Crystal Sky
2158 15 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Hey all, anyone using the Crystal Sky High Res Monitor with thier Mavic? Been thinking about it, comparing it to Apple mini 4 Tab @ $399 I'm thinking about forking out the additional $200 to go with the Crystal High Res as it has many more features than any phone or Tab, like the expandability & HDMI out as I have installed the HDMI out on my P3P's and use a cheap 15" TV with HDMI in to visually fly by, along with my Samsung S5 for controling the App settings.
Real experience always more reliable then marketing jargon. Any users out there?

2017-8-4
Use props
Chris_Lee_Ma
lvl.1

Brazil

I´m thinking to do the same...
2017-8-4
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Mine will be here Monday!
2017-8-4
Use props
Chris_Lee_Ma
lvl.1

Brazil

Just checking about this... I´ll also have to buy a charger for the battery and a mounting adapter for Mavic´s controller. That´s sucks!!!
2017-8-4
Use props
PimpDawg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Chris_Lee_Ma Posted at 2017-8-4 08:05
Just checking about this... I´ll also have to buy a charger for the battery and a mounting adapter for Mavic´s controller. That´s sucks!!!

^^same. Luckily I have a P4A so I've got the charger covered. Still deciding on a mount for the Mavic.
2017-8-4
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't know why it's taking DJI so long to release the mount for the Mavic
2017-8-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-8-4 10:21
I don't know why it's taking DJI so long to release the mount for the Mavic

This is the one I just bought, I like the versatility.

2017-8-4
Use props
Vliegende Holla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1865751 ft
Netherlands

I don't know why it is a incomplete product for that price, without a charger, cable and mount. Simply said: Much to expensive.
2017-8-4
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

Vliegende Holla Posted at 2017-8-4 15:55
I don't know why it is a incomplete product for that price, without a charger, cable and mount. Simply said: Much to expensive.

Well I did some checking, the cost of a new IPad Mini 4 is around $399 USD, IPhone 7 $795 USD, they are compatible but not interlaced strictly for DJI Products, After reading many articles and watching many videos on the CS, let alone the significant reduction in glare, increased brightness by 100%, seamless interlacing with DJI products, ( no more App Crashes ) the cost of $469 USD ( Free Shipping ), $12.95 for a USB "C" cable and $44.94 for a versatile Mavic Mount, actually pretty reasonable compared to upper end Apple products, considering all I want to use it for is flying.
2017-8-5
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Moldova

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-5 16:12
Well I did some checking, the cost of a new IPad Mini 4 is around $399 USD, IPhone 7 $795 USD, they are compatible but not interlaced strictly for DJI Products, After reading many articles and watching many videos on the CS, let alone the significant reduction in glare, increased brightness by 100%, seamless interlacing with DJI products, ( no more App Crashes ) the cost of $469 USD ( Free Shipping ), $12.95 for a USB "C" cable and $44.94 foe a versatile Mavic Mount, actually pretty reasonable compared to upper end Apple products, considering all I want to use it for is flying.

Used the 5.5" with the MAVIC and the P4P. It is bright but so far it crashed 3 times with the MAVIC and 4 times with the P4P.

Also the unit is getting extremely hot and the supposed internal fan never kicks in???

I checked and there other who have the same problems, unit is heating up on the upper left and the fan not kicking in!

2017-8-10
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Check the bottom CrystalSky tab mount options; https://goo.gl/cTTBPb

Also alot of the CrystalSky threads in the DJI Accessories section tab. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=118

DJI Crystalsky Wishlist and Feature Requests

CrystalSky has been amazing, been using it for a month now.
2017-8-10
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-8-10 21:02
Check the bottom CrystalSky tab mount options; https://goo.gl/cTTBPb

Also alot of the CrystalSky threads in the DJI Accessories section tab. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=118

Anyone try to uninstall & re-install Go or Go 4 app from CS yet? Can't seem to get the maps to work after update to 2.2.8.1.
Cure for this for other devices is to uninstall then re-install  for the Go 4, I go to the App's manager in CS and there is no option to uninstall?
Any ideas?
2017-8-11
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-11 07:10
Anyone try to uninstall & re-install Go or Go 4 app from CS yet? Can't seem to get the maps to work after update to 2.2.8.1.
Cure for this for other devices is to uninstall then re-install  for the Go 4, I go to the App's manager in CS and there is no option to uninstall?
Any ideas?

I believe a few people had similar issues with maps. A few people said to reformat.

CrystalSky is a custom android OS to my knowledge and it only has 3 apps and they are like some of the base google apps, you can not uninstall.

2017-8-11
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

dronesinairs Posted at 2017-8-11 08:13
I believe a few people had similar issues with maps. A few people said to reformat.

CrystalSky is a custom android OS to my knowledge and it only has 3 apps and they are like some of the base google apps, you can not uninstall.

Aren't all Android installations custom to the manufacturer?  There are so many flavors out there it's a wonder any app is stable under that operating system.
2017-8-11
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The DJI store has lots of nice new accessories for the Mavic I see now but still no mount the the crystalsky :-(
I can't wait to get a crystalsky but where is the mount?
2017-8-11
Use props
dronesinairs
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-8-11 09:22
The DJI store has lots of nice new accessories for the Mavic I see now but still no mount the the crystalsky :-(
I can't wait to get a crystalsky but where is the mount?

6 more pictures DJI Mavic mount https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 56975&postcount=808

Mavmount and a few others 3rd party mounts work on multiple DJI devices. Not sure why DJI decided on 4 unique mounts; Phantom/Inspire/Matrice, Mavic, Osmo Pro/Raw, Osmo+ Instead of something that would slot into a phone holder.

Check the CrystalSky tab at bottom for all the 3rd party mounts I found. https://goo.gl/cTTBPb
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules