flight distance problem
12Next >
3162 45 2017-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

After an update which the dji app prompted, my phantom 4 wont fly at a distance more than 50 meters. please help.
2017-8-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI require you to login to your DJI account to "register " the drone before they will unblock the distance and height restriction imposed by the latest upgrade. After you do, things should be OK
2017-8-3
Use props
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-8-3 22:36
DJI require you to login to your DJI account to "register " the drone before they will unblock the distance and height restriction imposed by the latest upgrade. After you do, things should be OK

will try this. thank u.
2017-8-3
Use props
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

galaxy_1208 Posted at 2017-8-3 22:50
will try this. thank u.

one more problem, i cant update no fly zone database. why so?
cant even try flying, its raining outside. does that, in a way affect my aircraft? because app now says "strong interference".
2017-8-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It is a feature of the new APP, please login your DJI account and disable the Beginner Mode. No worries.
2017-8-4
Use props
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-4 01:34
It is a feature of the new APP, please login your DJI account and disable the Beginner Mode. No worries.

Logging in did not help. Cant fly further.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

galaxy_1208 Posted at 2017-8-4 01:36
Logging in did not help. Cant fly further.

Have you tried to re-install the APP, then log into it again. Besides, you can also try to restart the drone and the APP for several times.
2017-8-4
Use props
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-4 02:35
Have you tried to re-install the APP, then log into it again. Besides, you can also try to restart the drone and the APP for several times.

done reinstalling and restarting both aircraft and rc. will try to fly and give feedback later.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

galaxy_1208 Posted at 2017-8-4 02:37
done reinstalling and restarting both aircraft and rc. will try to fly and give feedback later.

Besides, please also make sure the APP and firmware are up to date, if it is the same, please keep us updated.
2017-8-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

galaxy_1208 Posted at 2017-8-4 02:37

You have updated RC firmware as well as aircraft ?
2017-8-4
Use props
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-4 03:04
You have updated RC firmware as well as aircraft ?

yes. then flew the aircraft once a while ago. didnt do anything.
tried reinstalling and updating firmware rc and aircraft for the 2nd time now, will fly later.
2017-8-4
Use props
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-4 02:47
Besides, please also make sure the APP and firmware are up to date, if it is the same, please keep us updated.

havent flew yet. & it's night time in the Philippines BUT will still try to fly later.
2017-8-4
Use props
galaxy_1208
New
Philippines

After several tries of reinstalling & updating and signing in to dji site, my phantom 4 is back. thank you all!
2017-8-4
Use props
catmandu
New
Flight distance : 42211 ft
United States

Glad you got it!
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

galaxy_1208 Posted at 2017-8-4 04:44
After several tries of reinstalling & updating and signing in to dji site, my phantom 4 is back. thank you all!

Glad to hear that, hope you can enjoy it, happy flying!
2017-8-6
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

Please help. My P4 when flies nearly 30 meter my phone prompted air craft signal weak with remote control. If I persist to fly higher (Max altitude I tried was about 50 meter the prompted aircraft signal lost with remote control, then it auto landing @ RTH. I happened after I updated to DJI Go 4. My RC and Aircraft all latest firmware. Please help, been studying the forum and youtube still no solution.
2017-8-13
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33990 ft
Spain

rayloo Posted at 2017-8-13 06:50
Please help. My P4 when flies nearly 30 meter my phone prompted air craft signal weak with remote control. If I persist to fly higher (Max altitude I tried was about 50 meter the prompted aircraft signal lost with remote control, then it auto landing @ RTH. I happened after I updated to DJI Go 4. My RC and Aircraft all latest firmware. Please help, been studying the forum and youtube still no solution.

Have you already logged into your DJI account?
I think you have the same problem as (galaxy_1208)
2017-8-13
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

I have logged in.
2017-8-13
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

I even uninstalled to reinstall. It was OK before new firmware upgraded.
2017-8-13
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

rayloo Posted at 2017-8-13 07:46
I even uninstalled to reinstall. It was OK before new firmware upgraded.

Assuming you have everything updated (drone / remote control / app)
1-Access your DJI account (email + password)
2-Deactivate the function (beginner mode)
2017-8-13
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi P4Mano. Yes, I have latest firmware for RC, aircraft and DJI Go 4.

I did not activate beginner mode, in beginner mode it will limit Max height. But in my case the signal from RC to the aircraft gets weak about 25 Meyer. Can get the signal lost about 30M to 35M. If I adjust the antenna of the RC sometimes can go up to 50M, but signsl lost after that.
2017-8-13
Use props
fans7e1b24d0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12372 ft
Spain

¿ Hola, si no hay conexion wifi ni datos en mi tablets no podre volar mas de 50 m de largo ni 30 de alto?
2017-8-14
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

fans7e1b24d0 Posted at 2017-8-14 00:57
¿ Hola, si no hay conexion wifi ni datos en mi tablets no podre volar mas de 50 m de largo ni 30 de alto?

si puedes!
Asumiendo que tienes todo actualizado (drone / remote control / app)
1-Accede a su cuenta de DJI (correo electrónico y contraseña)
2-Desactivar la función (modo principiante)
Basta con hacer esto una vez y después puedes apagar todo sin problema
2017-8-14
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

rayloo Posted at 2017-8-13 16:36
Hi P4Mano. Yes, I have latest firmware for RC, aircraft and DJI Go 4.

I did not activate beginner mode, in beginner mode it will limit Max height. But in my case the signal from RC to the aircraft gets weak about 25 Meyer. Can get the signal lost about 30M to 35M. If I adjust the antenna of the RC sometimes can go up to 50M, but signsl lost after that.

But did you check if beginner mode is disabled?
You can also try to put your smartphone / tablet in airplane mode and see how it goes
It's really strange that it just happened after the update.
2017-8-14
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3799 ft
Palestine

Something wrong with the new app , after downgrading to the old version my issue was gone
2017-8-14
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

xfighter Posted at 2017-8-14 08:24
Something wrong with the new app , after downgrading to the old version my issue was gone

And what was your problem?
2017-8-14
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3799 ft
Palestine

the drone was incapable of flying more than 30 meters high or 50 meters away!!
2017-8-14
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

Yes. I triple confirm beginer mode disable. I am thinking to downgrade firmeare.

1) downgrade aitcraft and RC firmware, what about my smartphone Dji Go (Mine latest firmware also)

2) My aircraft and RC wont connect Assistant 2. Downloaded Windows Installer also cannot connect

3) someone told me uninstall Dji Go and reinstall the  log in with different account can solve signal lost issue, but I am not sure cause is rainning here cannot test.

Seems so many problems with Dji software....
2017-8-14
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-14 08:11
But did you check if beginner mode is disabled?
You can also try to put your smartphone / tablet in airplane mode and see how it goes
It's really strange that it just happened after the update.

It is NOT strange.
The same thing happened to my P3A drone and EVERYONE keeps saying that I need to log out and back in to my account.
I HAVE DONE THAT ABOUT TEN TIMES ALREADY. I HAVE ALSO INSTALLED THE UPDATES, DELETED THE DJI GO APP AND REINSTALLED IT, MY DRONE AND MY REMOTE ARE UPDATED WITH THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.
I AM SOOOOOOOO FREAKING SICK AND TIRED OF DJI TELLING ME TO LOG INTO MY ACCOUNT TO FIX THE ISSUE......THE ISSUE STILL EXISTS. I CANNOT FLY MORE THAN 30M HIGH AND I CANNOT FLY MORE THAN 30 AWAY.
JUST PROVIDE US WITH THE OLD DJI GO APP 3.1.3 VERSION.... AND DON'T TELL ME DJI CAN'T DO THAT....
2017-8-14
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-4 01:34

And what do I do when that doesn't work?
My drone and my remote are updated already
I am NOT in the beginner mode
my altitude setting is at 120m
my max distance setting is at 500m
I already logged out and then logged back in
NO MATTER WHAT I HAVE DONE THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS>>>>I CAN"T FLY HIGHER THAN 30m AND I CAN'T FLY MORE THAN 30M AWAY.
WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO ADMIT THAT IT IS YOUR DJI GO APP AND WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE US A SOLUTION THAT WORKS?

And don't you dare tell me to press (C1+C2+ the shutter button).... that does NOT work and it is NOT the problem
2017-8-14
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-14 15:17
It is NOT strange.
The same thing happened to my P3A drone and EVERYONE keeps saying that I need to log out and back in to my account.
I HAVE DONE THAT ABOUT TEN TIMES ALREADY. I HAVE ALSO INSTALLED THE UPDATES, DELETED THE DJI GO APP AND REINSTALLED IT, MY DRONE AND MY REMOTE ARE UPDATED WITH THE MOST CURRENT VERSION.

I'm trying to understand your problem!
But it does not make any sense
Is the RC signal strong? (In APP)
Does any notice appear in APP? (Strong interference,..)
2017-8-14
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

rayloo Posted at 2017-8-14 14:56
Yes. I triple confirm beginer mode disable. I am thinking to downgrade firmeare.

1) downgrade aitcraft and RC firmware, what about my smartphone Dji Go (Mine latest firmware also)

I personally do not recommend doing a downgrade
2) My aircraft and RC wont connect Assistant 2. Downloaded Windows Installer also cannot connect
Only the aircraft can connect to the Assistant 2
3) someone told me uninstall Dji Go and reinstall the  log in with different account can solve signal lost issue, but I am not sure cause is rainning here cannot test.
That I know the DJI account has nothing to do with the lack of signal
2017-8-14
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-14 23:17
I'm trying to understand your problem!
But it does not make any sense
Is the RC signal strong? (In APP)

The Dji Go apps first show a drop of bar for signal strength (About 15 meter), then message pop up saying signal weak, at this point the bar may have only 1 or 2 bar (About 25 meter). If flying higher will pop up signal lost, aircraft is disconnected (About 35M to 50M if tune the antenna)

Luckily aircraft can land to homepoint itself.
2017-8-14
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

rayloo Posted at 2017-8-14 23:38
The Dji Go apps first show a drop of bar for signal strength (About 15 meter), then message pop up saying signal weak, at this point the bar may have only 1 or 2 bar (About 25 meter). If flying higher will pop up signal lost, aircraft is disconnected (About 35M to 50M if tune the antenna)

Luckily aircraft can land to homepoint itself.

Sorry Rayloo but I can not see what could be causing these problems!
Can you make a video where I can see the screen of your phone/tablet?
(A picture is worth a thousand words!)
2017-8-14
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-14 23:57

I already sent to service center, since I have warranty remains. By the way, worth to know as case study is.....I got the P4 from my friend about 2 weeks ago. He flew the aircraft to over 100M with me before that, then he upgraded his Dji Go in his Apple phone. The problem started since the upgrade, then I use my Android phone to fly and facing the same problem.

My friend did not touch anything about the RC and aircraft, just Dji Go. When in my hand I upgraded the aircraft and remote firmware to the latest.
2017-8-15
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

P4Mano Posted at 2017-8-14 23:57

By the way, I saw someone posted in youtube exactly what I faced.
2017-8-15
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rayloo Posted at 2017-8-15 01:15
I already sent to service center, since I have warranty remains. By the way, worth to know as case study is.....I got the P4 from my friend about 2 weeks ago. He flew the aircraft to over 100M with me before that, then he upgraded his Dji Go in his Apple phone. The problem started since the upgrade, then I use my Android phone to fly and facing the same problem.

My friend did not touch anything about the RC and aircraft, just Dji Go. When in my hand I upgraded the aircraft and remote firmware to the latest.

You have tried flying in a different area, to eliminate any chance of local interference where you are ?

Is it possible it may have a damaged antenna, a 100m test he did is not very conclusive, your friend didn't crash it at all ?

2017-8-15
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

Yes. I tried several solution before asking for help here. Yes I tried different places. But I am not sure is the antenna damaged.

No crash at all.
2017-8-15
Use props
P4Mano
lvl.4
Spain

rayloo Posted at 2017-8-15 02:46
Yes. I tried several solution before asking for help here. Yes I tried different places. But I am not sure is the antenna damaged.

No crash at all.

Maybe Aardvark is right and you have some problem with the antennas!
When you get your P4 back tell us how it is!
And what was the problem in reality!
I'm curious
2017-8-15
Use props
rayloo
lvl.1

Malaysia

Sure....my aircraft and RC is being sent to service center about 400km from me..
2017-8-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules