a Phantom 4 Pro Plus.  All help will be appreciated.  
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Below is the tutorial video of exporting flight data from P4 series. May I know what happened to your drone? Is there anything I can help?

2017-8-3
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-3 18:21
Below is the tutorial video of exporting flight data from P4 series. May I know what happened to your drone? Is there anything I can help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMb1RD5pPOg

I really like analyzing data.  I like to see what it's telling me.  I would like to have access to my own logs.... Why would DJI encrypt so I can't see my own stuff!?    I like to get into the weeds, and the fact that even after downloading them, I can't decrypt them feels very wrong.  
2017-8-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-8-4 10:46
I really like analyzing data.  I like to see what it's telling me.  I would like to have access to my own logs.... Why would DJI encrypt so I can't see my own stuff!?    I like to get into the weeds, and the fact that even after downloading them, I can't decrypt them feels very wrong.

This might help you

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-4
Use props
Firecat83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89974 ft
United States

Where do i find the Assistant 2 program to download??   I must be looking in all the wrong places!
2017-8-4
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-4 11:09
This might help you

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Oh, no... I get that... I use it... the question is, why should I have to use it... Why are the logs encrypted and kept from us?  Why do I have to use another tool to expert to a 3rd party and then re-download the data?  It makes no sense!
2017-8-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-8-4 12:37
Oh, no... I get that... I use it... the question is, why should I have to use it... Why are the logs encrypted and kept from us?  Why do I have to use another tool to expert to a 3rd party and then re-download the data?  It makes no sense!

It makes sense in as much as most users probably wouldn't be interested in the information, that is the domain of the enthusiasts.

Most of their users just want a 'Plug 'n' Play' drone, switch it on, fly it, get video & pictures. If it doesn't work then back to shop or DJI.

BUT in fact they do provide a data viewer:-

In Assistant 2 V1.1.2-2 , when aircraft connected and visible to Assistant 2. Click on 'Flight Data' then 'Confirm'. You will notice a blue button 'Open Data Viewer', click on this and wait about ten seconds or so....Then browse to flight file you wish to view.

It must be another dastardly DJI ploy :-)
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Firecat83 Posted at 2017-8-4 12:39
Where do i find the Assistant 2 program to download??   I must be looking in all the wrong places!

Please download DJI Assistant 2 from here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro/info#downloads
2017-8-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-8-4 12:37

Why are the logs encrypted and kept from us?  
DJI logs in the internal flight recorder are encoded because they are relied on for warranty claims.
If makes sense that are not easily tampered with.
But they are not kept from you - you can access them and there are tools to read them.
Why do I have to use another tool to expert to a 3rd party and then re-download the data?   
Because that's what you have to do if you want to read the data.
2017-8-8
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

OHHHH.... now THAT makes sense..... I don't like it... but I totally understand.... I could easily see folks crash the drone and then manipulate the data.  Thanks for the input.
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2017-8-8 04:35
Why are the logs encrypted and kept from us?  
DJI logs in the internal flight recorder are encoded because they are relied on for warranty claims.
If makes sense that are not easily tampered with.

They do offer a flight data viewer as part of DJI Assistant 2.

In Assistant 2 V1.1.2-2 , when aircraft connected and visible to Assistant 2. Click on 'Flight Data' then 'Confirm'. You will notice a blue button 'Open Data Viewer', click on this and wait about ten seconds or so....Then browse to flight file you wish to view.

I've not played with it too much as yet, so not sure of all its features.
2017-8-8
Use props
fans5bb54075
New
Flight distance : 1808 ft
Australia

Perhaps DJI could release a new version of Assistant that manages video and telemetry data similarly to go pro's quick? After all, the drone is about making cool videos, not just flying
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules