506 2 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys, including DJI mods,
We all know that wired connection is always more trustful than wireless.
Especially when you have the Mavic with USB connection for remote control...Therefore, I wonder why you did not enable that officially for Spark but keep saying "OTG is not tested and not advisable for Spark"?
Thanks,
2017-8-3
Use props
fansfa9c1c91
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197 ft
United States

I started to wondering about the same thing...hope DJI can give us some explanation.
2017-8-3
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

OTG works and is very good for the signal and the quality (spark seems to negotiate channels very fast between RC and its self), but you need an adapter from micro usb to whatever end your using or to type A then use standard cable.. you have to play around a bit with it.. does not pick up right away every time but every device is a bit different. S8 i can plug it in after i start charger and app auto launches 90% of the time..

.  on iPad mini 2 it wont auto lunch for me so i start controller up unplugged from ipad mini 2.. once app is on screen with the spark and on bottom asks if you need help connecting, , plug it in wait for "this accessory not supported, click "dismiss" then click go fly

my guess is DJi is artificially limiting the spark.. needlessly i think.. probably trying to justify mavic pro and phantom..  but failing to realize that those have always had there own markets and places...  hope Dji sees it and unlocks and supports said features like OTG and better wifi handling and advanced features..  its amazing how capable the spark is hardware wise, capable of 45mph, extended range VPS, terrain follow, smart RTH, waypoints, etc etc.. Dji just artificially locked it down on firmware/software side...  i understand why they would want to limit certain things down artificial like VPS and narrow/wide sensing, 45mph sport +.. because while they do work, they can cause instability in flight beyond the range tested and allowed..  in terms of advanced feature sets and OTG seems more like an artificial lock down to justify more expensive projects, needlessly trying to justify them, i already know as a spark user they Mavic Pro is a tech masterpiece..  i didnt buy spark because i couldn't afford or dont want a mavic pro.. i bought the spark because its a lot less intimidating, less loud, and it just fits anywhere..mostly..  and because my GF wanted me to get spark more than the mavic.... and thts not a sale cabanilization, thats how spark market is.. we want soemthing differant, but we dont want it locked down
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules