Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What's Your Video Editing Software of Choice?
8958 23 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sly03
New

United States

Hi All,

I'm really enjoying flying my DJI Spark. One of the things though that's become a point of frustration for me is using the DJI GO 4 app to create content with my videos. This isn't because I think the DJI Go 4 app is bad, it's because the process is tedious when working on a small mobile device. It's also because I want to use the full quality video when I create content and downloading the full quality video from the Spark to the mobile app on my device is a pain for me. I notice when I have the Spark setup in my usual configuration being paired with the remote controller that doing things between the Spark and my mobile device take a lot longer. This includes downloading the full quality video or doing things like updates. When I have my phone directly connected to the Spark, everything is pretty quick. So I've gotten into this miserable ritual of un-pairing the Spark from the remote controller and pairing it directly to my phone whenever I want to update the drone or download the full quality video. For updates, this isn't so bad. For downloading full quality video, it's miserable, as I do this so often.

Although I really like creating content with the DJI Go 4 app, I thinks its time to move on. The process is too cumbersome being that I always have the Spark paired with the remote controller. It's much easier to remove the SD card and insert into a PC or Mac. Actually something similar to the DJI Go 4 app would be preferable, as I find that app is very user friendly as a novice. I'm looking for a similar alternative that can be used on a Mac or a PC. In a perfect world, I'd be completely content with DJI Go app that was made for PC or Mac. I think the content creation capabilities of the app are good enough to warrant this, at least for my purposes.

So finally to the question. What video editing software are you using?

Thanks for your suggestions.
2017-8-3
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

Check out GoPro Studio....  it's fairly basic but does the job...  and it's free.

If all you want to do is stitch videos with a few transitions, add background music and apply a few effects, it's great.

2017-8-3
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

I like the DJI go editor but since for whatever reason it doesn't work on my 4th gen iPad I m stuck using it in my phone.  Small screen and having to copy the full red clips over is a pain

On my iPad I use iMovie. It s easy to use with has enough features. The one thing that it s missing is the ability to speed some clips. It can slow them down but not speed them up which is handy with drone footage. So what I do is load the clip I want to my iPhone, speed it up in DJI gonand export it back to the iPad... pita.

I d like to find an iMovie equivalent for my win10 laptop. I ve tried a few and none come close.
2017-8-3
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

PascalG Posted at 2017-8-3 17:05
I like the DJI go editor but since for whatever reason it doesn't work on my 4th gen iPad I m stuck using it in my phone.  Small screen and having to copy the full red clips over is a pain

On my iPad I use iMovie. It s easy to use with has enough features. The one thing that it s missing is the ability to speed some clips. It can slow them down but not speed them up which is handy with drone footage. So what I do is load the clip I want to my iPhone, speed it up in DJI gonand export it back to the iPad... pita.

You can speed up and slow down clips with GoPro studio.
2017-8-3
Use props
Sly03
New

United States

Oz Moose Posted at 2017-8-3 16:56
Check out GoPro Studio....  it's fairly basic but does the job...  and it's free.

If all you want to do is stitch videos with a few transitions, add background music and apply a few effects, it's great.

Thanks. I'm going to give GoPro Studio a shot. Sounds like just what I need.
2017-8-4
Use props
Frangu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19849 ft
United States

thanks for the information. what format does it need to be to edit the videos in gopro?
2017-8-4
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Davinci Resolve (free version).
2017-8-4
Use props
MarkDeLo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27372 ft
United States

Adobe Premier Elements 15
2017-8-4
Use props
AlfredR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 195965 ft
Netherlands

I'm currently testing Magix Fastcut. The editing proces is very easy and slick. It is not a full blow video editor but more for quickly creating action type movies (somewhat similar to the DJI GO editor).
2017-8-4
Use props
Sparky Mike
lvl.2
United States

I use Magix VEGAS Movie Studio 14. It's a bit easier to get going using that than Premiere, with lots of the same functionality.
2017-8-4
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Thanks for the tip on GoPro studio, I ve just installed it and gave it a quick try. Having to import and convert files before being able to use them in a project seems clumsy At first but it has a lot of features including speed changes.

Frangu, it imports mp4s and other common formats. No problem with DJI footage.

One reason I want to be able to do the editing on my laptop isn't that on the iPad videos end up stored in iCloud and it takes forever to download them back to use in imovie. And when in places with no cell service or wifi... you're stuck
2017-8-4
Use props
PHOTOlulu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 952625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector on my android phone.
2017-8-4
Use props
fans656f0608
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48209 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone tried Luma Fusion for the iPad? I'm tempted to give it at go. I use Davinci Resolve on the desktop, but I like the idea of editing on the go.
2017-8-4
Use props
ciesnik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238750 ft
Germany

I am using Adobe Premiere on the PC. I like having full control (down to a frame) of my cuts.

When I want to make a quick cut on a mobile phone, for this I have Cute Cut Pro on iPhone.
2017-8-4
Use props
Surface2Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167441 ft
United States

I'm an Adobe user, but Avid just recently made a version of Media Composer free if anyone's interested - http://www.avid.com/media-composer-first
2017-8-5
Use props
MR Grunn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85476 ft
Netherlands

On my iPad and i'm using iMovie, GoPro Quick and Slice, and Adobe Clip, on my Mac i'm using Final Cut Pro X.
2017-8-7
Use props
rarevfx4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Premiere Pro is the best choice in the market.
If you want to start free, but on a quite high level with lots of possibilities in color grading and cutting, you can download DaVinci Resolve for free. Its a great editor and color grader.
For only cutting, theres also Lightworks. Free and high value (Wolf of Wallstreet was made with it)
2017-8-7
Use props
daviden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119003 ft
Denmark

fans656f0608 Posted at 2017-8-4 23:35
Anyone tried Luma Fusion for the iPad? I'm tempted to give it at go. I use Davinci Resolve on the desktop, but I like the idea of editing on the go.

Only software I use for video editing. Also super easy to find nice music (that you're allowed to use) on e g Soundcloud - use some web service to download MP3, save it to Dropbox (or othe cloud service) then import in LumaFusion.

Love it on my iPad Pro 10.5.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans656f0608
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48209 ft
United Kingdom

daviden Posted at 2017-8-7 04:19
Only software I use for video editing. Also super easy to find nice music (that you're allowed to use) on e g Soundcloud - use some web service to download MP3, save it to Dropbox (or othe cloud service) then import in LumaFusion.

Love it on my iPad Pro 10.5.

Brilliant! I might download it tonight and have a play. I like the idea of being able to edit on the iPad Pro.

Are you using an SD card reader to import footage?
2017-8-7
Use props
daviden
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119003 ft
Denmark

fans656f0608 Posted at 2017-8-7 08:50
Brilliant! I might download it tonight and have a play. I like the idea of being able to edit on the iPad Pro.

Are you using an SD card reader to import footage?

Exactly. SD card reader. Super fast.

Been doing this for some time with all the photos I take (Lightroom mobile is really mature nowadays). I'm so happy that I can do the same thing with video.
2017-8-7
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

i simply use windows movie maker. just for cutting, transition and adding audio.
2017-8-7
Use props
Jane Smith
lvl.2

United States

Joyoshare Media Cutter has been my video editing tool for many years. It's capable of audio/video cutting, trimming, splitting, merging, rotating, cropping, adding special effects, watermarks, subtitles. etc. Its standout feature is that it cuts without reencoding and loss of quality. The program is easy to navigate and apply operations.
2019-6-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Grass walley EDIUS.  formerly Canopus EDIUS.  I've been using for more than 10 years (not the same version)
https://www.grassvalley.com/products/edius_pro_9/

This is a broadcast video editing software.
Its main strength is its extremely fast program (the strongest on the market) thanks to its patented method. It has been working in the process since its creation in YUV, just like the other cutting programs that convert the YUV video of the camera into RGB color space, edit, filter, cut it, and then recompose it into YUV and save the finished video.
The most stable video program I've ever done (famous for this)
Most importantly, you can use any frame rate in a project, the final result is always perfectly smooth and perfect:
-Spark 30p fps
-Osmo pocket 50p fps (slow down if necessary)
-Canon Legria HFg10 50i fps
They work perfectly in a one project.

2019-6-17
Use props
SebastianArashi
lvl.1

United States

I personally useTunesKit AceMovi, as an one-stop video editor, it really helps me a lot.
As a Dji users, I can read the similar topics here, and many wonderful video editing software were recommended. And I finally chose TunesKit AceMovi.You can use it to adjust your video freely, like change the color, rotate, scale, and so on. Hope that it can help you.
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules