Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Google will punish bad rated apps
740 3 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Oh oh DJI, this sounds not good for your DJI GO 4 App:

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2017/08/how-were-helping-people-find-quality.html

Google wants to push their Play-Store quality and begin to give some love to better rated apps. This means apps with a better star-rating will be shown before apps wich got less stars or a worse rating. So this might mean, Litchi will be shown as first result, then some other apps and followed by DJI Go at the last place.

Hopefully Google forces DJI to listen to their customers and finally fix all the existing problems with DJI Go v4 to get the stability and joy of use like the older DJI GO v3 ;-)

2017-8-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

From the Litchi FAQ:

Is my Android device supported by Litchi?
As a general rule, Litchi supports most mid to high-end Android devices. There are many Android devices and versions out there, and even two similar devices can yield very different results, for this reason there is no list of supported devices. The best way to find out if your device is supported by Litchi is to purchase the application and give it a try. If it ends up not working, you can ask for a refund during the 2 hours window. Please do let us know if you find a problem, and we will do our best to fix it.

I find it fascinating how the Litchi folks handle the question of Android compatibility, of course, DJI can't do this. I'd be interested to find out how many people request a refund. Purchasing Litchi certainly seems to be a viable option for hard-line Android folks who just can't get satisfactory results with the DJI product, heck, I've considered buying it myself, in any event, it's certainly cheaper than buying another phone if it works for you.

2017-8-4
Use props
martin_bogo
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure the Google App Store rating system is as cut-and-dry as all that.  I think that companies with $$$ can still purchase top rankings and be visible.
2017-8-4
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

martin_bogo Posted at 2017-8-4 07:16
I'm not sure the Google App Store rating system is as cut-and-dry as all that.  I think that companies with $$$ can still purchase top rankings and be visible.

The thing is, no one is looking for Go 4 that doesn't own a DJI product, so store ranking is really irrelevant. Suspect most are going to use the QR code to find it, anyway. Appreciate the point the OP is trying to make though, that Android issues should not be swept under the rug.

Having worked on cross-platform mobile app projects myself, I'm sympathetic to the challenges DJI faces, but I'm also sympathetic to aOS users. It's a tough nut to crack, which is why I thought Litchi's approach was interesting.
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules