Third type of DJI propellers?
1923 10 2015-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Hi!

I have recently ordered a couple new propellers from a reputable dealer in Switzerland (where I live) :
https://www.brack.ch/dji-inspire-1-carbon-propeller-343242

I received them today. They fit the inspire 1 well. They are made of carbon. However, while the prop locks can be installed, it's quite hard to remove them : the center metal piece (white or black) is a bit bigger than the original.
As you can see in their page, those are labelled as DJI originals.

Other dealers in Siwtzerland are also selling the same model :
http://www.toppreise.ch/index.php?search=BPP1345I&sRes=OK

Could someone from DJI confirm if those are DJI or if local dealers have agreed on labelling third party propellers as DJI?

If those are DJI original, are they supposed to be used with or without prop locks?

old vs new

old vs new

new

new
2015-3-25
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

My guess is these are replicas or fakes and wouldnt use them if you value your aircraft.
2015-3-25
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

It might be the case, however several (usually reliable) dealers label those as DJI original, with the same article number.
2015-3-25
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

blackbox Posted at 2015-3-26 04:09
It might be the case, however several (usually reliable) dealers label those as DJI original, with t ...

They are not DJI original.  Trust me.  We have not produced CF props.  We do composite props that include CF but not total CF.  
2015-3-25
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-26 05:13
They are not DJI original.  Trust me.  We have not produced CF props.  We do composite props that  ...

As I suspected.  They dont even look like they are well manufactured.

Wouldnt touch them ..
2015-3-25
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

If you weigh them they are likely 21-22 grams and heavier than the 18-19 gram props that come with the inspire. They look identical to the ones I ordered from China and decided they were too heavy and flawed to be used.
2015-3-25
Use props
blackbox
lvl.3

Switzerland

Thanks for your insight. Will try to return them to dealer (I did not take a chance to fly with those)
2015-3-25
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Looks like , good luck buy totally after market maytec or ?? , don't trust your $3000.00 aircraft to artificial replicas , T-props maybe if they made em for the inspire , otherwise DJIs are very well designed for your bird and there's no reason to buy some inferior brand possibly losing your investment , you'll be balancing the after market prop more often than a stock would need to be out of the box new ,
unless T- motor decides to design an inspire prop , T-props  are hand made and nearly perfectly balanced out of the box . I use the t props on T motors on my p2 , used lots of different props , and nowadays stock are the best choice...
2015-3-25
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Bet you the DJI prop weighs way less ! And is closer to balanced than that thing with the huge center nut glued in , oh my , the I got to have those carbon fiber prop moments I went through ,, Trust me !!
Besides the upgraded 1345s are even better !
2015-3-25
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

GB44 Posted at 2015-3-26 05:17
As I suspected.  They dont even look like they are well manufactured.

Wouldnt touch them ..

That's right , the cut coming off the center is way off , the center nut is bigger , bet it's not as balanced as close as the stock Dji prop , and bet it weighs more ....
2015-3-25
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Hit somthing with your dji prop it can deflect some minor contact saving your inspire from crashing out. DJI's are made to flex slightly for a very good reason , it also helps to smooth out the way a quad can fly and reacts ...especially for a camera platform! We ain't racing war birds.
Do the same with full carbon props and chances are very good you will loose that prop completly dropping your inspire on the spot !
Harsh stiff blades no matter how good the balance really wont help your filming rig .
2015-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules