1217 7 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hobez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38543 ft
Portugal

Hi,

As some (most?) SPARK users I have faced the dronie not working (no gain in altitude), bad connections between RC and AC, flyways, etc.

When is a new firmware expected to solve these issues (for the SPARK and RC)?
2017-8-4
Use props
NdFeB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85013 ft

When they find out what is wrong. At the moment there are many different issues. Compass, GPS signal, signal between drone and RC etc. I have recently found out that when I was flying in the park (quite big park) Spark lost GPS many times but I was not aware of this and continue to fly. When I checked my logs it was too late to download black box from spark as it got overwritten. But I will be checking logs after every flight and report any errors and anomalities  
2017-8-4
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

we just did get firmware .500 so they will need a month i bet to get another .
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did you run the drone with the latest FW V 01.00.0500? If so and you still got some problem, please try to fly the drone above 2 meters to use the Dronie mode. And about the bad connections between RC and AC, please tell us with more details, is it owning a short flight distance or the lag of transmission or something else? Please feel free to contact us and we would love to help.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

NdFeB Posted at 2017-8-4 02:13
When they find out what is wrong. At the moment there are many different issues. Compass, GPS signal, signal between drone and RC etc. I have recently found out that when I was flying in the park (quite big park) Spark lost GPS many times but I was not aware of this and continue to fly. When I checked my logs it was too late to download black box from spark as it got overwritten. But I will be checking logs after every flight and report any errors and anomalities

Please try to fly flight in another environment to test the loss of the GPS of the Spark. If it still persists in different environment, please export the flight data of the drone and contact to our support for a data analysis. Thanks.
2017-8-5
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

few things.. first of all, 3D gesture motions will always be buggy and semi broken, that's nature of gesture modes.. every product that has used them struggles for years now, , ps2 eye toy, PS move, Xbox 360 kinect, xbox 1 kinect, just to name a few examples of mainstream 3D gesture based products that have huge flaws. probably going to remain that way for a long while.

second of all, we just had a FW release, DJI aren't known for speedy feature packed updates that squash bugs, they like to take their time..so probably got a while to wait

finally: i think DJi is probably more concerned about a other issues.. like classified security flaws and holes that caused the US military to suspend all operations using DJi products, and the fatal flaws causing certain sparkies to fall to their deaths for apparently no reason.
2017-8-5
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

There is no security FLAW there. It's US Army not trusting a foreign company with their data. It's not like People's Liberation Army would trust a US company with theirs
2017-8-5
Use props
NdFeB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85013 ft
Poland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 00:14
Please try to fly flight in another environment to test the loss of the GPS of the Spark. If it still persists in different environment, please export the flight data of the drone and contact to our support for a data analysis. Thanks.

I will
On this flight
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/PEH6L7PSKPAWKW9J5MYB/
I was unaware of problems with GPS
Just when I looked to flight log I have noticed this problems
I am now in a diffrent country so good aportunity for test in "another location"

2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules