Dji assistant .dat files: how to view
20424 10 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi all, so i got the dji assistant2 loaded and entered into it - thanks for your help.

Have just spent the last few hrs trying to open the .dat files - no joy...
Have downloaded various media players including vcl and updated to latest version - yet i still cant read the files.

When i open the file in VCL it shows the files as being there and allows me to click play - which i do - and the timer starts counting but no data (image or otherwise is displayed).

I am on windows 10 - any one with any advise - would be greatly appreciated.
2017-8-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is flight data file. It is required when you start a data analysis from DJI service. If you need to view the flight patch or the record of your flight, you can watch the flight record column on the DJI GO 4 app.
Please launch DJI GO 4 app--- top right icon---flight record.
2017-8-6
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-6 00:16
This is flight data file. It is required when you start a data analysis from DJI service. If you need to view the flight patch or the record of your flight, you can watch the flight record column on the DJI GO 4 app.
Please launch DJI GO 4 app--- top right icon---flight record.

Hi Thor - when i enter assistant on my pc and go to viewing my flight records then is requires something to read .dat files.
I would like to see these .dat files that are offered for viewing in assistant because i am hoping it provides a bit more useful information to me for analysing my drone.
I downloaded a few programs that read .dat but they are reading the .dat from assistant 2 - and i am wondering if dji is familiar with such an issue and perhaps a fix to this problem.

2017-8-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-6 03:26
Hi Thor - when i enter assistant on my pc and go to viewing my flight records then is requires something to read .dat files.
I would like to see these .dat files that are offered for viewing in assistant because i am hoping it provides a bit more useful information to me for analysing my drone.
I downloaded a few programs that read .dat but they are reading the .dat from assistant 2 - and i am wondering if dji is familiar with such an issue and perhaps a fix to this problem.

I recommend contacting our support to start a data analysis if you need to know something about the flight. Thanks for your kindly understanding.
2017-8-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-7 03:58
I recommend contacting our support to start a data analysis if you need to know something about the flight. Thanks for your kindly understanding.

thanks Thor but i would like to be able to check my own logs to be able to keep on eye on various performances, warning notices and battery situations so that hopefully i can see a problem comming before a critical fail happens - you see dji does not offer refresh in africa and we also cannot get insurance here without meeting certain conditions that i cannot meet.
I would rather avoid a situation than have to rely on dji reading my data and being informed it is user error without providing facts to support - as i have seen too many times on this forum already.
I thought this is what assistant is for ? am i wrong or is it not a fully functional platform yet.
I know that providing data is possible because airdata is able to do it, even with dji data - so why, i wonder is dji not able to do it or provide the interface for us to do it ourself.
2017-8-7
Use props
wachiperro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29209 ft
Chile

Hi Bekaru,
I was able to view the .DAT files with the DJI Assistant app but it now longer opens in it, not sure why.
I got tired of trying with the Assistant app, which I think is garbage anyway.
Now I have all of my flight date on this website (I don't work for them) https://airdata.com/
They offer incredibly complete reports on everything about your flights. They have a limited free version, hopefully that is enough info for what you are looking for.
Good luck.
2017-8-7
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

wachiperro Posted at 2017-8-7 11:08
Hi Bekaru,
I was able to view the .DAT files with the DJI Assistant app but it now longer opens in it, not sure why.

thanks wachiperro - i checked them out and i am impressed. Just thought i should try assistant 2 as i am dji loyal and was expecting it to work - but apparently it does not and so i will go back to airdata and get into it there.
2017-8-7
Use props
wachiperro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29209 ft
Chile

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-7 12:30
thanks wachiperro - i checked them out and i am impressed. Just thought i should try assistant 2 as i am dji loyal and was expecting it to work - but apparently it does not and so i will go back to airdata and get into it there.

Yeah, I tried so many times with Assistant but it became clear this app had a long way to go before being functional and/or useful. Hopefully, the next version improves, a lot.
Glad the other option worked out for you.
cheers.
2017-8-9
Use props
Eclair29
lvl.2
Flight distance : 306499 ft
Vietnam

Hi Bekaru,

My drone crashed a few days ago
The flight log from DJI go 4 is not enough because I lost connection before the crash so the log is not complete.
I managed to connect the drone to DJI assistant 2 and download a DAT file for that day. Can it be read by Airdata or is it just getting the log from DJI Go 4?
2019-1-5
Use props
stevesrf68
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4606358 ft
Canada

Hi Bekaru,

thx, finally able to view my flight data.
2021-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If this thread is applicable to the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom could you, Stevesrf68, please state which set of data you are talking about, i.e. DAT from the drone or 'phone' or txt on the 'phone' etc.  and how you viewed the data?

For what it is worth I can read the DAT and txt logs from the phone ( RC1A controller) using CsvView.
Thanks
2021-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules